Spyder Garage

Default New Ryker Rally in Oklahoma

Hey guys! I picked up my Rally last Saturday from Morris Motorsports. Paid $11,500 out the door. Liked the bike so much i didnt even haggle. They offer "engines for life" and will guarantee the powertrain components if i maintain it at their shop. I'm, for the most part, out of my mechanic stage and will let them maintain it. I come from a 2-stroke/dirt-bikey background and, other than oil/filter changes, feel a 900 triple with a weird CVT transmission might be a little more than I want to crack open!

It's been very cold here and I've only been able to put about 180 miles on it.
    As far as initial thoughts on the bike, I was very suprised by the performance in Rally mode!
    If you ask for full throttle (briefly, still breaking in!), you get it.
    Really easy to steer with the motor in a turn and lots of fun!
    I expected a bit more wheel hop on expansion joints on the highway.
    Back end really planted. Even at highway speed. My 250 lbs probably helps!
    Only complaint so far is that it feels a little floaty/darty on the interstate at speed.
    I haven't tinkered with suspension settings yet and might be able to improve on how it's set up now.
    Installed The LED headlights I found on this forum but have not tested. Too dang cold right now.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new Rally!
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

and on your new Ryker.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome northern neighbor! Glad to hear there is another Rally within striking distance. One of my favorite rides is north to Oklahoma, east to Arkansas, south to Louisiana, and west back to Texas in time for dinner. I agree that handling is really quick or darty at highway speed but this is my first three wheeler so everything is new to me. I am getting some wheel hop on choppy roads probably because the stock pre-load settings are to hard for my skinny butt.. I need to visit my dealer and ask them to soften the suspension settings. I agree about the temperature, it will be much more pleasant later in the year.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to both the ryker world and this often amazing site. congrats on the new ryde though we will need a picture to go along with the story... As you mention the steering is easy and jumpy on the freeway check the tire pressure and may have to lower it a bit for those freeway rydes. Otherwise enjoy the miles of smiles and the rock star greeting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new Rally!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

&
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome and already the good info from Chupaca. I'll tinker with the rear settings first and see if I can tame it that way.
    After all, I'll need all the pressure in the tires for maximum miles per gallon potential. This idea was originally sold to my Wife because she has suggested that my truck uses too much gas on my daily commute. The 900 Rally is the one with the best MPG rating, right? Sure hope I got the right one...

garage bike.jpg

Just went out to check headlight alignment after install and had to rotate 180 degrees as brights fired directly into car windows and low beam lit up the night sky and roofs down the street.
    Once aligned, was very happy with the look and performance. Tslepebull, I've never ridden down that way. Used to fish Lake Hugo when I was a kid. I'm guessing that's the area you come
    through on your quad state jaunt.

Spyder Garage

Hey neighbor... welcome to the site. Take your time learning your Ryker. and maybe I'll see you around the state line sometime.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

I think you're going to get the best gas mileage in ECO Mode.

Spyder Garage

For the "jumpiness" at highway speeds, also check your alignment. My 600 would jump all around the lane when going over the ripples and tar-snakes. I lowered the tire pressure a couple of pounds per tire and it helped a little bit, but it still wandered. I found it would also pull to the right a bit. I had the dealer do an alignment, and it is now solid!

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats on the Ryker! One thing i have noticed from new Spyder/Ryker riders is that they tend to "hold on" a bit too hard in their early riding history and the tight grip on the bars allows their own bodies to move the bike around. i think you'll see that as you become more relaxed at speed some of the dartiness will mysteriously disappear. Ride on!

Spyder Garage

Congrats! I want a Ryker Rally! But just bought a 2018 RT in December...however, it is for the MRS. to ride. I still have my Harley Fatboy...but, since I enjoy riding the RT whenever I can get it away from her, I think I need MY OWN 3 wheeled ride....just need to start saving my pennies....