Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Everything is A-OK for me. The rules are clear and very reasonable. When I first encountered the new rule acknowledgment page, I thought that I was being singled out as one of the 20 or so who needed a hand slap. It wasn't clear to me that this is a restatement of the forum rules that all needed to acknowledge..... Caused me to stop and reflect upon what I may have done wrong..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Yes, i got a PM like that from another user & that is NOT the intent bud.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    Dont feel bad, one user wouldn't bother waiting for the timer, so they could click submit, they assumed it was broken & just kept clicking around as soon as they seen the page, they called/emailed another user to PM me about the issue instead, so you only doing it 4 times isn't so bad lmfao
    ...Yes that was me …….. NO WHERE DID I SEE …… you MUST wait the 60 seconds AND see the SUBMIT button ………… Then to make matters worse I COULDN'T send a message about my problem to any Administrator ….nothing I tried worked …… annnnnnnnnnnnnnd when I went back to the RULES site the clock just kept re-setting ………. So I E-mailed ( you know who - to contact you ) ……. I apologize for being Computer ILLITERATE, but that's how it is...………...Mike

Spyder Garage

I didn't out you lmfao, you could of remained anonymous Mike.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    I didn't out you lmfao, you could of remained anonymous Mike.
    ……. I KNOW you didn't --- I NEVER IMPLIED THAT YOU DID ….. I have no problems with transparency and Yes I certainly could have remained anonymous ….. I am a fast reader and did the check box in 30 seconds ……… but that wasn't what the thread wanted …. Plus the POSTER wasn't someone I was familiar with so I didn't know if it was TROLL ………… If there is ONLY one way to get something to work - then stating what one needs to do IMHO is what should be added AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS ……..... PS my use of CAPS is not ANGER ...it is just to emphasize a point ........... PLEASE accept this post as an explanation NOT a Flame ..............Thank you , Mike

Spyder Garage

The Op of this thread was upset, about it continually popping up for users not logged in, which i accidentally had left on.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I agree with the new rules. I had no problem logging on. Good job.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had to wait 60 seconds? I guess I'm just a slow reader. I have no problem with the rules either.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I had to read the agreement/rules ( waited for the 60 seconds to count down) then "hit the Accept button.
    I didn't even realize there was a timer this morning on my first visit! I guess I'm a slow reader and curiosity compelled me to read the rules! By the time I got to the bottom the Submit button was there! Later, when I came to the site using my tablet the rules popped up, but since I'd already read them I went right to the Submit button only to see the countdown timer. I thought to myself, what is this all about? Do I have to go through this rigamarole with every device I use? Soon I saw AG's comment about adding a rule and thus the timer comes up again. I guess I'll have to go back and see what changed since I didn't bother to read them a second time!

Anthony, am I to understand that an occasional **** or **** used for emphasis is grounds for getting kicked off? I hope not since once in a rare while a mild swear word just helps to get the message across!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Cursing in general isn’t a rule violation, cursing some out is.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I don't really see a problem with having the rules, but to be honest, I'm disappointed as hell that this forum has degenerated to the point where the moderators felt it necessary to make everyone sign the rules.
    It's almost like a loyalty oath.
    Oh well, you know what they say.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" somewhere else (sic)
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

When I just logged on and saw the rules, I was reading through them and then saw the timer. I THOUGHT I HAD TO SUBMIT BEFORE THE TIMER ENDED.... LOL... I did it right at 60 seconds. Perfect timing.. LOL.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...Yes that was me …….. NO WHERE DID I SEE …… you MUST wait the 60 seconds AND see the SUBMIT button ………… Then to make matters worse I COULDN'T send a message about my problem to any Administrator ….nothing I tried worked …… annnnnnnnnnnnnnd when I went back to the RULES site the clock just kept re-setting ………. So I E-mailed ( you know who - to contact you ) ……. I apologize for being Computer ILLITERATE, but that's how it is...………...Mike
    Mike,
    You've got my email address .. .
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I posted this in the "other" thread about rules:

I want everyone to know that I appreciate the comments pro and con given by all those concerned with the situation.

I am learning a lot just by reading them. Some are seeing a "different" me already.

The forum "rules" have been printed out and are being consulted carefully before any actions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I don't really see a problem with having the rules, but to be honest, I'm disappointed as hell that this forum has degenerated to the point where the moderators felt it necessary to make everyone sign the rules.
    It's almost like a loyalty oath.
    Oh well, you know what they say.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" somewhere else (sic)
    The Moderators did no such thing, as they don’t have that ability to do those things.

The tough get going some where else, if that’s the case why did you agree to them?
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I just got off, and back on. Worked fine for me, didn’t have to wait again for rules. I like the forum, learned a whole lot here.