Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Forums question

As the Ryker is still new(er), i'll ask now on feedback/suggestions for Ryker forum requests, ie Ryker Tech/Shop Talk etc..

LMK
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Being able to separate subject matter similar to the RT and F3 forums may be good. Just not too many choices.

There are three flavors of Ryker (600, 900, 900 Rally). That may be a good place to start. And...have a Ryker General for things that don't fit exactly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was thinking that a section for the various engines and drivetrain systems would be helpful i.e. the Spyder has the ACE 1330 engine category. The Ryker needs the ACE 600 engine/drivetrain/CVT system and a ACE 900 engine/drivetrain/CVT system. The CVT is a component of the engine system thus its inclusion with the engine.

I don't know if the engine/CVT systems need to be separated by engine displacement. Others members need to contribute their thoughts on that matter too. Perhaps only one engine/CVT category is required. I notice that many postings are just dumped into main categories that should have been separated out. Some posters are either lazy or unaware of their mistakes during thread selection.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2021 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Moved in error - returned :-/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    .....suggestions for Ryker forum requests, ie Ryker Tech/Shop Talk etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    .... similar to the RT and F3 forums may be good.
    You never had those separate sections for the F3 and its forum works well as is.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

As a newb here I don't know what has worked in the past but I think until there is more of a critical mass of folks owning Rykers and posting here as members, it might be premature to further subdivide this forum. What I would like to see, but not sure if possible is to move the Ryker forum "up" to sit between Spyder RT - Touring and Spyder Shoptalk (all models). I believe the Spyder F3 - Hotrod/Cruiser forum should be moved as well so all the general model specific forums are above the technical forums.

This might be beyond the original request for suggestions. If so, sorry.
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Being able to separate subject matter similar to the RT and F3 forums may be good. Just not too many choices.

There are three flavors of Ryker (600, 900, 900 Rally). That may be a good place to start. And...have a Ryker General for things that don't fit exactly.
    Should "Rally" be added as thats the model, as i dont see it on can-am's site as a model name?

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    I was thinking that a section for the various engines and drivetrain systems would be helpful i.e. the Spyder has the ACE 1330 engine category. The Ryker needs the ACE 600 engine/drivetrain/CVT system and a ACE 900 engine/drivetrain/CVT system. The CVT is a component of the engine system thus its inclusion with the engine.

I don't know if the engine/CVT systems need to be separated by engine displacement. Others members need to contribute their thoughts on that matter too. Perhaps only one engine/CVT category is required. I notice that many postings are just dumped into main categories that should have been separated out. Some posters are either lazy or unaware of their mistakes during thread selection.
    added & rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    As a newb here I don't know what has worked in the past but I think until there is more of a critical mass of folks owning Rykers and posting here as members, it might be premature to further subdivide this forum. What I would like to see, but not sure if possible is to move the Ryker forum "up" to sit between Spyder RT - Touring and Spyder Shoptalk (all models). I believe the Spyder F3 - Hotrod/Cruiser forum should be moved as well so all the general model specific forums are above the technical forums.

This might be beyond the original request for suggestions. If so, sorry.
    Moved.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

@AnthonyG

Your additions of the ACE 600 and 900 engine in Shop Talk looks great, but there is one small error that needs to be corrected.

On the ACE 1330 engine listing heading you need to remove the mention of CVT since that engine does not have this type of transmission system. I underlined the part to strike below:

Maintenance & Technical discussions for the ACE 1330 platform (Engine, Drive Train & CVT system)

Spyder Garage

@AnthonyG

It looks like you need to add a section "Ryker Shop Talk" "Maintenance & Technical Support for the Ryker", since you have that category listing for a versions of Spyders. You did add the Ryker to the listing on the header divider. You updated it to read "Spyder and Ryder Technical Support Forums" now you may what to add ("Ryker Shop Talk" "Maintenance & Technical Support for the Ryker") category to allow us to talk maintenance and support.

Spyder Garage

@AnthonyG

Your additions of the ACE 600 and 900 engine in Shop Talk looks great, but there is one small error that needs to be corrected.

On the ACE 1330 engine listing heading you need to remove the mention of CVT since that engine does not have this type of transmission system. I underlined the part to strike below:

Maintenance & Technical discussions for the ACE 1330 platform (Engine, Drive Train & CVT system)
    Corrected.

@AnthonyG

It looks like you need to add a section "Ryker Shop Talk" "Maintenance & Technical Support for the Ryker", since you have that category listing for a versions of Spyders. You did add the Ryker to the listing on the header divider. You updated it to read "Spyder and Ryder Technical Support Forums" now you may what to add ("Ryker Shop Talk" "Maintenance & Technical Support for the Ryker") category to allow us to talk maintenance and support.
    In a while i will.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Rally can go away. 600 and 900 Forums are good though...IMO

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    As the Ryker is still new(er), i'll ask now on feedback/suggestions for Ryker forum requests, ie Ryker Tech/Shop Talk etc..

LMK
    Why is it Discussions forum for the Ryker Rally. What about us reg Rykers

Spyder Garage

@AnthonyG

I believe a consensus of forum members is to strike the word Rally from the description below. Delete the underlined word below in the header description please.

You could replace the word Rally with (all models). At this time all models of the Ryker appear to be quite similar.

"Discussions forum for the Ryker Rally."

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure how well this request/idea will be received because of its negative connotation. However, this is a valid concern: EVERYONE needs to be informed about technical and safety recalls on their vehicles. So...

How about creating a section under Shop Talk for factory recall notices and discussions? Maybe separate out the "recall board" out to the individual Can-Am models, or just have a single group with threads dedicated to each particular issue?

As everyone is probably aware by now, I have been dealing with a unique set of verifiable problems with my Ryker in regards to the gearbox oil level bulletin. I think it might be more appropriate to separate those discussions (or at least news about the OFFICIAL manufacturer's bulletins) into a separate area. That would prevent the thread-bloat that my rants and documentary tirades create. ;-)

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker's Island

New sub-forum or topic request: Ryker's Island

A destination for all Ryker inmates, natives, and potential "rehabilitation subjects" to share the joys and pains, trials and tribulations, laughs and tears, for better or worse... all of the glorious delerium of Can-Am Ryker ownership.

I'm throwing this out there to claim the idea, but in hopes that other inmates will join the fray. "It's MY island, d*mn it! My idea, my rules, MINE!, MINE!, MIIInnnneee..." [... maniacal laughter as the Rally spews gravel and fishtails off into the distance...]

I'm gonna get peeved if someone already claimed the idea on another board somewhere... Hmm, off to scour the interwebs for interlopers...

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMotard View Post
    New sub-forum or topic request: Ryker's Island

A destination for all Ryker inmates, natives, and potential "rehabilitation subjects" to share the joys and pains, trials and tribulations, laughs and tears, for better or worse... all of the glorious delerium of Can-Am Ryker ownership.

I'm throwing this out there to claim the idea, but in hopes that other inmates will join the fray. "It's MY island, d*mn it! My idea, my rules, MINE!, MINE!, MIIInnnneee..." [... maniacal laughter as the Rally spews gravel and fishtails off into the distance...]

I'm gonna get peeved if someone already claimed the idea on another board somewhere... Hmm, off to scour the interwebs for interlopers...

--
    QM
    CR*P! It does already exist: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/riker...nd/4020-55830/ I'm not a comic book aficionado... otherwise I would have known.

But I'm still using it... it's MINE, I tell you... MINE! [... sharp driveline clunk as my still-unaligned Ryker tilts away at flank speed...]

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Seeing that I do not own one yet how about a section on what a newbie trike rider needs to look at IE how easy is it to ryde and what type of licencee you would need state to state

Spyder Garage

So is there a Ryker forum, i have 2 questions?

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker forum questions

So is there a Ryker thread, I have 2 questions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ministermaria View Post
    So is there a Ryker forum, i have 2 questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ministermaria View Post
    So is there a Ryker thread, I have 2 questions?
    There are MANY Ryker threads, you've already posted in this one twice!

If you want to post in a particular Forum Section, just click on the Forum menu button up above the Sponsor's Banners, just to the Right of the Home button. That'll take you to the Main Index Page, where the Forum Sections are displayed, broken down into:

• Welcome;
    • Spyder & Ryker Discussions;
    • Spyder & Ryker Technical Support Forums;
    • General Discussions;
    • Others you are likely not authorised to see.

You can select those Sections simply by clicking on them, but already, under each of those Section Headings, there are a number of Sub-forums listed/displayed; you can also select them individually if you wish to see their Index pages, but you'll need to check them and all their contents out yourself, as there are simply too many to list here. And you should always open the appropriate Sub-forum and have its Index page displayed before starting a new thread.

However, under each Sub-forum heading, there's many, many threads listed (you will need to click on one to open it!) literally containing well over a million posts total, so the chances are pretty good that in the 16 odd years the Forum has been up and running, someone may have at least touched upon whatever question you might want to ask; so please, do a bit of Searching & Reading BEFORE you start a new thread. Who knows, that searching/reading may throw up a thread (or many threads! ) that fully answer your question; or it might just reveal a thread where your question has been raised and discussed before, in which case it's OK to add to the knowledge base or seek clarification by posting in that existing thread, but it does always pay to check the date of the opening post in a thread AND the dates on the last few posts before posting - thread archeology per se is fine, IF you are adding knowledge &/or seeking clarification of the topic/subject, but it's not always helpful if you want to ask a specific earlier poster something, only they last visited the Forum 16 years ago.

If you do feel you need to start a new thread, please try to briefly ask your question/s in the thread title - that title is really the ONLY way you get to invite people to come on in and maybe help you by contributing; it's the most important KEY (that should contain any search Key-words as well as your question/description) that we have available for searching, so it helps everyone, including you, if your title contains a brief outline of what you're after, or at least a gives any reader a reason for the thread even being there!

If you go back to that Main Index Page where all the Forum Sections are, there's a heap of info down below the Index proper, including a SpyderLovers Legend, where the username colours are explained; and an Icon Legend, where the symbols that appear alongside Threads/forums are explained. And if you ever need any help with anything Forum related, you can always PM any or all of the Moderators here (we have the Green usernames) and we will try to help!

Welcome to posting on the Forum!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-22-2024 at 06:32 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!