Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin Ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Austin Ryde

If you ever get a chance to ride in Austin, it is really fun to do it early Sunday morning. Everyone is off the roads, and it is quiet. Lot's of landmarks to see.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

I'll try again! Spyder Austin Capitol by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Haven’t been to Texas since my teens, it does look nice.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

'93 was the last time I was in the area.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Default It is lovely....

I lived there twice outside of Houston but did a lot of two wheeling (there were no spyders back then) and it is the best time to tour around. Austin is really nice and San Antonio is great ryde as well but the country roads were the most fun with the little country stores now and again and great people you meet along the way. Thanks for the pic's...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I've been there annually for the last three years and enjoyed each visit. The Bullock Texas State History Museum is absolutely great. While there is lots to see and great places to eat the city suffers from the same problem a lot of state capitals do, a lot of poorly maintained roads.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Slightly off topic:

This thread was reported as being in the wrong category and the moderators were requested to move it to the right one. It was suggested that this be moved to the ride events.

I have noted the complaint, but we have decided that this particular thread is exactly where it belongs.

It is obvious to most that this is a suggestion for a ride, NOT a group event, and NOT a guided ride. The placement of the thread is right on.

A member on here likes to bombard the moderators with these type of posts all the time. That is why you will see this "one time" explanation of what we do...and what we have to put up with sometimes.

Thank you all for your indulgence.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yet another reason to explore while traveling to Spyders in the Hills
    IMG_7018.jpg hay Tehrlich been to Stonehenge II in Ingram?
    Last edited by Bfromla; 01-13-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Pic

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

LOLOLOLOL.....

Can you just make a category for Texas?? We are really a country on our own anyway, and much deserving to be back to one.

Wait.... with that statement, you better move it to the OFF TOPIC section because of a slightly political tone to my comment.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Slightly off topic:

This thread was reported as being in the wrong category and the moderators were requested to move it to the right one. It was suggested that this be moved to the ride events.

I have noted the complaint, but we have decided that this particular thread is exactly where it belongs.

It is obvious to most that this is a suggestion for a ride, NOT a group event, and NOT a guided ride. The placement of the thread is right on.

A member on here likes to bombard the moderators with these type of posts all the time. That is why you will see this "one time" explanation of what we do...and what we have to put up with sometimes.

Thank you all for your indulgence.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Yet another reason to explore while traveling to Spyders in the Hills
    IMG_7018.jpg hay Tehrlich been to Stonehenge II in Ingram?
    Yes! Been there!

Didn't know anything about it and happened to ride past it. Made a U-Turn because it floored me! What a GREAT and equally unusual monument at the same time!!

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

I am NOT promoting any organized ride! Just promoting the General Discussion of why riding in Central Texas is so fun! It is ALSO year round!
    Austin 360 Bridge Ryde with Spyder by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

This was in my driveway. I was needing to experiment with a new remote flash system. I got an AMAZING deal for very high end Bowens flash system. Unfortunately that awesome camera company went out of business after many generations of activity.

Central Texas Sunset with Spyder Model.
    Spyder HD Sunset by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got an old hunting buddy living in San Antonio. His eldest Daughter lives in Austin. When we point the motorhome South to visit him: we'll definitely make the trip to such a beautiful area!

But since we're early risers: we might just be the rolling roadblock that's in front of you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm planning on spending next winter there , this Friday is my last day of work.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're retiring?

Spyder Garage

Todd, your pictures are always amazing. Thanks and keep posting..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Todd, your pictures are always amazing. Thanks and keep posting..... Jim
    Thank you Jim! Will do!

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Promotion: Milky Way Rally 2019

Milky Spyder by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    This was in my driveway. I was needing to experiment with a new remote flash system. I got an AMAZING deal for very high end Bowens flash system. Unfortunately that awesome camera company went out of business after many generations of activity.

Central Texas Sunset with Spyder Model.
    Spyder HD Sunset by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Just noticing your front tire on the left side has a Red stripe and it says Can Am on it. The right side is plain and different. Like the red stripe/can am. could you please enlighten me?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I sure am Bob.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Just pictures taken at different times. I currently have the red stripe and lettering on them.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Well, the world changed for me when I did a test ride of a BMW R Nine T. Bought one and then traded my RT in for a BMW K1600B. I NEVER thought I would ever get rid my of my Spyder. However, I'm loving being back on two wheels again. I'll be back on a Spyder when the next body style and new engine is out.

I learned so much on this forum and made some really nice friends out of it. I appreciate this immensely, and have found out that the BMW people are just stuck up. But they don't argue tire pressures, and that's cool. LOL>>> Just kidding.

I loved this forum and the people on it. Even the one I was going to race. It is really a shame that it never happened. Maybe in the future.... My offer still stands!
    Milky Way Central Texas with BMW K1600B by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited , black