Spyder Garage

Default No Passenger Floorboards option

I recently ordered a set of Lamonsters black diamond passenger floorboards. While waiting on them to get here, I removed the stock ones and was impressed on how much better my Spyder looks with no rear floorboards. The bracket on my Limited is chrome and after removal, it looks so much better. I will leave them like that and install the ones that come in on my wifes F3L. I ryde solo all the time so they are not needed and just get in the way. Any one else try this?
    F3521830-93EF-4BF3-9F33-409916D0E2AF.jpg
    1E599D19-8610-4709-8D88-56163715A770.jpg
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

If you were wondering whats Woody doing sitting on the back seat, He is a rescue. I'm at the age where my mind thinks I'm 29, my humor suggests I'm 12, but my body mostly keeps asking me if I'm sure I'm not dead yet.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

If anyone is considering doing this I recommend watching this video first, the bolts need some heat to remove them.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Other options if you ryde solo only and want a mounting peg, get the mid peg like whats on the video. Im thinking now I may at some point install pegs for the rear instead of the floorboards because the floorboards do not fold up and the pegs do and there will be something there just in case I need them.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

My 2016 had pegs for the passenger and they are a PAI - shin busters. I try to keep them up as much as possible but sometime they come down to bite me.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Someone wanted to eliminate the entire frame section at one time but I told him that can't be done because it's part of the frame.. Just pulling the passenger pegs is the only route and it leaves pretty much nothing there. I put third "center" pegs on just in case I ever do have a passenger they can use them. $35 is all it cost. Details here: >CLICK ME<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

That's a great video, thanks for sharing

I wish I would've seen this video a few months ago before I tore up one of those brass inserts, they're not cheap either for what they are.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    That's a great video, thanks for sharing

I wish I would've seen this video a few months ago before I tore up one of those brass inserts, they're not cheap either for what they are.
    I bought on of those little torch's and they work pretty good. I did strip out one bolt out of 4 but had it out some already and had to use a channel lock to work it out the rest of the way.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I removed the floorboards from both mine and my wifes 17 F3L. I did get the new rear floorboards in and found that they may or may not go on easily. what the problem is is the base chrome brackets they mount on are all different size's, like they are all hand made or something. the plastic parts that replace the rubber ones may not fit because the holes are all different size's. I got them on my wifes spyder with difficulty on one side and wanted to try them on mine but could not get them on.
    B06FBDFF-DCE8-44D0-B755-B3D437625444.jpg
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

One thing about those new floor boards I did like is that the base brackets are adjustable where the stock boards are not. You can set the tilt angle you want to suit your rider. You could even replace the outer bracket with one that suits your riders size. You would have to have a part fabbed at a metal shop to raise the height. My wife wanted to be able to give rides to her 5 year old grand son. I dont think he can reach the boards where they are.
    2017 F3 Limited