Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Renting a Motorcycle Trailer?

My brother wants to trailer his Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle to Texas later this winter, in order to visit and ride with his son. Since he has nowhere to store a trailer, he's looking to rent one. He says that he checked online and made calls to U-Haul and was told that they don't rent motorcycle (ie - small, open) trailers for one-way trips.

So, for those of you who trailer your spyders and/or motorcycles - Do you all own your trailers? Or is there someplace where they can be rented for one-way/drop-off trips?

Thanks!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I own my trailer - learned the same thing from u-haul. You have to return it where you rent it from I was told - PIA.
    I used the trailer once in 2017 and 2018 for the Spyder but it is useful for other things like getting materials for home improvement projects, hauling mower, etc.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Depends how long he needs it for. they're places that rent trailers do a search on line locally or put it in the back of his pickup truck if he has one.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    My brother wants to trailer his Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle to Texas later this winter, in order to visit and ride with his son. Since he has nowhere to store a trailer, he's looking to rent one. He says that he checked online and made calls to U-Haul and was told that they don't rent motorcycle (ie - small, open) trailers for one-way trips.

So, for those of you who trailer your spyders and/or motorcycles - Do you all own your trailers? Or is there someplace where they can be rented for one-way/drop-off trips?

Thanks!
    Renting a Uhaul motorcycle trailer is only about $15.00 a day. Rent it the whole time he'll be gone and return it where he got it from. Maybe the local Uhaul dealer near your nephew will allow him to store it on their property during his visit.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk