Spyder Garage

Default Struggling...picked out an Indian Scout and now considering Ryker Rally

I wanted a second bike to rip around on when not riding the RT. My Aero is underpowered and I need to find a replacement for it. Just about ready to put money down on an Indian Scout Icon, blue and white, and then decided to sit down on a 900 Ryker. Now I am not sure what to do. I really like a spin on the occasional two wheels, but there is something about that Ryker that draws me to it. What to do, what to do...and all the Ryker youtube videos are not helping the case for the Indian Scout...LOL

Gunner

Spyder Garage

Well....this being a Spyder/Ryker kind of place....what do you think we may suggest?

However...I have a Spyder and a Vulcan. No Ryker yet though. But...based on what I am seeing....the Ryker is looking like a hit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default What a pickle.....

Did you test ryde the Indian scout....? Guess that would be the way to go and see if it is what you want then test the ryker , if you haven't already, and this may help you pick the one you want....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Too bad that Indian dropped the Octane. JMHO but a great bike to have as well as an RT. If the Octane could stay close to my old V-Max in most performance aspects, there would be one in my garage right now.
    I think the new Triumphs deserve a serious look too.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One of our guys Cesar, in the Port Stockton Motorcycle Club got a new
    Scout about 3 weeks ago and a smokin deal on it.... I may have to think hard about one
    it is quick and fun to ride....
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    I wanted a second bike to rip around on when not riding the RT. My Aero is underpowered and I need to find a replacement for it. Just about ready to put money down on an Indian Scout Icon, blue and white, and then decided to sit down on a 900 Ryker. Now I am not sure what to do. I really like a spin on the occasional two wheels, but there is something about that Ryker that draws me to it. What to do, what to do...and all the Ryker youtube videos are not helping the case for the Indian Scout...LOL

Gunner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Too bad that Indian dropped the Octane. JMHO but a great bike to have as well as an RT. If the Octane could stay close to my old V-Max in most performance aspects, there would be one in my garage right now.
    I think the new Triumphs deserve a serious look too.
    Octane was a Victory not Indian.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I've got two other bikes in the garage besides the RT. The other day I was at the dealer who sells both Can Am's and Indians and I sat on the new Ryker as well as a couple of the scouts. I thought the Ryker was a neat little bike but I didn't find the seat all day comfortable and I honestly couldn't see myself taking it on any long rides, especially if they involved lots of highway miles. It looks like a great bike for rides on twisty roads where the speeds are less than 55.

The Scout is a different animal entirely. It's a cruiser, so you have to be comfortable with that type of seating. The RT is a standard riding position, especially if you have floorboards that let you keep your feet back. If your looking for a cruiser bike, I think it would be a great choice. For me, having two three wheelers doesn't vary the mix enough. I like getting back on two wheels and for short rides out in the country, it's my choice. And I'm still on the wall about how much I like or can tolerate the feet forward position, I have the little Vulcan and need to put some more miles on it this spring to figure that out. HTH
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post

Gunner
    If your looking to replace your Aero I would think the Ryker Rally would be the way to go. The Indian Scout is Awesome but for short rides around town (traffic) stop and go I think the Rally would be better, the Scout is 550 LBS. And with the Rally if you want to have fun you can take on the dirt roads let the rear tire slide a little. Just my thoughts based on what you ride now RT and Aero. It's all good!
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Ryker Rally all day long.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    If your looking to replace your Aero I would think the Ryker Rally would be the way to go. The Indian Scout is Awesome but for short rides around town (traffic) stop and go I think the Rally would be better, the Scout is 1000 LBS. And with the Rally if you want to have fun you can take on the dirt roads let the rear tire slide a little. Just my thoughts based on what you ride now RT and Aero. It's all good!
    The Scout weighs 533 pounds.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i love my scout, no regrets in any way. what makes it nice is parking is easier then the like any 2 wheeler but the scout is an excellent bike with plenty of power and great balance weight.

Spyder Garage

Indian Scout Corrected; 550 LBS weight. and yes a great bike and I do love the low center of gravity. As noted Awesome bike.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am going to take a ryker for a test ride in the next couple of weeks. Right now I am enjoying my F3T and my 2nd generation yamaha vmax. As for the ryker replacing either of my bikes, it is a definite no go. If I get to where I have no desire to ride the 2 wheeler, I might consider a ryker, but for now, the ryker cannot replace either of my bikes.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am going to take a ryker for a test ride in the next couple of weeks. Right now I am enjoying my F3T and my 2nd generation yamaha vmax. As for the ryker replacing either of my bikes, it is a definite no go. If I get to where I have no desire to ride the 2 wheeler, I might consider a ryker, but for now, the ryker cannot replace either of my bikes.
    I have a HD Street and a Spyder RTL. The Ryker Rally looks interesting, I'm going to stay with what I have wait and see down the road. But I do think about all the nice dirt roads I have around here and the rally would be a good fit for that.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

7 degrees here today when I walked into Mies Outland in Watkins, MN and bought the 2018 Scout Icon, blue and white with ABS. Considered the Ryker, but the Scout was a great deal with an extra $500 for military and first responders on accessories...even us retired LEO's. Also, 15% off those accessories in addition to the $500...Stage 1 Indian exhaust, pull-back handlebars, and luggage rack all with free install. Looking forward to April.

They were making progress on the Can Am showroom and my salesman told me he was really looking forward the getting Spyders and Rykers into the dealership. If the Indian showroom is any indication of what the Can Am showroom is going to look like, it should be something to see.

Gunner

Spyder Garage

on the new bike! Live to Ride Ride to Live
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Where is the pics ??
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Whichever way you go, you win. I wish all decisions were like that.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!