Spyder Garage

Default Fuel filter part numbers, save some money!

BRP # 709000100
    Walbro # 125-199
    Wix # 33095

The BRP part number at least for my Spyder is 709000100. It actually uses 2. One goes between the charcoal canister and the purge valve. I didn't replace that one. It should only see some gas vapors.
    BRP used this filter on many different models not just Spyders.
    When I took the old one out it was made by Walbro and part number 125-199.
    I searched for both of those and ended up buying one off of ebay for $15 including shipping.
    The one on cheap cycle parts was $17 plus shipping.
    The one on ebay said it was a Walbro but when I got it, it was a Wix.
    When I looked up the Wix number I found out you could get those for about $8 including shipping. You could probably find them cheaper if you looked around. They do look exactly like the original one.
    Also, I did buy a bunch of stainless fuel injector clamps to replace the crimped on clamps, which I hate by the way.
    Hopefully this info will be helpful for some, especially since they are deleting all the old messages.
    Keith

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kdp1308 View Post
    BRP # 709000100
    Walbro # 125-199
    Wix # 33095

The BRP part number at least for my Spyder is 709000100. It actually uses 2. One goes between the charcoal canister and the purge valve. I didn't replace that one. It should only see some gas vapors.
    BRP used this filter on many different models not just Spyders.
    When I took the old one out it was made by Walbro and part number 125-199.
    I searched for both of those and ended up buying one off of ebay for $15 including shipping.
    The one on cheap cycle parts was $17 plus shipping.
    The one on ebay said it was a Walbro but when I got it, it was a Wix.
    When I looked up the Wix number I found out you could get those for about $8 including shipping. You could probably find them cheaper if you looked around. They do look exactly like the original one.
    Also, I did buy a bunch of stainless fuel injector clamps to replace the crimped on clamps, which I hate by the way.
    Hopefully this info will be helpful for some, especially since they are deleting all the old messages.
    Keith

Keith,

Been exploring changing mine too, and for my 2014RTL I see BRP Pt. # 219800056. Is the # in your post for a different Spyder?
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Napa part # 3095. $7.00 works good same part as OME

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know

most auto parts have them just need to cross reference them. I got mine at O'Reilly's but don't recall the brand....Though I found the oem was clean after 6 years. Do use 91 and seafoam.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Ray, from Keith's avatar it looks like he's talking about a 2013 or older. The PN you gave is for the fuel filter assembly which includes the filter and two Oetiker clamps, while the filter alone is 709000100. Note the assembly is cheaper than the filter alone. There also is no fuel filter in the emission system plumbing on a 2014 RT.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

It is a 2013 RTS. I did find various fuel filter cross reference sites but BRP numbers don't work. If you want to use the Oetiker clamps you need a special tool. The filter I have is all aluminum and looks like most car filters only smaller. I think they use them on many small engines. It is an all aluminum case that is for 3/8 ID fuel line. The overall length is 3.5". The body is 2.0" long and 1.25 dia. I can post a picture if needed.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    Keith,

Been exploring changing mine too, and for my 2014RTL I see BRP Pt. # 219800056. Is the # in your post for a different Spyder?
    Ray,

Yours will use the Wix 33095, or the Napa 3095 (same filter as both are made by Wix). I used the same filter on our 2014 RT.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Ray, from Keith's avatar it looks like he's talking about a 2013 or older. The PN you gave is for the fuel filter assembly which includes the filter and two Oetiker clamps, while the filter alone is 709000100. Note the assembly is cheaper than the filter alone. There also is no fuel filter in the emission system plumbing on a 2014 RT.

Jaybros - Thanks for the reply. Just FYI...the fuel system diagram and subsequent part number description in my 2014 shop manual shows part #27 - with the number I show. Of course I realize that this is probably the only error ever noted in documentation for Spyders (LOL)

I STAND CORRECTED !!!!! :-(( Just looked at the diagram again and it does show BOTH numbers with the one showing "AssY" - which I didn't take to mean "with clamps". Sorry.
    Last edited by teninospyder; 01-19-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: correction to discription
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.