Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar question.

When I got my 18 F3L, I installed my stock 2015 RTS sway bar on My F3L. Looking at a F3 Baja Ron bar at a local dealer. The stock RT bar and F3 Ron bar seem to be the same thickness. It does handles better with RT bar. My question is would a Ron bar be stiffer or handle better than the RT bar. Has anyone here had both an RT bar and then a Ron bar on an F3. Did it make much of a difference.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    When I got my 18 F3L, I installed my stock 2015 RTS sway bar on My F3L. Looking at a F3 Baja Ron bar at a local dealer. The stock RT bar and F3 Ron bar seem to be the same thickness. It does handles better with RT bar. My question is would a Ron bar be stiffer or handle better than the RT bar. Has anyone here had both an RT bar and then a Ron bar on an F3. Did it make much of a difference.
    You can not go by the thickness as the F3 bar is the same thickness as the RT bar - yet you noticed it handled better with the RT bar.
    The same goes for the Ron bar. It's the same thickness as my RT bar, but when I installed the Ron bar on the RT I was able to notice the improvement.
    I just put the Ron bar on my 2015 F3, but being winter locked I will not be able to experience the difference for awhile.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

The F3/RS/RSS/ST BajaRon bar, though the same diameter as the OEM RT bar, is stiffer. There are 3 parameters which comprise the end function of a sway bar. The quality of the spring steel used, the bar and arm length and the diameter. Bars of the same diameter are only equal if the other 2 parameters are the same.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    You can not go by the thickness as the F3 bar is the same thickness as the RT bar - yet you noticed it handled better with the RT bar.
    The same goes for the Ron bar. It's the same thickness as my RT bar, but when I installed the Ron bar on the RT I was able to notice the improvement.
    I just put the Ron bar on my 2015 F3, but being winter locked I will not be able to experience the difference for awhile.
    My stock F3L bar is half the thickness of the stock RT bar.

Spyder Garage

My stock F3L bar is half the thickness of the stock RT bar.
    I went off the bar from my F3s and compared that to the one off my RT, and they are the same. I am surprised the F3L is less thick!

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I went off the bar from my F3s and compared that to the one off my RT, and they are the same. I am surprised the F3L is less thick!
    I am surprised to being the RT and F3L are only about a 25 pound difference. But mine corners a little better. But not a lot. That is why I'm asking about the Ron bar. I had the Ron bar on my 15 RTS but it was thicker the the stock RT bar. It was a night and day difference in handling.

Spyder Garage

I had a Ron sway bar on my RT and Ron told me himself that the RT bar would not fit on my F3..... hmmm
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by _..stiffler.. View Post
    I had a Ron sway bar on my RT and Ron told me himself that the RT bar would not fit on my F3..... hmmm
    RT bar and bushings fits F3L just fine.

Spyder Garage

Les, I wonder if someone had already installed a RT bar on your F3S. My stock sway bar on my F3 and my Daytona we're both smaller diameter than the stock RT bar.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

There is some confusion about the different sway bar options. And frankly, some bad information as well. I think this is always the case with any product.

These are round numbers but close enough for the discussion.

The stock F3 bar is 9/16" diameter. The stock RT bar is 5/8" diameter.

The F3 BajaRon Bar is 5/8" diameter (essentially the same as the OEM RT bar) and this is what gives the impression that the OEM RT bar will function the same as the F3 BajaRon bar.

The RT Bajaron Bar is 11/16" diameter. I won't go into the other important sway bar parameters as I've already covered this in a previous post. With a bar this small a very small amount of difference can make a great deal of functional difference in the way a Spyder handles.

I am surprised to being the RT and F3L are only about a 25 pound difference. But mine corners a little better. But not a lot. That is why I'm asking about the Ron bar. I had the Ron bar on my 15 RTS but it was thicker the the stock RT bar. It was a night and day difference in handling.
    Those who have gone from the OEM RT bar (installed on an F3, etc.) to the BajaRon bar have noticed significant improvement. Of course, not as much as going from the OEM F3 bar to the BajaRon bar. There is a money back guarantee on all BajaRon sway bar kits if you are not satisfied with the improvement it gives you.

This may have been a misunderstanding. I have never told anyone that the OEM RT bar will not fit the F3, as obviously it will.

What I do tell customers is that you should never install a BajaRon RT Bar Kit on anything but an RT (though it will physically fit other Spyder models). This is because too much sway bar can be dangerous. A too stiff sway bar will handle amazingly well under good traction conditions. But as soon as traction conditions are less than ideal, you may get out of shape and lose control with a too stiff sway bar. For example, wet roads, sand, etc. Though you will lose some handling improvement under ideal conditions with the correct stiffness sway bar, it will not give you this negative downside in poor traction road conditions.

Race cars have tune-able sway bars which can be perfectly matched to tire traction and current track conditions. But a street sway bar needs to work well in any and all possible conditions. This is why it is important to install the correct bar kit on your particular model Spyder. The right sway bar correctly installed will not only make your Spyder more fun to ride. But it will also make it a safer ride. And that is what we all want.

If anyone has any questions about the BajaRon bar kits or anything else I carry, I am always happy to give you as much information as I can. Customers who know the facts are much more likely to get what they want the first time. And much more likely to be satisfied with the results.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-20-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Les, I wonder if someone had already installed a RT bar on your F3S. My stock sway bar on my F3 and my Daytona we're both smaller diameter than the stock RT bar.
    Mike,

This must be the case as I assumed (an we all know what that means) that since it wasn't a Ron bar on mine - that it was stock.
    My apologies to everyone for my miss-information!

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Mike,

This must be the case as I assumed (an we all know what that means) that since it wasn't a Ron bar on mine - that it was stock.
    My apologies to everyone for my miss-information!

Les
    Just don't ever do it again!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Just don't ever do it again!
    Do what again

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Do what again
    We are not allowed to say...

Spyder Garage

Can someone clarify the differences and pros/cons of the various links available?
    Thanks, Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

This may have been a misunderstanding. I have never told anyone that the OEM RT bar will not fit the F3, as obviously it will.
    Sorry I didnt say the OEM RT sway bar I said the BR RT swaybar. but exactly what you said about safety you also told me.. makes sense now.. thanks.

Ill be getting a sway bar from you soon. Just trying to find the best place for shipping to canada. everyone I look at is extremely high imo...plus the $$ is crap right now for us up here

thanks

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Can someone clarify the differences and pros/cons of the various links available?
    Thanks, Rick
    the stock plastic links wear and can break, especially if paired with the better stiffer swaybar.

the one thing I will say about the baja ron links tho is after a while they will start to squeak. So if you hear a squeak from the front suspension and you have those, give them a shot of grease...just FYI

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know a dealer in the Minneapolis area that will install bajaron bar on a 2015 F3S? I asked one dealer and they said they could not because of some BRP rules or something.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdraz View Post
    Does anyone know a dealer in the Minneapolis area that will install bajaron bar on a 2015 F3S? I asked one dealer and they said they could not because of some BRP rules or something.
    I do not have a list of dealerships who will install a sway bar kit. But a dealership who makes a statement like ... 'they could not because of some BRP rules' is not being honest. There are Can-Am dealerships all over the US and Canada who put my bar kits on customer's Spyders all the time. Some dealerships have put my bar kits on floor demo units because they say they help sell the Spyder.

You do not need a Can-Am Dealership to install a sway bar kit. Any decent mechanic can do the job.

Look around. I'm sure you can find someone who will do the job for you. It's not that difficult. A good number of customers have done the job themselves.

Spyder Garage

Caswell's in Mora will. If that's to far for you send me a PM and I will.

Les

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I didnt say the OEM RT sway bar I said the BR RT swaybar. but exactly what you said about safety you also told me.. makes sense now.. thanks.

Ill be getting a sway bar from you soon. Just trying to find the best place for shipping to canada. everyone I look at is extremely high imo...plus the $$ is crap right now for us up here

thanks

Stiff
    https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...yder/sway-bar/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If it was a 2012 or earlier, they aren't close.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Caswell's in Mora will. If that's to far for you send me a PM and I will.

Les
    Les & BajaRon - thanks for the feedback. Now I just need to convince my better half it is worth the investment while she sits on the back seat!

Spyder Garage

Les & BajaRon - thanks for the feedback. Now I just need to convince my better half it is worth the investment while she sits on the back seat!
    The passenger usually notices more improvement than the driver with a sway bar upgrade. This is because they sit higher and, for them, the lean is exaggerated. So they also tend to notice greater improvement.