Spyder Garage

Default Longhorn LED mirror install pictures.

Would like to please see fellow Spyder RT closeup pictures of installed led strips with Lamonster Longhorn LED kit. I will be installing soon and it appears they are fastened on the black towards the mirror side but next to the indent seam (not in the seam). Does the kit come with adhesive promoter too? Thanks

"BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

You are correct, they do not go in the seam. Some put them ahead of the seam, I've seen others behind the seam....I don't know that either way is better but others will chime in too. And yes, most of these light kits come with the promoter regardless of who ya buy em from
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

they will come with very good instructions
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    You are correct, they do not go in the seam. Some put them ahead of the seam, I've seen others behind the seam....I don't know that either way is better but others will chime in too. And yes, most of these light kits come with the promoter regardless of who ya buy em from
    Hi Mazo! Thanks for the chime. Looking to meet and greet you when the salt is gone so think of a good food place in Arena/Mazo area.

Spyder Garage

The install is relatively easy. Takes longer to do all the Tupperware removal and reinstall than to hookup the lights. And yes there is 3M promoter included wth Lamonster’s kit. I just did mine after Christmas, sorry no pictures yet. Lamonster’s video is very helpful.

Spyder Garage

I remember I followed the instructions for placement and put them to the front side of the seam. I would reevaluate that if I were to do that again, as I would prefer to see more of them from the driver's position. They are just beyond the edge of my vision except for the inner ends. I'll take a picture later if you still want one.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    I remember I followed the instructions for placement and put them to the front side of the seam. I would reevaluate that if I were to do that again, as I would prefer to see more of them from the driver's position. They are just beyond the edge of my vision except for the inner ends. I'll take a picture later if you still want one.
    Any pictures would be great. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures of mine installed

Photos 3 & 4 were taken at face level while I sat on the bike. Photo 1 is the right hand end and photo 2 is from underneath. So if I were to do this again, I'd move the led's a bit closer to the back of the bike.

I hope this helps.

Lin

20190111_101313.jpg20190111_101249.jpg20190111_101130.jpg20190111_101052_Burst01.jpg
    2016 RT-S Special Series

Spyder Garage

Great pictures Lin.Thank you very much. Why do you think moving them to the other side of the seam would be better?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Hi Mazo! Thanks for the chime. Looking to meet and greet you when the salt is gone so think of a good food place in Arena/Mazo area.
    Heck yeah....no good food here in our neck of the woods but there's a few good ones between here and Monroe.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Great pictures Lin.Thank you very much. Why do you think moving them to the other side of the seam would be better?
    I stand corrected after seeing them again. By moving the installation point further towards the back, they would be visible from the driver's position. Part of the reason I bought them, was to have a secondary light for the turn indicator in addition to the dash. We all know the dash indicators are difficult to see.
    2016 RT-S Special Series