Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Dock or Spyder Cuff

Just wondering what people have used on their ST’s. Looking to be able to mount my wife’s cell phone to her 2014 ST. Looks like the choices are the Spyder Cuff or Spyder Dock, I would also have power to it for charging and power for maps on her phone. Just wondering what everyone has or is using. Thanks much Michrick
    2016 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't think the spyder cuff will work on the ST.
    I used the Rivco drink holder mount to hold a SiriusXM control but can be used to mount anything.
    https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/can-a...-spyder-rt-st/

IMG_0025.jpg

For my phone, which I used as a GPS and wanted it in front so I could glance down but keep my eyes forward, I used RAM disc ball mount with their clamp and X-grip on the inside of the windshield. I also used furniture felt cushion on the top of the dash so the RAM assembly rested on it so steady it. Also some leather straps as a safety thing just in case anything fell apart, which it didn't. Then you have to think of routing power cable to it. Mounting to the dash made it easier than routing the cable up to the handlebars.

IMG_2665.jpg IMG_2666.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    Just wondering what people have used on their ST’s. Looking to be able to mount my wife’s cell phone to her 2014 ST. Looks like the choices are the Spyder Cuff or Spyder Dock, I would also have power to it for charging and power for maps on her phone. Just wondering what everyone has or is using. Thanks much Michrick
    Lamonster makes a Cuff for the ST. We used it to mount her CB Radio. She puts the phone in a windshield bag. if you have a deathwish you could mount a 1" ram ball on it connected to XMount. The GPS is on the right side of the bars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Don't think the spyder cuff will work on the ST.
    I used the Rivco drink holder mount to hold a SiriusXM control but can be used to mount anything.
    https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/can-a...-spyder-rt-st/

IMG_0025.jpg

For my phone, which I used as a GPS and wanted it in front so I could glance down but keep my eyes forward, I used RAM disc ball mount with their clamp and X-grip on the inside of the windshield. I also used furniture felt cushion on the top of the dash so the RAM assembly rested on it so steady it. Also some leather straps as a safety thing just in case anything fell apart, which it didn't. Then you have to think of routing power cable to it. Mounting to the dash made it easier than routing the cable up to the handlebars.

IMG_2665.jpg
    You are correct. The Spyder Cuff will not fit on the
    ST bars. I tried. They say they are supposed to but do not.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2020 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2013 ST-S , Large Brake - Show Chrome Circuit Yellow Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMike View Post
    You are correct. The Spyder Cuff will not fit on the
    ST bars. I tried. They say they are supposed to but do not.
    I have a 2013 ST-L sitting out in the garage with a Lamonster ST Spyder Cuff LG-1061 which fits perfectly.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scubadown View Post
    I have a 2013 ST-L sitting out in the garage with a Lamonster ST Spyder Cuff LG-1061 which fits perfectly.
    That is very interesting ��. Sure wish I could find some to work on mine. It was almost like putting a square peg in a round situation. All I managed to do was scratch up my bars trying to make it happen. I am happy you have a cuff to work for yours. I contacted Spyderpops and they confirmed that they would not fit my bars and I sent them back.

Curious to know if your Limiteds' bars are different shape or size than the bars on ST-S?

Thanks!��
    2013 ST-S , Large Brake - Show Chrome Circuit Yellow Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scubadown View Post
    So do we, MRS.T.P.'S 2015 ST Limited has one of the first Lamonster Spydercuff's on it. Perfect fit, No BS!

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMike View Post
    That is very interesting ��. Sure wish I could find some to work on mine. It was almost like putting a square peg in a round situation. All I managed to do was scratch up my bars trying to make it happen. I am happy you have a cuff to work for yours. I contacted Spyderpops and they confirmed that they would not fit my bars and I sent them back.

Curious to know if your Limiteds' bars are different shape or size than the bars on ST-S?

Thanks!��
    I have to admit that when I first got it I thought there was no way it would fit. But with patience it did fit perfectly.

Spyder Garage

Question How is that attached to the windshield?

Did you use double side mounting tape?
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chebber View Post
    Did you use double side mounting tape?
    How is what attached to the windshield? If you're asking about the RAM mount, yes VHB tape on the shield along with carpet felt pad for the arm to rest on.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Here is my cell phone mount. I used a heat gun to reform the handle bar clamp, treaded rod covered with two layers of shrink tubing and the coupler nut to tighten. This was formed around the Spyder RT handle bar. Also a little 3M double sided tape. These holders lock the phone is well. These holders come in different accent colors. https://www.amazon.com/Rotation-Acce...8725082&sr=8-1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

www.quadlockcase.com
    Very nice cell phone mounts.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue