Thread: Sena 10C Pro

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 10C Pro

On the Sena web site is states that the 10c Pro has a talk time of 17 hours but only a 2 hour video time. Does anyone know if after the 2 hours of video are done can you still use the headset for comm and music, or does it have to be recharged. It says it takes 120 mins to charge and if it becomes unusable after the 2 hours ... well.. I asked Sena but they did not provide an answer...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

My understanding of what they are saying is that if you ONLY use it as an intercom, then the batteries might stretch out & last as long as 17 hours; but if you are video-ing, with the consequent heavier power demands, then you shouldn't expect any more than about 2 hours of useful battery life... fini, kaput, stop, recharge, etc, etc....

And that also means that if you do a bit of video-ing, say 15 mins or so, then switch over to just using the intercom for the next 2 hours, then you will probably have less than maybe 1 hour of 'useful for video-ing' charge left and very likely less than another 15 or so hours of intercom/music too. Or at least that's my read on their battery time limits, but as with so many other things, because the exact mix of use you put it to might be a little different to how others use it, or even how the manufacturer expect it to be used, your exact milage (or battery charge life) may vary!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for you input. I had the same feeling which to me makes the unit not worth the price. I mostly use intercom, music features of my 20s EVO and it lasts all day riding with no problems. To have that possibly cut in half because of video would not be a favorable trade off for me as I would not want to stop to recharge the unit. I know you can have it plugged in while riding but that kind of defeats the purpose of a Bluetooth headset in my opinion. It is an interesting start for Sena and possibly in the future they may make one with separate specs for video and intercom.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    Give me a call, I can help with all the information on the new 10C Pro from SENA
    209-887-3283
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    On the Sena web site is states that the 10c Pro has a talk time of 17 hours but only a 2 hour video time. Does anyone know if after the 2 hours of video are done can you still use the headset for comm and music, or does it have to be recharged. It says it takes 120 mins to charge and if it becomes unusable after the 2 hours ... well.. I asked Sena but they did not provide an answer...

Spyder Garage

YOU DO NOT have to STOP to recharge
    Call me.
    Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Billy, That's why I went with two separate units, luckily. Been running the original 20s for several years. (Don't ever update them.) The 20s battery fully charged will last longer than you can ride, well, for most of us anyway. I purchased the new WI FI Prism Tube camera. It can be mounted anywhere it can be reached with a power cable because, like the 10c, it has a very short battery life. When I first got the prism it only had 30 minute run time. Talked to Sena Support and was told to do a reset. I did that and now it has a 2 hour run time. But still that's not a lot. For me a 2 hour ride is a short ride. So, I mounted the camera to the spyder dash and run 12v to it all the time.

Spyder Garage

Hi Guys
    Here is my take on this...
    I have used and sold tons of the SENA units With my 20S, SMH10, 10S headsets I can get 8 to 12 hours of use, with the 10C you should be able to record
    up to 3 1/2 hours of video if you do it in spirts of 30 min and talk or phone the rest of the time you can extend that a bunch....
    Here is what I do if I want to use my 10C or Prism tube for a long period of time, I have a 12 volt outlet on my dash of my Spyder I simply plug in the charger
    and plug in the 10C or whatever am using so it NEVER runs out of power, the cord is plenty long enough to go to my helmet mounted unit.
    You can talk all day video all day listen to XM or your radio all day for as long as you like.
    With all that being said just plug it in when riding for a long time..Rider Mag. has a full page feature on the new 10C in this months issue.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info... I just received a reply from Sena... Is this what you are saying as well? That basically means for those of us who travel a bunch the 20sEVO lasts all day without a charge. The 10C Pro would not and would need to be charged to use even the Comm and Music/phone features.

I really do appreciate your reply and the time you took on this question.

Hello Billy,

The unit will still have more or less two hours battery power after the two hours video time.
    Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Sincerely Yours,

Michael
    SENA Technologies