Spyder Garage

Question Any specific Settings needed for Hard Wired Helmets?

Greeting Spyder Folks. I have a 2016 RT Limited. Is there any special setting required when plugging in hard wired helmets?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Volume, radio station or other music, if you have a CB then the channel setting.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DValkrie View Post
    Greeting Spyder Folks. I have a 2016 RT Limited. Is there any special setting required when plugging in hard wired helmets?
    I take it you have a CB installed? If not, then no hard wire to helmet is available. If you do, go to preferences/audio and make sure headset is on. There's three options, off, mix, and speakers off. There are settings for volume split between front and rear. Also, go to CB screen and adjust the various setting. When squelch is turned all the way down the CB is off.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AND......I found out the hard way, if you have the sensitivity set wrong on the intercom VOX setting, it will activate on the slightest little noise and cut off all of the other audio.

I thought I had a bad headset until another owner pointed out that setting.......and now I am passing it along.

ALSO, the instructions that come with the CB "kit" are WAY better than what is in the users manual.....for all of the audio controls.