Thread: Oil dripping

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BioAbyssal View Post
    So we figured out the issue. The tech reused the crush washer and O-rings on the left side which led to a very poor seal and a leak. As to why I changed my oil so early it was because I had my cluster changed out and upon doing so the odometer by default 0 on the new computer while the machine may have “x” miles on it. BRP knows of this bug and are working on a resolution. Ergo, I opted to have my oil changed early so I wouldn’t accidentally end up at 4000+ miles on the same oil. Rather play it safe than sorry. On the plus side I got another oil change for free. Lol. Service between my second and third oil, ~100 miles. I should have the cleanest engine and oil in town. The oil was coming from the left drain plug.
    My question is why did you have to get your cluster changed out ...what was the problem I am asking due to my 2017 had to have the cluster replaced.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    My question is why did you have to get your cluster changed out ...what was the problem I am asking due to my 2017 had to have the cluster replaced.
    I had these odd bubbles under the screen that would show up in bright light such as sun or when I was detailing it. They showed up on the edges of the screen and looked like some type of delamination or perhaps a poor seal between the lcd screen and display. BRP has now been made aware of the oddity and working on finding what is causing the issue at the mfg level and hopefully can produce a “flawless” cluster.
    2018 RT Ltd. , Champagne