Spyder Garage

Spyder RT windshield tinting

Anybody know of a good way to tint a stock RT windshield? I've searched and so far no joy.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bensallen View Post
    Anybody know of a good way to tint a stock RT windshield? I've searched and so far no joy.
    You can get the film they use for car/trk windows ….. I'm pretty sure you put it on with water ….. so it won't effect the plastic finish ……. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Automotive window tint is one option, but if you have never tinted before, you probably wont have much success. I have tinted the windows on many cars and even did it for a glass shop. Flat glass is easy. A curved RT windshield is a different story. It can be done, but requires experience and skill. Watch a youtube video and see how the pros do it. The second option would be a wrap. https://vvividshop.com/ has headlight wrap. It is much easier to work with, but I also recommend watching a youtube video to see how to do it. The is also a video on their website. You can wrap the front side on the windshield wet or dry and it will make it easier to clean your windshield. I cant verify that it will be optically clear, but might be if installed wet. I purchased the headlight wrap for my fog lights on my RT.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Default Depends...

could also check with Pete at wrapmyspyder, home page vendor, and see if he has something as I know his would be easier to remove than the other films out there in the event is gets sun damaged or does not work out. Check to see if they recommend it for plastic type windshields..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Given Joel's comments, were I in your boots I would contact F4 Customs, a SL sponsor, and inquire about their 15% tint windshield, https://f4customs.com/windshield-for...er-rt-rts.html. When I get dissatisfied with the number of scratches on my OEM windshield I'm going to replace it with a stock size F4.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S