Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Jared. Flamewinger, while you were at the dealer were you able to confirm that they have the 20.3 in the system, and that it will go into a 2018 RT? I have to get mine updated to at least 13.2, and trying to figure out what to ask for. Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Thanks Jared. Flamewinger, while you were at the dealer were you able to confirm that they have the 20.3 in the system, and that it will go into a 2018 RT? I have to get mine updated to at least 13.2, and trying to figure out what to ask for. Thanks
    I just scheduled a service for next Saturday and asked if they know about the new update and yes they know about it. I was going to get the update but since they're two hours away I figured I get an early 9k service as well. They do normally charge $65 but some dealers,, like mine will do it for nothing if you are a regular visitor.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, thanks for the info. I am going to stop by my dealer and try to schedule an update. Hoping they do not charge, since my bike is 3 weeks old and running a version 10.X............think the first update should be on them!

Let us know what you find next Saturday when you get the update. I know my BRP Connect is way out of date, but it is beyond useless right now.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, thanks for the info. I am going to stop by my dealer and try to schedule an update. Hoping they do not charge, since my bike is 3 weeks old and running a version 10.X............think the first update should be on them!

Let us know what you find next Saturday when you get the update. I know my BRP Connect is way out of date, but it is beyond useless right now.
    I seriously doubt they will charge you, I wasn’t charged for 13.20 update. I believe as long as you’re still under warranty, they will take care of it for you for free. I still haven’t heard back from BRP, lol, I’m glad Flame was able to confirm. Thank you. Can’t wait to hear what it does, maybe FM through Bluetooth.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Hi Jarred, Got a kick out of your New York reference being born and raised in Manhattan / Astoria Queens. Thanks for pursuing this issue.
    Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I will make some assumptions here because I have no inside info. Since there is a warranty bulletin issued that BRP will pay for a dash firmware upgrade to 13.20. That was the firmware level when the bulletin was issued. Since it does not make any difference to the tech what level of upgraded firmware is installed. BRP should pay the warranty claim for any upgrade from below 13.20 to 13.20 or above.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m at a high end dealer and they are not able to do the update. They don’t have it. They are trying all references online to find it but can’t. When they plugged it in there was no notification of an update. I had to show the tech this post and they going to create a case to figure it out. :-(
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback. Not what I wanted to hear, but....... I'm hoping someone with a 2019 will post their SW version, would like to understand if they are delivering with a new version that is potentially not backward compatible. Can't believe they advertise as bluetooth compatible, and it is really NOT. Not thrilled with Androids lack of apps either.

Thanks again
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just curious if this update post was real? Got very frustrated when I had an early service done with the belief that I’ll also get the update only to find they don’t have it. Hoping for word from dealer later this week but would like more info here.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Just curious if this update post was real? Got very frustrated when I had an early service done with the belief that I’ll also get the update only to find they don’t have it. Hoping for word from dealer later this week but would like more info here.
    Someone that just picked up a 2019 F3 confirmed that theirs had 13.2....so new SW may have been delayed. Hints though that 18s and 19s run the same software though, so still hopeful on Bluetooth.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bumping and curious if anyone has gotten the update yet? I have yet to hear back from my Platinum dealer that they have it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

thanks a lot for your efforts Jared. It is hard for me to understand that BRP would put out such an inferior product without complete R & D prior?????? Looking forward to hear what you learn from them.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I talked to my dealer a few weeks ago and he assured me he has the latest software update for my 2018 RTL??? don't understand why so many dealers apparently do not have the latest update..
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What dealer? We can get our dealer to get with your dealer and get it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I took my new in Nov 2018 RTL to the dealer and he looked my sn up on his computer and it doesn't show that any updates are needed??

Spyder Garage

I just had mine done a little over a week ago, and at that time 13.2 was the latest version. I expressly asked that they look for version 20.3, and while he saw reference to it (not sure what that means), he did not have access to download. The fact that 2019s are being delivered with 13.2 makes me believe that they are not quite ready to release on 20.3. Maybe a last minute bug. It would be really nice to know if they added true bluetooth capability....that is the main thing I am looking for. Right now, the whole BRP Connect is next to useless to me without it.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just had mine done a little over a week ago, and at that time 13.2 was the latest version. I expressly asked that they look for version 20.3, and while he saw reference to it (not sure what that means), he did not have access to download. The fact that 2019s are being delivered with 13.2 makes me believe that they are not quite ready to release on 20.3. Maybe a last minute bug. It would be really nice to know if they added true bluetooth capability....that is the main thing I am looking for. Right now, the whole BRP Connect is next to useless to me without it.
    True bluetooth capability? Not sure I understand as the bike comes with bluetooth and it works great. It would be nice to get FM in the headset which is what I believe the new update will do but other than that I'm not sure what else we can get. Maybe get it to work better with Android phones?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Good afternoon everyone. Unfortunately BRP hasn’t called me back yet. They told me someone from Tech Dpt would contact me “shortly”. I’m from NY so “shortly” means a few minutes to me. I’m learning that BRP has a different definition of “shortly”. I really hope they call me soon, as soon as they do I will post.
    I’m sorry, I really thought they’d call me by now.
    Jarred.
    Will this update be available for older RTs? BRP reminds me of when we lived in Mexico. Shortly is similar to Manana...doesn't necessarily mean tomorrow or morning, it just means "Not now, Gringo."
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

By "true bluetooth", I am referring to Aux in and FM to a headset......similar to what Honda, BMW, and others have been doing for years. As is, it is not really clear why to bluetooth through the bike......I can tie my phone direct to the headset and get same functionality. Only nuance could be the "BRPConnect" functions, which are very limited for Android as you cite.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    True bluetooth capability? Not sure I understand as the bike comes with bluetooth and it works great. It would be nice to get FM in the headset which is what I believe the new update will do but other than that I'm not sure what else we can get. Maybe get it to work better with Android phones?
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By "true bluetooth", I am referring to Aux in and FM to a headset......similar to what Honda, BMW, and others have been doing for years. As is, it is not really clear why to bluetooth through the bike......I can tie my phone direct to the headset and get same functionality. Only nuance could be the "BRPConnect" functions, which are very limited for Android as you cite.
    It is believed that the new 20.3 software update will enable us to get FM (and maybe Aux) into the BT headsets. Not sure what other features the update has.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

13.2 done at dealer this morning. It was the latest version. no charge

Spyder Garage

Someone posted a Link to a Sean Smoak video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrI4J9NEufo) where at about 2:15 he mentions a Service bulletin for 2019s that "some may have been delivered with 2018 software". I know when I had mine updated, I was told they put 20.3 on my 18, but when I checked it is version 13.2. I wrote off the comment, as I'd asked him to look for 20.3. He mentioned the first flash failed, and he had to try a few times......

The potential good news is that 2019s will run version 13.2.....at least I hope the reason for the bulletin was not issue related. I am a little concerned though that Can Am references "2018" and "2019" software, I would have expected them to say "without the newest version...." if they were moving to a singular baseline. Time will tell....

Hopefully someone with the 2019 already in hand can get flashed to the new version, and see if it allows FM over Bluetooth. Right now, I consider my BRPConnect as basically worthless, and listen to Sena FM in its place....unacceptable for the price of the bike.

Thanks to cuznjohn for the original find of the video, juts hoping that someone with a 19 on this thread may jump in with an update if they get flashed.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Has anyone heard anything more about the upgrade version 20.3?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

20.8 is now available!!!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Any details?

2018 F3 LIMITED