Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ok, If you don't want people to use the site...

So, today I came to the site and was not registered and had to wait through the rule page (which doesn't apply to an unregistered user) to be able to "look" at the site. I understand it is your site and you may do with it as you please, but the 1 minute countdown to be able to hit the submit button borders on... well I don't want to break any rules so I will not say... For the most part I am saying see ya... It was a great site before it became "regulated".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxxheadroom View Post
    So, today I came to the site and was not registered and had to wait through the rule page (which doesn't apply to an unregistered user) to be able to "look" at the site. I understand it is your site and you may do with it as you please, but the 1 minute countdown to be able to hit the submit button borders on... well I don't want to break any rules so I will not say... For the most part I am saying see ya... It was a great site before it became "regulated".
    I too was greeted with that page. I completely understand why the administrator did it and think it's a good idea. Give it another chance and I think you'll be glad you did.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I get it for registered users... but not for unregistered. Also, if you log off the site at the top you have to go through the whole thing again since the site deletes all the cookies... Just not friendly....IMHO...Last port for me... enjoy all.

Spyder Garage

The system wasn't supposed to be enabled for non registered users (fixed).

Its unfortunate that you had to wait 60 seconds to make sure you read all the rules & agree'd to them, if you no longer want to post on the site because of that, its your choice.

The acceptance has been reset because of additional rules, please accept them again & then its permanent & noted in your account.

If new rules are added to the agreement at a later time, you will get a reset notice for them again.

Also note, the above statement is incorrect - If you logout & back in, you do NOT have to accept the rules again.
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 01-12-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    The system wasn't supposed to be enabled for non registered users (fixed).

Its unfortunate that you had to wait 60 seconds to make sure you read all the rules & agree'd to them, if you no longer want to post on the site because of that, its your choice.

The acceptance has been reset because of additional rules, please accept them again & then its permanent & noted in your account.

If new rules are added to the agreement at a later time, you will get a reset notice for them again.

Also note, the above statement is incorrect - If you logout & back in, you do NOT have to accept the rules again.
    Not only is it effective for registered users, it makes me sit through that confounded 60 second countdown timer EVERY TIME I VISIT THE SITE NOW.

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume this is not working as intended. Please fix it or do away with it.

I'll put up with it for a day or two while you work this out but if its going to be a 'time out in the corner' every time I visit, well, my time here is over as it will be for many.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It isnt everytime.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It isnt everytime.
    I think it seemed that way because you added some rules since he last visited the site, even if he had stayed logged in. Refreshing the listing triggers the page
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It isnt everytime.
    So I read the rules page, waited the 60 seconds ( oh just a lifetime ), checked the little box at the bottom ( we all saw that right ?) and now ALL IS AS IT WAS.

I just don't see any problem here------ my phone should work this well.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I just came back and it did it again. So far its every time I visit the site and try to enter a topic.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I've tested it in multiple browsers & devices, it doesnt do that, this isnt a cookie set variable, its set in your profile (Via the DB) after you select yes.

Opening/Closing/Logging In/Out doesnt effect this.

The program has been disabled as already stated in my previous post if you aren't logged in.

Also stated in my previous post is: If a new rule is added (which has only been once since i enabled it), it will trigger the program for you to read & agree to the agreement.
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 01-12-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I went through the read and agree process about seven minutes ago and after reading jc's first post closed my browser, Chrome, and shut down my computer. I then restarted it, clicked my bookmarked SL web site and selected the What's New tab that opened immediately with no need to go back through the read, agree, submit stuff. works the way Anthony said it should for me.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

As most wont read all the posts....

One feature of this NEW Rules program:
    If you incur an infraction for violating said rules, you will be required to read (wait 60s) & then agree to them again.

Infractions only get you so far, then its on to banning, which also incur the same read again & agree to the rules, but bans will become permanent with no way to have the ban lifted.

So for the users who chose to look at something else when you was waiting for that long period of 60s, you wont like what happens when you violate a rule you didnt bother reading.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Is it possible that if you have a clear all cookies or browser history enabled on Exit in your browser that it would cause this repeat function?

I too applaud Anthony's updates and changes.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have no problems with this. I use Chrome browser - incognito mode. Uncheck remember me an log in. I only had to do the new thing agreeing once. Iv logged out an cleared my history an cleared cache. I close everything an then come back an sign in, an all is well. Even if I had to do one more step each time an wait a minute I would still come to this site. Life to short to complain about every little thing IMO.

Spyder Garage

It was accidentally enabled for non registered users, thats been fixed & why the user started this thread in the first place.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

No problems for me.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No problem here either...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Well I should be an expert on the rules now as I had to sit through the timer FOUR times today. This trip to the site, mostly just to see if it got fixed, did not ask me to agree to the terms again. Perhaps it was just bad timing with all the changes and updates Anthony was doing this morning tripped me up. Seems fixed now.

I will say the 'rules' are pretty simple and in line with generic behaviour rules at most other forum sites and even facebook for the most part. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Dont feel bad, one user wouldn't bother waiting for the timer, so they could click submit, they assumed it was broken & just kept clicking around as soon as they seen the page, they called/emailed another user to PM me about the issue instead, so you only doing it 4 times isn't so bad lmfao
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Today, was the first time that I logged into this site, and I had to read the agreement/rules ( waited for the 60 seconds to count down) then "hit the Accept button.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Yes & thats the only time you will unless you recieve an infraction or i update the rules & clear everyone's all ready agree'd to settings.

As i said i accidentally left the program on for non-registered users, i didnt plan to roll it out today until the rules where fine tuned, unfortunately i screwed up on one setting, so i had to roll it out today.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Across three Browsers and two devices: It's working fine here!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No problems here either, on 1rst login today the rules came up; read them and (when timer ran out) hit submit.
    Logged out, then back in with no repeat of rules! Works fine here!!

Spyder Garage

Relax a little...as we all know we live in a world of instant gratification. Nonetheless the words mistake, error and accident still exist in the English language and when pointed out lead to instant gratification.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

A late comer to this thread.

I shut down and came back a second time. Did not have to re-accept the rules of the forum.

I posted this in a previous "similar" thread a few minutes earlier:

Let's give the changes a chance. I had to agree to the rules before coming on today.

Its sad that less than 20 or so seem to cause most of the problems. Having worked behind the scenes for awhile now...I will testify that they can also be pretty nasty at times.

The end result should be a welcoming forum to all who want to participate.

Thanks AnthonyG

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red