Spyder Garage

Default Radiator block off plate

I have a 2011 Cam Am RT Limited SE5 and I was thinking about ordering the right radiator exhaust block off plate. Do you know if this would be bad for the cooling system? It gets so hot in Louisiana plus all that heat blowing on your leg.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello Debby hope you enjoy the forum! The block off plates are fine I have seen many of them here in PA and the people that have them like them. I'm sure you'll you will get more opinions soon. Nice Rt by the way!
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

If you open up the bottom of that radiator well like Fellow SL Member Robmorg did in his Rob's Mods and Farkles thread it runs fine, I followed his instructions and my 13 RTL never gets hot, even when we were riding in Florida in Late Jun. It's in his thread under Right Foot Heat GONE on my 2013 RTL section.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Debby View Post
    I have a 2011 Cam Am RT Limited SE5 and I was thinking about ordering the right radiator exhaust block off plate. Do you know if this would be bad for the cooling system? It gets so hot in Louisiana plus all that heat blowing on your leg.
    Here's what I did on my 2013 RT. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ght=heat+block

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

That is amazing!!!!! I haven't got a clue how to do that though, think I'll get the one on Amazon for $32 . Thank you responding to my question.