Thread: Driver backrest

Spyder Garage

Default Driver backrest

I was wondering if anyone knew if a 2014 drivers backrest would fit my 2011 RT Limited SE5?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Debby View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew if a 2014 drivers backrest would fit my 2011 RT Limited SE5?
    First off & .....The BRP backrest that was designed for the 2014 RT won't fit because the 2011 seat PAN is different. So the bracket of the Backrest can't be attached to the Pan .... .... PM me and I can assist you in what will work for you ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you , I purchased one that a man bought for his 2012 for $165 . Praying it will fit!

Spyder Garage

Looks like the seller probably knew it would not fit your 2011 since it didn't work for him on his 2012. If you got the mounting bracket and the backrest, you should have no trouble getting your money back. Just advertise it on this forum in the "For Sale" section. I'm sure Mike can give you good direction on what you need. Good luck and Welcome to SLs Forum..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Oh no the utopia driver backrest won't fit my 2011 RT?????

Spyder Garage

Oh no the utopia driver backrest won't fit my 2011 RT?????
    Dear Debby, the answers you receive here will be based on the info you provide !!!! ......... To the best of my knowledge , BRP only started making DRIVER BACKRESTS FOR THE 2014 & up RT's, so I thought you had a BRP backrest ..... from your post #5 .... I NOW think you have a Utopia..... and if that came off a 2012 RT .... it and the mounting Bracket will fit your seat ...... All my above info was based on what you have told us so far ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I am so sorry I was asking about a 2014 then I got a message stating he had one for a 2012. Forgive me for being all over the place. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I'm very excited about getting this seat on. I just got the LED lights in too. Gonna be AWESOME

Spyder Garage

Go to utpr.com ,Utopia's website and you will find an installation video there. They are very easy to install and worth it. I have had their backrest on two motorcycles so far and loved them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I am so sorry I was asking about a 2014 then I got a message stating he had one for a 2012. Forgive me for being all over the place. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I'm very excited about getting this seat on. I just got the LED lights in too. Gonna be AWESOME
    Debby thank you for getting back to us on this ….and " Pegasus1300 " is correct, … they can help you, if you didn't get a POUCH with yours they can sell you one for yours ….. check under the back flap for Velcro , that's how the pouch is attached ……. Mike