Spyder Garage

Default Rally in the rain

I wanted to get over with my 200 mile break in period on my Rally today. Problem was, it is raining so I figured screw it and went out anyway. Here are my observations:

Even in economy mode the rear end will walk out from a stop in the rain if you accelerate hard -- no surprise there. It will also walk out if you accelerate hard from 20-30 mph; that did surprise me, lesson learned -- I must behave.

The front fenders with the little tab on the inside do a great job of keeping road funk off the rider. Even in a hard rain my feet stayed dry; completely.

The stubby little rear fender with overhang from the Max Mount also do a great job of keeping funk off your back; the engineers really did a good job.

The teeny tiny wind screen also does an admirable job of keeping most of the rain off the face shield of your helmet. Yes, you get some mist but not the big honking drops that make your ears ring inside the helmet. I am six foot tall and had the screen in the full up position. I can't explain it, it works.

I have not added the plastic hand guard cover to the aluminum bark busters yet but probably will later. My gloves got wet but not dripping wet. Also pretty good.

Now let me clarify, this was not just a light misting rain; this was a full bore frog choker. I am very happy with YellaCat performance.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Sounds exactly like my experience! Hand guards are great.... I think you will like them plus they look cool!
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys for keeping us updated. Keep it coming.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear...

Nice review of the ryker in the rain and how it did. Nice to know that box stock it does well and keeps the ryder wet but clean... So with all that did you get the miles you are looking for...??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Nice review of the ryker in the rain and how it did. Nice to know that box stock it does well and keeps the ryder wet but clean... So with all that did you get the miles you are looking for...??
    Yes, I passed the mandatory "be good" 200 mile mark. I have a 200 mile trip on the first Saturday in February and the break in instructions said no steady speed running until after the break in
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow