Spyder Garage

Default Colors for Ryker

It appears that the colored panels are easily swapped out with new colors so perhaps the ryder can have blue inserts from Monday thru Friday as the person has to go to work. But then on the weekend the colors are swapped out for the cheerful color of yellow. Not sure how that would appear on one's vehicle registration. Perhaps it would read "black and blue but sometimes black and yellow" Not sure if that would go over good with the LEO.
    blue copy.jpg yellow copy.jpg

Speaking of colors I am wondering when a Ryker will be repainted by someone from black to a different color like red (yes Prairie Spyder says that red is faster ).red copy.jpg

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

I am thinking that was part of BRP's marketing plan. Can't have to many colors.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Great point, but I don't think DMV will put too much thought into the different panel colors. They have my Metallic Champagne listed as "Tan" on my Registration. Really?? TAN... I can see putting Gold but Tan. Jeez. I heard many dealers are out of certain colors but BRP plans on releasing new colors every 6 months (not confirmed, just heard that). That would be cool, it would make some panels like those "Beanie Babies" some may actually resale for higher price than originally paid.
    Kind of reminds me of that scene from the movie Johnny Dangerously, when they are running from the cops but they have many layers of shelf paper covering the car, and they keep stripping off layers so the cops don't know what color the getaway car is. LOL.
    My guess is all Rykers will be listed as Black since that is their primary color. Maybe someone w a Ryker can tell us what their Registration says??

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Logical solution would be for DMV's to call all rykers black. The couple square feet of color panel does not constitute a vehicle color...maybe more like "trim."

Now...what they really do..........?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Agreed...

They are just basic black guess I would call them "identifing marks"...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It will be exciting to see what 3rd party vendors come up with for panels

Spyder Garage

now the guy with different colored panels can name his Ryker "Chameleon"

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The local DMV in our town let me put down 2 colors for my golf cart. Black & yellow cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    . . .

Speaking of colors I am wondering when a Ryker will be repainted by someone from black to a different color like red (yes Prairie Spyder says that red is faster ).red copy.jpg
    I'd like one that's all red! Because it would be faster, of course!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I do like that red.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'd like one that's all red! Because it would be faster, of course!
    Yes Patti I knew that you would like that. By the way I have seen your Spyder parked but never seen you ryde it, so not sure if it faster.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes Patti I knew that you would like that. By the way I have seen your Spyder parked but never seen you ryde it, so not sure if it faster.

That sounds like a challenge! Next time we're in the same place, you're on!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Some posted this on a Facebook Ryker site

Little Photoshop of how I would like my Ryker to look once I get it. Still unsure about a colored fender but will definitely be doing a full teardown and paint. Will definitely be time consuming smoothing all the textured panels. Not sure if I will do a satin or gloss white. Leaning more towards satin. May do another rendering with headlight panels.

Thoughs ?

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

Little Photoshop of how I would like my Ryker to look once I get it. Still unsure about a colored fender but will definitely be doing a full teardown and paint. Will definitely be time consuming smoothing all the textured panels. Not sure if I will do a satin or gloss white. Leaning more towards satin. May do another rendering with headlight panels.

Thoughs ?

You could try Plasti Dip. I have an NC700XD that I have changed the color on 3 times. all red first. Peeled it all off. Then red and white. Peeled it off. then all black.
    Easy to use, looks good. Its a flat color not shiny.
    google Plasti Dip and you will find it.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

Thoughs ?

That looks good. You are better at Photoshop than I am. Please post some pics after it is painted. Give us an estimate of the time it took to strip it down and paint it.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That looks good. You are better at Photoshop than I am. Please post some pics after it is painted. Give us an estimate of the time it took to strip it down and paint it.
    For your information I copied this from a post on the Ryker Lovers Facebook page
    It was from Shane Knutson
    I’m sure if you check it out he will give you the information you were after
    I Posted it because it looked so good and I’m sure other Ryker owners would like to see what others are thinking of doing
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

deleted
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

It’s certainly more attractive than all black! I had a black Kawasaki and it was a divil to keep clean, any speck, dust dirt mud!

It appears that the colored panels are easily swapped out with new colors so perhaps the ryder can have blue inserts from Monday thru Friday as the person has to go to work. But then on the weekend the colors are swapped out for the cheerful color of yellow. Not sure how that would appear on one's vehicle registration. Perhaps it would read "black and blue but sometimes black and yellow" Not sure if that would go over good with the LEO.
    blue copy.jpg yellow copy.jpg

2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze