Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Howdy all. Name is Ron (aka Valkrocket) currently living in Murrells Inlet, SC with my wife Carol. Originally from America’s hometown Plymouth, MA (You know, where those guys with the tall hats stepped off that tiny boat onto the “Rock”. Been riding 2 wheels since I was 16 (and that was a long time ago). Last 20 years was on a 1999 custom Valkyrie Tourer nicknamed “2Maidens”(see pic). Broke my heart when I had to sell her recently due to a total knee replacement in July of 2018. Could no longer take her on any trip longer than 15 minutes without my bionic knee stiffening up. Sold her in Dec. to a motorcycle collector in the Seattle area who promised to take good care of her. By the way, I’m an old acquaintance of Lamont who was quite the Valkyrie enthusiast at one time. Rode with him in Daytona also during his Boss Hoss Days. I’ve been lurking on this site for about 4 months and finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Spyder. So, on Jan. 15th a local dealer delivered my new gray 2018 RTL. First thing first, nicknamed her “Gracie”. You can probably figure out why😊. First addition was an oversized brake pedal so that I could get my bad leg on it a little easier. Next, I'm thinking either highway boards or a bump skid plate. Man the front end on these things are low. Looks like I could easily take a few speed bumps out with it. Have taken her on 2 short trips around the neighborhood, so far and I realize that riding a spyder is nothing like riding a bike. Whoa…… these things require a whole new learning curve. Very quick response to the slightest hand movements. Picked up some orange cones and gonna go through the exercises recommended in the owner’s manual at a local deserted mall parking lot. Looking forward to corresponding with you folks on the boards and hopefully some day meeting you in person. Picture of Gracie attached. Sorry for the long post, hope I didn't bore ya GO PATS!
    Hello and welcome. I had a '98 Valkyrie myself which I sold a few years ago when I bought my first HD Road king. They are great bikes and very quick for their size. I've also owned several Goldwings over the years and done a lot of traveling with the wife. The last was a GL1800 that I owned for 10 trouble free years. But at 69 years of age, I no longer felt confident on an 800+ pound bike with luggage and a passenger, especially at slow speeds in traffic. We now have several thousand miles on our Spyder RTL and I can say it's a great touring machine with all the comfort and luggage capacity of the GL. They do handle differently, but once you learn to relax and get over the tendency most new ryders have to over control them, they are very stable.
    I also have the "old guy" knee thing and the Spyder allows me to ryde 400+ mile days with no problem. Hope it works as well for you.

Dennis ]
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-20-2019 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Quote fixed

Spyder Garage

welcome aboard Valkrocket ! we are on our second spyder , not newer models , seems like we are going backwards ( a 2012 too the 2011 r-t-limited ) great fun ahead for you , lots of scenic roads along the waterways I bet ... ( I am a bit slower than most folks " First thing first, nicknamed her “Gracie”. You can probably figure out why�� " ---- I think I get it , what color cycle ? a grey , see ! BUT who is this pat guy and why does he go ? "GO PATS!" hahahhaha

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Murrells Inlet, a really nice place. Congrats on the RTL.

Spyder Garage

Welcome! Enjoy!!
    2020 RT Limited

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyder web, You will find plenty of great info. here and new friends,
    If I can help you out with anything, let me know 209-887-3283
    I know about the knee thing, I have 2 of them but I still ride 2 wheels and the Spyder
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Howdy all. Name is Ron (aka Valkrocket) currently living in Murrells Inlet, SC with my wife Carol. Originally from America’s hometown Plymouth, MA (You know, where those guys with the tall hats stepped off that tiny boat onto the “Rock”. Been riding 2 wheels since I was 16 (and that was a long time ago). Last 20 years was on a 1999 custom Valkyrie Tourer nicknamed “2Maidens”(see pic). Broke my heart when I had to sell her recently due to a total knee replacement in July of 2018. Could no longer take her on any trip longer than 15 minutes without my bionic knee stiffening up. Sold her in Dec. to a motorcycle collector in the Seattle area who promised to take good care of her. By the way, I’m an old acquaintance of Lamont who was quite the Valkyrie enthusiast at one time. Rode with him in Daytona also during his Boss Hoss Days. I’ve been lurking on this site for about 4 months and finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Spyder. So, on Jan. 15th a local dealer delivered my new gray 2018 RTL. First thing first, nicknamed her “Gracie”. You can probably figure out why😊. First addition was an oversized brake pedal so that I could get my bad leg on it a little easier. Next, I'm thinking either highway boards or a bump skid plate. Man the front end on these things are low. Looks like I could easily take a few speed bumps out with it. Have taken her on 2 short trips around the neighborhood, so far and I realize that riding a spyder is nothing like riding a bike. Whoa…… these things require a whole new learning curve. Very quick response to the slightest hand movements. Picked up some orange cones and gonna go through the exercises recommended in the owner’s manual at a local deserted mall parking lot. Looking forward to corresponding with you folks on the boards and hopefully some day meeting you in person. Picture of Gracie attached. Sorry for the long post, hope I didn't bore ya GO PATS!