Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 600 review

Spyder Garage

Default There you go....

nice review on the 600 ryker and seemingly strong little devil. Gotta say as for looks no different so you will only be able to tell from the sound of the paralell twin to the inline triple and maybe the controls. But it is good to hear that it does have the spunk...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So the 600 doesn't have any modes like the 900 and the Rally?

Just a "Go" mode.

Spyder Garage

Yes this is a good question for me at this point. What does the 600 have? Always in a sport/eco mode? I was considering the 600, but that is a deal breaker. If it's in a locked eco mode I think I'll go crazy. Anyone have experience?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    Yes this is a good question for me at this point. What does the 600 have? Always in a sport/eco mode? I was considering the 600, but that is a deal breaker. If it's in a locked eco mode I think I'll go crazy. Anyone have experience?
    It only has one mode, which I believe is ECO. As a n00b ryder, I am fine with that. Maybe after I get more experience, I'll want to upgrade.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyuberalles View Post
    It only has one mode, which I believe is ECO. As a n00b ryder, I am fine with that. Maybe after I get more experience, I'll want to upgrade.
    Thanks for the info!

Spyder Garage

I am thinking that was BRP's idea.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I am thinking that was BRP's idea.
    Probably. The last bike I was on was 125 cc engine (35 years ago). The 600 has plenty of oompf! for me (for now, heh-heh).

Spyder Garage

I am still going back and forth on whether I want a 600 or a 900. From what I have seen and heard all of these months though, its almost as if the 900 is too much power for the rear tire to even handle. I would be going through new tires on a monthly basis.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Still deciding though....my feeling is that I would still want the 900 but keep it in ECO mode for my learning curve.

Spyder Garage

I haven't ridden a 600, but will give some thoughts (to be taken with a grain of salt) based on my experience so far on the 900.

A relatively level headed individual will not have any problems at all on a 900. Start out in eco mode, and go easy on the throttle for a while.

An individual who is looking to cruise around town solo and occasionally carry a passenger for short trips would likely be fine and quite happy with a 600..

Anyone with ambitions of more spirited riding, more highway riding, or who intends to carry a passenger a fair amount of time will likely want the 900.

Personally, if you fall into the latter category, it will likely be far cheaper to go right to the 900 up front then try to upgrade down the line, and I'd be surprised to hear anyone say its too much for them.

Its plenty tame when you show some restraint and / or use eco mode, and can be a beast in Sport with a heavy wrist.

There are plenty of people who I'm sure will be quite happy long term with the 600, but I wouldn't feel you "need" a 600 to learn on since the 900 is plenty beginner friendly.

Spyder Garage

I've been going back and forth for months. Either super affordable 600 or more spendy Ralley. To build up what I need (need passenger seat for my wheelchair and future babes),for 600 you have to add 2 up spring, plus labor, plus the max mount. All included in Ralley. So if I go Ralley cost less to setup the way I want.

If I go 600, what happens in two years when I have buyer's remorse cause there is a computer chip limiting my fun? I go to deal, bend over and take it on the trade and enter a new finance deal for a new bike. It's a 600 so trade will be the lowest possible so less value on trade.

And this is before you even start to add up all the additional accessories that come with the Ralley stock which definitely makes it a better value in the long run, at least to me, as an investment. Any feedback or details I'm missing? Any help appreciated! driving me nuts

Spyder Garage

You seem to be between the 600 and Rally, so split the difference and go with the 900 ACE!

I've been going back and forth for months. Either super affordable 600 or more spendy Ralley. To build up what I need (need passenger seat for my wheelchair and future babes),for 600 you have to add 2 up spring, plus labor, plus the max mount. All included in Ralley. So if I go Ralley cost less to setup the way I want.

If I go 600, what happens in two years when I have buyer's remorse cause there is a computer chip limiting my fun? I go to deal, bend over and take it on the trade and enter a new finance deal for a new bike. It's a 600 so trade will be the lowest possible so less value on trade.

And this is before you even start to add up all the additional accessories that come with the Ralley stock which definitely makes it a better value in the long run, at least to me, as an investment. Any feedback or details I'm missing? Any help appreciated! driving me nuts

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker2112 View Post
    You seem to be between the 600 and Rally, so split the difference and go with the 900 ACE!
    900 for 2 up: need to add 2 up spring, max mount, plus accessories then add accessories. 2 driving modes.

900 Ralley: hand guards, radiator guard, upgraded suspension, higher clearance, all driving modes, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting. No brainer, Ralley 900 dollars difference vs ACE 900.

ACE 900 was ruled out long ago.

Spyder Garage

So, just to play devil's advocate since I bounced back and forth a lot between the 2...

900 ACE - slightly lower center of gravity, more sport oriented tires stock, and personally much prefer the blacked out look. If I thought I'd spend any real time on "dirt" I'd probably have tipped toward the Rally.

Got the 900 ACE with 2-up spring, max mount, and seat for less than the Rally still but really $ wasn't the deciding factor regardless. I'd probably have gone this way even if the cost were identical, its just my preferred set-up. This is why they make multiple options.

900 for 2 up: need to add 2 up spring, max mount, plus accessories then add accessories. 2 driving modes.

900 Ralley: hand guards, radiator guard, upgraded suspension, higher clearance, all driving modes, and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting. No brainer, Ralley 900 dollars difference vs ACE 900.

ACE 900 was ruled out long ago.
    Ryker 900 ACE - 2-up spring, max mount, passenger seat, short seat rail, Shad bag

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker2112 View Post
    So, just to play devil's advocate since I bounced back and forth a lot between the 2...

900 ACE - slightly lower center of gravity, more sport oriented tires stock, and personally much prefer the blacked out look. If I thought I'd spend any real time on "dirt" I'd probably have tipped toward the Rally.

Got the 900 ACE with 2-up spring, max mount, and seat for less than the Rally still but really $ wasn't the deciding factor regardless. I'd probably have gone this way even if the cost were identical, its just my preferred set-up. This is why they make multiple options.
    Thank you for putting in your .02 cents. It is good to hear from others, and glad to hear I am not alone! I, like you, prefer the ACE wheels tires. I do not like the half fender on Ralley. I live in rural area, definitely going to see my share of gravel/dirt as an option. I suspect sooner or later I would need to add a solution to that half fender over rear tire. I do like the looks of the Ralley with the silver accents, it's grown over time, but the ACE600/900 bat mobile black is a pretty pretty option!

Spyder Garage

Get the Rally... you can get the full cover for the back wheel for your Rally as an option.

Later on you can get a full set of the wheels you like if you want to... or you can always re-paint the ones that comes with to a "blacked-out" look. Nothing to it...
    I wouldn't be surprised if eventually you will find someone out there that got the 600 or 900 and they don't like the look of their wheels and swap them...

Spyder Garage

Is the 2 up spring really needed for riding with a passenger?

Spyder Garage

Hard to say, i'm sure for two fairly light riders, occasional 2-up rides you could probably get away with the stock spring and cranking the pre-load.

I went with it myself since we plan to do a fairly good amount of 2-up riding this summer and I tend to like suspension on the stiffer side anyway by way of personal preference.

Dealer installed it free so I had it done before I picked it up so unfortunately can't offer any before / after insights.

Feels very comfortable to me with preload on 1 solo, 3 2-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Is the 2 up spring really needed for riding with a passenger?
    Ryker 900 ACE - 2-up spring, max mount, passenger seat, short seat rail, Shad bag

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    you can get the full cover for the back wheel for your Rally as an option.
    Is there a part # and/or instructions on how to install the full wheel cover?
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Probably. The last bike I was on was 125 cc engine (35 years ago). The 600 has plenty of oompf! for me (for now, heh-heh).
    I started out with an 80cc one lunger. I have owned all the way up to 2000cc (Vulcan 2000 LTD) and everything in between.

IMO...I think 900 is the better way to go. You will eventually go there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I believe the wheels on the Rally are built stronger to handle the off road but I could be wrong.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    I believe the wheels on the Rally are built stronger to handle the off road but I could be wrong.
    That's the marketing spin but I'm skeptical of that.

Spyder Garage

No, it's true.
    I accidentally hit some gravel with my 900 ACE. Front right wheel fell off, rear shock blew, and my warranty expired. Can't imagine what would have happened if I took it on a dirt / gravel road.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    That's the marketing spin but I'm skeptical of that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I started out with an 80cc one lunger. I have owned all the way up to 2000cc (Vulcan 2000 LTD) and everything in between.

IMO...I think 900 is the better way to go. You will eventually go there.
    Haven't ridden the 900 yet (none available) but have to agree with AK. Rode the 600 and I know I would be looking for more power especially in the hills after getting use to the 600. Out here the market for the 600 is squarely aimed at learners and is the only can-am model LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) approved. So if you are a beginner and want 3 wheels it is the only option. The accessories do add substantially to the cost of all of them unless the base model suits. No doubt there will be a lot more after market stuff as the months go by. Before I jump on 3 wheels I expect to be waiting until I have ridden the 900 Rally. My son (learner) followed on the 600 when I rode the F3L and he said he had it wide open several times. He rides a 250 Kawasaki normally. Having said all that it got up to speed entering the highway and performed well but that was solo. Add some extras and a pillion and/or luggage and I think I would find it wanting.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    Is there a part # and/or instructions on how to install the full wheel cover?
    You will have to go trough the dealer.
    As far as I know on their website once you select the Rally you will not have the option to switch the cover, but the dealer should be able to accommodate.
    Prices could vary from dealer to dealer.

I don't have an installation guide, but honestly is relatively easy to do - or ask the dealer to do it for you.
    If you order it and make a deal with them for the cover, the installation might be free anyway. Ask them before placing your Rally order .