Spyder Garage

Default Gerbing Battery Connection

For those that have Gerbing (or other heated clothing), does the standard battery connection cable reach from the battery in the frunk to under the front of the seat? Or is there another way that you have to plug in?
    Laura Moon
    French kissing life square in the mouth....
    LDYBLU - 2018 RTLE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ran mine to the controller then added knobs to adjust the heat. It all under the tupper ware except the knobs to control the heat

Spyder Garage

The std 3ft leads are not long enough. You can either extend them yourself or Gerbing and First Gear make 5ft leads that do reach.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The wiring harness that is included with Gerbing does reach from battery to dash I have had two of them installed on RT and RTL I routed them to come up through space around steering post. Velcro for keeping it where I want it.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Routing

it's all in the routing and where you want to hook up from. I have a splitter as I have one for the driver and one for the passenger. Wife likes steam coming out the collar and I just need to keep things at body temp. I also use a dual control as I need more heat to the hands than I do to the body on an RS. Wife just a single as she can hide the hands from the wind....longer cables are available and it is the same connector as many battery tenders...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I installed a 6 fuse powerbock in the frunk above the battery to add power outlets. Link: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ribution-block I popped the cover off the hole where the wired intercom outlet was on past models by the back of the passenger grips. There I installed a coax outlet from Warm & Safe:

Spyder coax 1.jpgSpyder coax 2.jpg

I plan to add a line for the pilot that connects under the seat, but for now I use a Gerbings cigarette plug style connector to plug in the coax cable to my jacket liner controller. I have a 12 volt lighter style outlet on the Lamonster Spyder Cuff.
    Spyder cuff.jpg

On the Gerbing jacket liners, the rating is up to 90 watts at the high setting at 12 volts, which comes out to 7.5 amps. I also have heated gloves, 27watts, 2.2amps. My wife has the jacket liner (same as mine) and pants liner, 77 watts and 6.4amps. I have seperate circuits with 16awg wire for the front and rear to avoid overloading the circuits.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

I did this and ran from the alternator.IMG_20181014_193615_01[1].jpg

Much closer and is direct off + BATT connection.

She's happy I'm happy
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Routed the same on the wifes 16 F3T from the alternator and a nearby ground screw under the alternator. The length was fine up thru the steering gap and anchored near the dash/tank area.

Just remember to take the negative battery post off to isolate the bike from any sparking while you complete your install!!
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss