Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 20.3 new software update

Good afternoon everyone.
    I just got off the phone w BRP, wanted to share the news.
    There’s a new software update for BRP Connect, Version 20.3. It’s available at dealers now. Someone from BRP is supposed to contact me shortly to describe what’s in in the update and answer any of my questions. So if anyone has any questions they’d like me to ask pls respond to this thread. As of now I plan on asking the following:

FM available through Bluetooth/BRP Connect.
    Google Maps added.
    Speaker Volume.
    Being able to use more than 2 BRP Connect Apps at same time.
    Increase font (so it’s easier to read road names etc)

If you have any other questions/concerns pls post.
    Thank you.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know

thanks for the leg work. All those with the instrument panel in question will be happy to hear...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Will you be able to use other bluetooth music devices other than phones. Like ipod or Walkman with bluetooth. Jerry.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Will you be able to use other bluetooth music devices other than phones. Like ipod or Walkman with bluetooth. Jerry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    When I spoke w BRP, I discussed how many owners are upset about no FM/XM (some upset about no AM at all), speaker volume & lack of being able to use/control other music apps such as Pandora/YouTube etc. from BRP Connect.
    Jerry-I just wrote down your question regarding compatibility w other devices, great question. I’ll post as soon as I know.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks a lot, and I will be checking in with y dealer to get this update as soon as I can. Would love to see SiriusXM than I can go back to pairing headset to bike and not to a second phone. Keep up the good work. Now if we could only get a CB . . . . ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is that update for our smartphones or on the Spyder?

OK, just saw your other post indicating that it is in fact a new version replacing 13.20.

Thanks for the info, something to look forward to in the spring, too cold here right now to ride to the dealer.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Thanks a lot, and I will be checking in with y dealer to get this update as soon as I can. Would love to see SiriusXM than I can go back to pairing headset to bike and not to a second phone. Keep up the good work. Now if we could only get a CB . . . . ;-)
    Good morning Flame. We did discuss CB and how important it is to be able to talk w passenger. He also discussed Sena/Bluetooth to be able to talk w other people we are riding with, but CB was brought up as it’s own topic. I hope the Tech person calls me soon, luckily I don’t have a busy work day and I’m looking forward to speaking w them. He told me 2 other people will be following up w me, I know one is Tech Dept, very curious what department the other person works for. I’ll post as soon as I’m done talking w someone. Hopefully I’ll be able to share some good news/potential updates.
    Jarred.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info Jarred. Will be getting the update as soon as weather permits.
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne

Spyder Garage

Anxiously awaiting info on working Bluetooth, including FM and accessory. Want to make sure I understand, the dealers have it now? I just bought an RT, and it came with version 10.X so need to do an upgrade anyway. Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Anxiously awaiting info on working Bluetooth, including FM and accessory. Want to make sure I understand, the dealers have it now? I just bought an RT, and it came with version 10.X so need to do an upgrade anyway. Thanks
    Yes, I was at my dealer in October 2018 and they updated my software to the new 13.20 version. But when BRP called me yesterday I told him the 13.20 update was a nice improvement, and he told me they just came out w a newer update, version 20.3. He said it’s available at dealers now. I’m expecting 2 more calls from BRP, when they call I’ll confirm that 20.3 is live and it will update the BRP Connect Software (vs a general computer upgrade). I also have a list of questions I’m gonna ask, having FM available via Bluetooth is one of them, so as soon as I speak w them I’ll report back to everyone. I asked that they call me after 4:00EST, so I’m hoping they call soon. I will confirm latest software version, ask my questions along w the other questions SL members asked above. If anyone else has any questions feel free to post to this thread and I’ll ask. I use SL on my iPad or PC, so when they call I’ll log into SL to see if we have any additional questions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post

And congratulations on your new RT! your software version is outdated. So do yourself a favor, don’t worry about the MPG screen reading 70MPG, and don’t worry about speaker volume. The new update will fix that. In the meantime, check your BRP apps on your phone, I know Genius Maps came out w a good update and you have to set up all those apps on your phone before you connect it to USB in front trunk to use BRP Connect. Also, I’m not 100% sure about this but after testing both apps, I feel Genius Maps are best for iPhone users and Sygic Maps is best for Android. So save your money and only buy the maps that are best for your phone. lol.
    Best of luck, I absolutely love my RT!

Spyder Garage

Hi Jarred,
    Can we confirm with Can Am that this version 20.3 update is live (and administered through BUDS) at this time? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    And congratulations on your new RT! your software version is outdated. So do yourself a favor, don’t worry about the MPG screen reading 70MPG, and don’t worry about speaker volume. The new update will fix that. In the meantime, check your BRP apps on your phone, I know Genius Maps came out w a good update and you have to set up all those apps on your phone before you connect it to USB in front trunk to use BRP Connect. Also, I’m not 100% sure about this but after testing both apps, I feel Genius Maps are best for iPhone users and Sygic Maps is best for Android. So save your money and only buy the maps that are best for your phone. lol.
    Best of luck, I absolutely love my RT!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Jarred. I'll be watching out for news on this. I got a new Uclear headset and tried pairing it to a Sena 30k and it works but no music just intercom talk and had to separate them due to nasty feedback. I'll be calling Uclear if they don't respond my email soon. What with all the complicated features these BT headsets have, what they can't have simple pairing for bike to bike communication.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just talked to the dealer and he says that my bike isn’t ready for a new software update, but I will be taking it in and they’ll plug it in to see if my bike “will take” the update. I’m not sure I understand. Why wouldn’t it or any 2018/19 RTL or F3L be able to get the update?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I just talked to the dealer and he says that my bike isn’t ready for a new software update, but I will be taking it in and they’ll plug it in to see if my bike “will take” the update. I’m not sure I understand. Why wouldn’t it or any 2018/19 RTL or F3L be able to get the update?
    So does that mean they have the 20.X in hand then? Please keep us apprised, hoping there is no hardware difference....should not be
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your post, bought a new 2018RTL last October and it came with 10.0 also. My question is do dealers always or usually charge for doing these updates to the BRP Connect?
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks Jarred for your post, bought a new 2018RTL last October and it came with 10.0 also. My question is do dealers always or usually charge for doing these updates to the BRP Connect?
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I contacted BRP with a simple question. What is the latest firmware for the dash on a 2018 Spyder RTL? Answer... Check with your dealer... they will need your units serial number to see if there is an update for your Spyder.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Should be no charge .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    Should be no charge .
    I’m at a dealer in California and they want $65 I told them I’ll take it to another dealer that will do it with no charge as I’ve been there before. Currently waiting for approval at this dealer to see if they’ll get me coming back or not.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

so this new update added google maps to BRP connect?

that would be awesome

thanks

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Good afternoon everyone.
    I just got off the phone w BRP, wanted to share the news.
    There’s a new software update for BRP Connect, Version 20.3. It’s available at dealers now. Someone from BRP is supposed to contact me shortly to describe what’s in in the update and answer any of my questions. So if anyone has any questions they’d like me to ask pls respond to this thread. As of now I plan on asking the following:

FM available through Bluetooth/BRP Connect.
    Google Maps added.
    Speaker Volume.
    Being able to use more than 2 BRP Connect Apps at same time.
    Increase font (so it’s easier to read road names etc)

If you have any other questions/concerns pls post.
    Thank you.
    Jarred.
    Hello Jarred
    Its been a week since your first post about a new firmware update for our 2018 spyders.
    Do you have any good news as to if the update is available, and what firmware number it is, and what models are covered, and does it work.
    JD

Spyder Garage

Good afternoon everyone. Unfortunately BRP hasn’t called me back yet. They told me someone from Tech Dpt would contact me “shortly”. I’m from NY so “shortly” means a few minutes to me. I’m learning that BRP has a different definition of “shortly”. I really hope they call me soon, as soon as they do I will post.
    I’m sorry, I really thought they’d call me by now.
    Jarred.