Spyder Garage

Default Any pictures of Bumpskid LED installed with DOUBLE VISION DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS.

RT only: Would like to see anyones pictures who has installed the Spyderpops Bumpskid LED and remote with additional DOUBLE VISION DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (PLUG/PLAY) (FOR ALL 4 A-ARMS).
    Do you think it would be to much bling up front? Thanks for sharing pictures, opinions and experiences with this specific setup.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I only have the Bumpskid with LED installed on mine from Spyderpops. I am not looking to ad any more to the front at this time. Only thing I plan on doing is maybe changing out the headlights to LED, IT is plenty bright at night and very visible in daylight also.
    >
    I hope the picture helps.CanAm 2018.jpg
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Spyder Garage

Like others, I only have the Spyderpops LED Bumpskid w remote. I believe I posted a pic in the Spyder Garage, I did get some great pics of it during dusk.
    I’m not sure if you heard but a PGR Rider from Florida was just in a horrible accident on his way to a funeral. He had a red RT, it happened during the day and he had to be airlifted to hospital. Moral of this story is, no such thing as too many lights! At least that was the lesson I learned. I only have the LED Bumpskid but after reading about this, I plan on adding more lights, maybe even a flare gun! Good luck, I believe Harvey posted some pics of both on Facebook. Worth a look before u buy imo.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have the bumpskid but I do have a Knight Rider strip made for the F3s. My Denali spot lights on the A arms are more for others to see me so I ride most of the time like this. At night I switch to the fog lights which light up the road better. Not too much bling compared to what I've seen.

fullsizeoutput_1494.jpg fullsizeoutput_1493.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a friends F3 with bright LED strips on the A arms. (cheap Ebay LEDs that look yellow when off)

fullsizeoutput_1495.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Post #2 has a great picture of the standard lighted bumpskid. I have the same, only my RT is yellow.

I have always said...you can't have to many lights. Go for it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168607[/ATTACH

not sure what double vision daytime is on lights, but bumpskid and A arm lights are all from Tricled. not fully dark yet in pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I think they add safety to your Ryde. Those LED's on the bumpskid cut through fog like no ones business! You see this line of light coming at you before you see the headlights. I also went to local car parts place and got a 12" strip to tie in on the underside of the bumpskid (mine had a groove in it), lights the ground for all around appearance.

Spyder Garage

yes, my avatar
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig12of45 View Post
    yes, my avatar
    Yay! We have a winner!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ludwig12of45 View Post
    yes, my avatar
    Thanks for Avatar Ludwig (I missed it) and picture woodaddict.
    I installed my new DOUBLE VISION A-ARM DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS w/ remote and the BumpSkid with LED'S NEXT GENERATION from Aaron @ Spyderpops and WOW are these thing BRIGHT! The cages will see this Spyder coming for sure. How long did it take you to get used to these BRIGHT LEDS? Keep riding defensively everyone.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Thanks for Avatar Ludwig (I missed it) and picture woodaddict.
    I installed my new DOUBLE VISION A-ARM DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS w/ remote and the BumpSkid with LED'S NEXT GENERATION from Aaron @ Spyderpops and WOW are these thing BRIGHT! The cages will see this Spyder coming for sure. How long did it take you to get used to these BRIGHT LEDS? Keep riding defensively everyone.
    The CAGE peeps will think a train is coming and try to beat you to the crossing.
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

the LED additions help with visibility for sure, they don't project way down the road for better view in my opinion, for rider just maybe 20' seems to be better lit. more for oncoming traffic and WOW effect. I also added the front fender,but rear facing (on front fender)LED lights. they are lights and reflectors, help with rearward view. most of the time my arms block the red hue which helps, they are bright. that gives you outside light to merge with the rear body brake lights, gives appearance of a wider BUTT
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

One day me and a buddy were riding our RT’s to meet up w a Goldwing friend. When we pulled in he told us he saw my Bumpskid from a mile away. Lol. He said he noticed me quickly, but didn’t see my friend w a black RT w no LEDs. So the Bumpskid works! My problem is I have a ton of LED’s out on my skid. Gonna try to fix that w hairdryer....if outside temp ever climbs above 20! Cold winter in NY!

Spyder Garage

I got the bumpskid with remote, so I can adjust the brightness of it or turn it off completely. I don't do much night driving if I can help it, but daytime I keep it at 100% brightness and have been told it's very visible. I'm very happy with it and the double a-arms!
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter

Spyder Garage

I have the remote but don’t use it much. Hopefully I can fix the broken LED’s, my friend told me to just heat it up a bit w a hairdryer then press them in, something about the glue not sticking to LED leads.
    Was it hard to wire the A Arms? I want to add those but electricity is not my thing. Guess I should learn this stuff cause I also want the LED’s for the turn signals. Been so cold in NY, think it’s time I do my Winter Projects.
    Have a great day everyone!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    I have the remote but don’t use it much. Hopefully I can fix the broken LED’s, my friend told me to just heat it up a bit w a hairdryer then press them in, something about the glue not sticking to LED leads.
    Was it hard to wire the A Arms? I want to add those but electricity is not my thing. Guess I should learn this stuff cause I also want the LED’s for the turn signals. Been so cold in NY, think it’s time I do my Winter Projects.
    Wiring couldn't have been easier. I had it done by Sierra Cycles LOL. I had a bunch of things done at once so it just made sense for me to have them do it all. Now that the wiring is all complete I can look and see how it was done and perhaps try it myself next time
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter

Spyder Garage

Take a look at Tricled I put their LED on both my A arms and their LED's turn amber from white when you put on your turn signals.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Thank you Spydernatic, I’ve heard good things about them. They usually attend SpyderQuest, I went in 2018 but they were booked solid so I couldn’t get any work done. But lucky for me I booked appointment w Netzley Tires and had my laser alignment, BajaRon Shock Adjusters & Swaybar installed.

Ludwig- LOL! That was a very easy job for you, just had to write a check and boom, all products got installed! And I agree w u 100%, I always prefer my installs done by professionals. I want to start doing some work myself, like the new Lamonster Belt Roller, and I’m still on the fence about the Highway Pegs. But most of all I want the Lamonster LED headlights & Foglights (and magnet mirrors while I’m at it). But I’m just not confident enough to do them myself. I’ve already contacted Jacob asking about scheduling. I’m seriously considering doing the 22hr ride to Lamonster Garage just to have them do all the installs I want. I wonder if I can bribe them to come to NY to do my installs. After all, we have the best bagels & Pizza in the world. And the Peter Luger Steak House has the best Porterhouses hands down! Lol.

Spyder Garage

Thank you Spydernatic, I’ve heard good things about them. They usually attend SpyderQuest, I went in 2018 but they were booked solid so I couldn’t get any work done. But lucky for me I booked appointment w Netzley Tires and had my laser alignment, BajaRon Shock Adjusters & Swaybar installed.

Ludwig- LOL! That was a very easy job for you, just had to write a check and boom, all products got installed! And I agree w u 100%, I always prefer my installs done by professionals. I want to start doing some work myself, like the new Lamonster Belt Roller, and I’m still on the fence about the Highway Pegs. But most of all I want the Lamonster LED headlights & Foglights (and magnet mirrors while I’m at it). But I’m just not confident enough to do them myself. I’ve already contacted Jacob asking about scheduling. I’m seriously considering doing the 22hr ride to Lamonster Garage just to have them do all the installs I want. I wonder if I can bribe them to come to NY to do my installs. After all, we have the best bagels & Pizza in the world. And the Peter Luger Steak House has the best Porterhouses hands down! Lol.
    Truth is, I have no mechanical ability whatsoever. I felt much more comfortable having it done right, then I can observe and see the finished product. However, I ran into a little problem with a wiring harness on the rear lighting, and ended up replacing it myself. That wasn't too bad actually. Youtube is great for that stuff (and this site too!)

as an aside, I have the tricled a-arms dual color lights and love them. Having more blinkers visible from the front is a must for me.

p.s. - I don't doubt you have the best bagels....however the pizza is another story! haha
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    High mount BRT w/strobe