Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banner

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Any word if Mark and Gary are going to make it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John was going to get in touch with them. Have not heard back from him and I think he is going to Michigan today.
    Hope they can
    Dick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superfly3 View Post
    I would like to go but it being a weekday and having to work at 2pm that doesn't give me much time to ride back after lunch,I will try catch up with the banner some other time.
    Superfly,
    Sorry you couldn't make it. Trying to put something together for everybody's convenience is tough. Hope to see you soon.
    Dick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default We're set

Since no one expressed a food preference I scouted a couple of places and decided on Squealers BBQ. Plenty of parking and close to I465. The address is 5515 W. 86th st., Indy. It is about 3 blocks east of 465 at the 86th st. exit(#23). It will be on the right (south) side of the street. Opens at 11. I didn't make reservations since I don't know exactly who is coming. Looks like 5 of us for sure. Possibly 2 more. I don't think that will be a problem.

See ya therewelcome
    Dick

Spyder Garage

See you all in the morning. Dick, see you at Marsh. I'll try to arrive around 10:45.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    See you all in the morning. Dick, see you at Marsh. I'll try to arrive around 10:45.
    I'll be there

Spyder Garage

Mark and Gary will be working, I'll be there and make sure the banner gets to them then back to Dick.

john

Spyder Garage

Take lots of pictures guys and update the map for Lamont on the banner page and the home page.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Oh yea, pictures. I just finished cleaning up the Spyder, loading up some extras, adding addresses to GPS, and cleaning helmet (was covered in bugs), and I forgot to load up a camera. Will get it loaded in a few.

Spyder Garage

I will be there.

John

Spyder Garage

Keeping a close eye on the weather.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keeping a close eye on the weather.
    Doesn't look good right now. Watching weatherbuy myself. May pass north.

Spyder Garage

Yea, It doesn't look good. I'm hoping it will go through the area and clear up to the west. The cell to the west looks bad, there was a tornado warning coming out of Illinois associated with this one. 40,000 lightning hits in 30 minutes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just heard from Jima1153. 80 mph winds in his area. From the map on weatherbug, looks like it's going to come right over Indy. Just a matter of how long from now. Let's play it by ear for now, but I'd say we will definitely be postponing until early afternoon. Maybe later or not at all. Dick

Spyder Garage

I was wondering about jima1153. I'll keep checking back on here and like you said, play it by ear. I'm free all day.

Spyder Garage

I think the cell that is between Springfield and Champaign will go south of Indianapolis. To the north( where I am ) it just looks like heavy rain (for right now). I'll keep a close eye on it. After this line makes it's way through the area I think we may have a window .... maybe.

8:26am - It's raining and I hear thunder in the distance. Nothing severe. I just pulled the rain gear out.
    Last edited by 8LEGS; 06-18-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: update

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jim in Illinois just pm'd me and is going to stay home today. Don't blame him. He will try to meet Deb and crew in Effingham on Monday.
    Looks like the weather is going to blow through here and go south of us. Let's still hold until late morning and see. Earliest to meet, if we do it, will be 1:00. Everybody getting this.
    Dick

Spyder Garage

Sounds good. Hoping this blows through.

Spyder Garage

I have faith it is going to blow through and you will have your meet. I hope Jim can meet us in Effingham. Please keep us posted.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

I think the cell that is between Springfield and Champaign will go south of Indianapolis. To the north( where I am ) it just looks like heavy rain (for right now). I'll keep a close eye on it. After this line makes it's way through the area I think we may have a window .... maybe.

8:26am - It's raining and I hear thunder in the distance. Nothing severe. I just pulled the rain gear out.
    Now just rain and a little thunder. It sure did put down a lot of rain. I have standing water in the yard. How are things looking in the Indy area?

I'm going to drive (the jeep) to Peru to the gas station and get something to drink, tired of water & need a mt. dew. I'll check this thread when I return to see what the plan is. I'll check the roadways while I'm out, we had some wind so might be small limbs down.

If the sun comes out today we are going to be in trouble weather wise.

If for some reason this gets called off, maybe sometime before Monday we can get together. I know Sunday is Fathers Day and most people have something to do, but we could just do something quick. NO RAIN in forcast for Sunday. I am working, but can get out of there earliest at 3.

ok, I'm off for a Mt.Dew run. I'll check this when I get back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I have faith it is going to blow through and you will have your meet. I hope Jim can meet us in Effingham. Please keep us posted.
    I was just talking to John(retread) a few minutes ago. His computer is down and he has a leak in his roof so not a good day for him. He is waiting to hear back from me about the meet.
    Deb, we were just talking about the weather and how it's supposed to be like this again tomorrow and we hoped everything is cleared up for your trip Monday.
    Thunder, lightning and light rain right now. But it's going to pass.
    Dick

Spyder Garage

dark, rain, thunder/lightning, Greenwood In 09:53

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder1 View Post
    dark, rain, thunder/lightning, Greenwood In 09:53
    John,
    Good to hear from you. I just pm'd you. Weren't sure you had been following all this. Let's see what happens in next couple of hours. 8 legs can probably get here in a little over and hour. As I said. 1:00 or so will be the earliest.
    Dick

Spyder Garage

IF we make it, Squealers is excellent pick. We have one in Mooresville...one of my favorites!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    John,
    Good to hear from you. I just pm'd you. Weren't sure you had been following all this. Let's see what happens in next couple of hours. 8 legs can probably get here in a little over and hour. As I said. 1:00 or so will be the earliest.
    Dick
    I can make it in about an hour & 1/2 as I live northwest of Peru, I just have a Logansport address.

It has cleared up here a little. The tail end of the storm was packing some winds. We have a few small limbs down and standing water, blew the cover off my pool and moved my patio chairs, nothing serious. Light rain here and clearing up! Spyder is ready to go, rain gear on bags, rain gear for me is ready, just going to hold out a little while and let the standing water in the roads run off.

Sorry to hear about John's water troubles. Every time we get any serious rain I cringe. Had the water trouble in January and just finished remodeling the downstairs. I don't want to do that again.

Keep us updated.