Spyder Garage

Default New F3 with a lot of error codes

Hi.
    I've just traded my RT Ltd. 2011 for a new F3 Ltd.
    I've bougth 300 Km from home and in the travel from the Oficial Service and home I received a "transmission error" and I couldn't neither up nor down gears.
    Gear remain in the third one.
    I've stop and look for error codes.
    U0128, U0100, U0122, U010, C006C, U0073.

After that stopped the engine and put off the key, wait for 20 seconds and start again. Squeeze the brake and I can see as the gear go to Neutral.
    I have less errors now, only C006C and U0073.

Stop again and restart and no errors.

Do you know what is happening? Some ideas?

Thank you very much
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

If you get the spydercodes app it will help explain a lot of those codes. I have found that you can have "glitches" where you get codes that clear, like yours, and never come back. They will be stored and can be found with the Buds system at the dealer. First off you can check that all the battery connections are clean and tight especially if they have been worked on for lights radio etc. Then check all the fuses and relay in the panels even remove them and reinstall them. From what I saw in spydercodes it is all communiction problem between the computers. So if they cleared just watch that they don't come back cause then they can be an issue. I have seen emergency stopping and hard bumps in the road cause some codes must shake up the connections...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

C**** = Chassis
    U**** = Undefined

U0128 >TCM BOSCH
    Lost communication with WPM/EPB (lost of CAN ID’s)
    Missing CAN ID 460h from WPM/EPB. Module internal error. Damaged circuit wires or damaged module pins.

U0100 > TCM BOSCH
    Lost communication with ECM (lost of CAN ID’s)
    Missing CAN ID 103h from ECM. Module internal error. Damaged circuit wires or damaged module pins.

U0122 > ECM
    Lost communication with VCM (lost of CAN ID’s)
    Missing CAN ID 020h from VCM. Module internal error. Damaged circuit wires or damaged module pins.

U010 > couldn't find it... missing last digit maybe?

C006C > ECM
    VCM error or failure reported
    Communication intermittent/erratic and/or Check Sum Error. May be triggered by U0122 or any VCM DTC Blown fuse

U0073 > did not find these either on the list, but U0000 to U0099 are Network electrical related.

Check your battery, cables and fuses. A dodgy connection could certainly throw all these codes.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would certainly write all of this down and make your dealer aware of what happened......just incase something happens later.

Then I would check the connections at the battery and be sure it is charged up good.
    Often dealers "abuse" batteries by just letting them sit unused for months and months.

Actually I think I would take it BACK to the dealer and insist that all of the codes and symptoms be documented on a service invoice......even if their "diagnosis" is "no trouble found".

Spyder Garage

Hi.

I went to the dealer and the Can Am engineer in Belgium connected and reloaded the software. Everything seemed fine but after 300 km without problems the transmission error went back.

Spyder Garage

Hi.
    At the momment and after 50 days my f3 continues on the dealer cause till now they don't know where the problem is.
    After a complaint eMail to BRP the dealer has lent me an RT of 2014 while they try to find out what the problem is.
    In spite of the kindness I would like the problem to be solved. In my opinion this is not a "normal" situation for a company like this
    but unfortunately I got the lottery.

Spyder Garage

Please continue to keep us informed. This sort of problem should not happen on a brand new, first 300 miles, situation.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I’ve got a 2018 F3-T I bought new 2 months ago and with only 250 miles I was left stranded because at a red light when I took off it wouldn’t shift out of 1st gear. I got a tranny error that popped up then went away. Next thing was a check engine light came on and stayed on. I had to have it hauled to a dealer in Gainesville (Ride Now) and it was a sensor issue per tHe service department. I’ve now got 650 miles with no issues.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If you get the spydercodes app it will help explain a lot of those codes. I have found that you can have "glitches" where you get codes that clear, like yours, and never come back.
    Looked at the very old thread about spydercodes being pulled. Does anyone have the APK? If so, please advise. PM download if you can. I can install the APK. If you need to grab it from your phone, just get ASTRO file manager and do a backup of it an it will be deposited in your backup folder. I have been using an app (CopiPe - Copy and Paste tool) that got pulled like 4 years ago that I have moved from old android to new android using that method.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

64 days and they continue serarching.
    Last week the dealer revised all electric connectors but error returns. At the ends of the last past week they changed the TCM and tried again.
    No news at the momment, so I thing the problem continues.
    BRP has sent six modules to change included ECM but the dealer needs to test before return to me the bike with good performance guarantees.
    It really is not what I expected when I bought a new bike to BRP

Spyder Garage

75 days today. :-(

Doyou know how can I contact BRP Canadá? Here I have the feeling that they are making fun of me.
    Two complaints by mail and through the web and no response and I do not know what else to do.

Spyder Garage

On Tuesday, April 2, I received news from the distributor.

After changing all the relevant modules and after BRP Canada saw through a camera connected to the engineer's computer in Belgium
    that apparently everything was fine but the problem persisted they decided the problem could be in the wiring and they need to change it to test .

Since I've been waiting for more than 70 days and those tests could take another 15 or more days they decided to give me a new motorcycle.

The dealer will explain to me where is the problem when they, at the end, find it.
    BRP neither has spoken to me nor has answered my eMails, it must be their policy, but I understand that this decision has been yours.
    This is the answer you would expect from a manufacturer as BRP.

A Spanish proverb says: "Bien esta lo que bien acaba" something like if things have a happy ending everything is OK.

Spyder Garage

Happy to ear the problem was solved.

As we say here, that might be an unit that was assembled on a Friday evening.
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Hello mcalva,
    I have the same problem you had with your F3 in 2018. The machine suddenly stopped shifting after 90 km. Did your dealer later contact you about the cause? Could you give me the chassis number of your F3 so that I can get information about the repair from the technicians? Since the problem only occurs very irregularly, the search is very problematic.

Thanks very much.
    funrider2022

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry. I forget the end of the history.
    Six months later they decided to change the left controls cause they are envolved in electronic control despite is not controlled. Until I know the new owner has not had any problem from then.
    Last edited by mcalva; 04-04-2022 at 03:25 AM.
    2018 Spyder F3 Ltd