Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Ok Iron butt time! This is after loosing the cell phone. 650 miles into a 1000 mile, 19.25 hour ryde, we stop to get gas. Feeling pretty good, but the stop was much needed. Gassed up, pulled to the side for a 1/2 sandwich and water (5 hour energy) and off we go! 150 miles later we are at the next gas stop. Get to the pump, and no wallet! You guessed it Black Wallet on a black seat. Kicked it off as I got on, left it at the gas station. Well it’s an Iron Butt, can’t go backwards so used my wife’s credit card the rest of the way! Good news after getting home after midnight, I called the gas station the next day, and they had they had the wallet! Mailed it back to me, and I sent the young man a $100.00 reward!
    Wow did this story bring back memories.

First time I lost my wallet (happened 3 times) I was on my Harley. I try to always remove my wallet from my back pocket and put in in my jacket pocket. Since I normally wear riding pants over my jeans I will remove my wallet and place it on the back seat, and then after gearing up put the wallet in the jacket pocket. This time as I was gearing up someone stopped to talk to me, and I forgot the wallet.
    I took off and about 6 miles down the road remembered my wallet - of course it was no longer on the back seat. Drove back to the dealership as slow as I could watching the other side of the road as best I could. When I got to the dealership I ask if anyone turned in my wallet, but no one had. Since I was low on fuel the owner loaned me $10 to get home.
    I drove back the same way keeping an eye out, but no luck.
    Stopped at a gas station and put in the $10. as I was walking back to the bike I noticed my wallet resting on my left rear turnsignal arm.

I could not believe that it stayed there over 20 miles and across RR tracks (3 times).

BTW that is the same wallet I lost 3 times, but got it back all 3 times. Its a little ruff from payment sliding, and even though I have a new wallet - this is the one I use when ridding.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I can relate. I forgot to close gas cap on snowmobile and was going to show off for friends and went off this big jump, I was completely dissed in gas.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    On a ride with my wife who was riding her Goldwing and another Spyder rider. We stopped for fuel. I had to back up to get out of the gas station which I did. Then I could not get the bike into gear. Just sat there trying "everything" while the other two bikes waited. Finally, the other Spyder rider asked if I was applying the brake when going from reverse to forward...... Problem solved
    I did the same thing - thought the new Spyder had problem with transmission. After a couple of minutes, realized that I had not put my foot on the brake. Problem solved - driver error!
    2018 RT Ltd , Asphalt Grey - Dark

Spyder Garage

Been there, done that... in the fast lane on I-95! Scared the crap outta me!

Spyder Garage

Default Blooper #4

Blooper #4 is do not always believe Google Maps as it give you directions. As I was leaving Tombstone, I made sure that I had the correct address in the Google Maps for the Spyder friends that I was to meet. I headed down Hwy 80 and shortly I hear the message "turn right here". It looked like a farm/ranch road and I knew that my friends lived off the grid a bit so I turned onto the road. Soon the road got a bit rough and too narrow to turn around since I was pulling a trailer. I continued on hoping for a wide spot to turn around. Soon I came upon an opening but to my amazement I saw a 2 lane dirt road off to my left and straight ahead was a group of houses. I headed for the houses and saw a Spyder parked there so I knew I was at the right place.

If I would have continued on Hwy 80 for about 1.5 miles I would have been at the 2 lane dirt road instead of being a path that was almost a cow path.

I try to live and learn and to enjoy life along the way.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Yes! They tell me google will put you on some "interesting" roads here in AK. Logging roads seem to be the jackpot. I wouldn't go there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Yes! They tell me google will put you on some "interesting" roads here in AK. Logging roads seem to be the jackpot. I wouldn't go there.
    My Garmin does the same thing in Canada.
    I have the "avoid" unpaved roads checked, and yet it tried to rout me out of the way just to instruct me to go down a gravel road, and some of those looked like logging roads, or as we call them here, seasonal roads to drive at your own risk.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dean, been there . . done that, too! I love having GPS on my Spyder and in my truck. But I always study a real map before the trip so I have an idea of where I'm going.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

My RT wouldn't spin a wheel if I were dyeing. LOL

Spyder Garage

While on the Cabot Trail ,my gps tried to send me out in the ocean .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Something similar to that happened to me a few years ago. I was on a major highway, on my Goldwing pulling a small cargo trailer and my wife on board. It was late afternoon but still enough daylight. I had my CB radio on channel 19, the preferred trucker channel. Looking in my rearview mirror, I noticed a semi, still pretty far but looked like he was gaining on me. I always ride slightly below the speed limit. Then I noticed another truck attempting to pass the first one. Still monitoring the situation. At one point, they were both side by side, as if the first truck was accelerating. Both still gaining on me. Then the CB crackled and I heard, I assumed the second truck, saying" Hey man, slow down. There's a biker ahead". The reply came in, that froze my blood. " I don't care, I'll run over him". I panicked and picked up speed. My wife was screaming in panic. I was going too fast to try to slow down and pull over. After a short while, the second truck slowed down and back on the right lane. The first truck passed me. I noticed a California plate on the trailer. Was he just kidding? From that day on, when I see a truck behind me, I try to steer clear. Of course, this never happened again, but let you wonder how many of these crazy drivers are out there....
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Ooops!!! I think I posted in the wrong thread. Oh well...
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    Ooops!!! I think I posted in the wrong thread. Oh well...

Tell me or one of the other Mods which thread you thought you were posting it into & we can (maybe?!) move it for you?! But I'm not gonna try guessing which thread
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!