Thread: Clearing code

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Clearing code

How do you clear code on 15 RS?
    I started it with loose battery cable and got check engine light...
    I tried the old turning the key on 5 times thing and negative cable off for few hours but neither didn’t work.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I think the code will be stored until a dealer clears it or somebody that has Buds. I think you can just go for a ride and if the problem has been corrected and code goes away.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

Codes you can look up and see what they are and what needs to be done. Warning lights can be on with no codes and should go off after a restart and ryde as the computers check the system and see the problem is no longer an issue. Some have to be cleared with BUDSat the dealer or someone that has the system. If you have a code what was it..? maybe someone here can help out with it.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you still bring up code by holding down mode button and flash high beam 3 times on 15 RS?
    I’ve tried few times but code didn’t come up.

Spyder Garage

Should be.... tap the mode button down till you get to the total hours screen. Hold the mode button down in the hours screen and pust the flash high beam 5 times rapidly... if nothing comes up then there is no code involved...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

With engine running. Press the mode button repeatedly until "engine hours" (total hours) shows on display. Make sure you do not release the mode button when you get to "engine hours"
    While still holding the mode button. Flash high beams 5 times within 2 seconds.
    If there are no active faults "No Active Fault Code" will be displayed.
    If there is an active fault, an alphanumeric code will be displayed.
    If there are more than one active code, you may press MODE to cycle through them.

Almost all faults with the exception of a few will clear themselves when the reason for the fault code is fixed.

Turning the key off and on a bunch of times. Disconnecting the battery for a while. Removing the key and dancing the hokey pokey for 10 minutes. All may not cause any harm. But certainly will not help and just will waste your time.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On 15 RS, you toggle thru that menu(hr, miles) with directional pad, not mode button so I can’t follow the directions below.
    I’ve tried holding down mode button while toggling with directional pad but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    With engine running. Press the mode button repeatedly until "engine hours" (total hours) shows on display. Make sure you do not release the mode button when you get to "engine hours"
    While still holding the mode button. Flash high beams 5 times within 2 seconds.
    If there are no active faults "No Active Fault Code" will be displayed.
    If there is an active fault, an alphanumeric code will be displayed.
    If there are more than one active code, you may press MODE to cycle through them.

Almost all faults with the exception of a few will clear themselves when the reason for the fault code is fixed.

Turning the key off and on a bunch of times. Disconnecting the battery for a while. Removing the key and dancing the hokey pokey for 10 minutes. All may not cause any harm. But certainly will not help and just will waste your time.