Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

If I said how I really feel, I'd be banned. And that will be my only comment on this thread.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quite a while ago there was thought that you got banned, felt bad for you. That won't happen again.
    Have tried PM's with you, some got smart remarks, some got no reply.
    Three on my banned list, you, one just like you and one that doesn't matter.
    Sorry, just the way I feel based off countless insensitive remarks and remarks that were uncalled for. Also major differences in opinion.
    Sometimes I think you post for the sole reason of hitting someone.
    Wasn't going to post but you did ask. Waited for a while.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Quite a while ago there was thought that you got banned, felt bad for you. That won't happen again.
    Have tried PM's with you, some got smart remarks, some got no reply.
    Three on my banned list, you, one just like you and one that doesn't matter.
    Sorry, just the way I feel based off countless insensitive remarks and remarks that were uncalled for. Also major differences in opinion.
    Sometimes I think you post for the sole reason of hitting someone.
    Wasn't going to post but you did ask. Waited for a while.
    UtahPete became #9 on my ignore list, but then again after taking a look at it, pretty certain 5 of them seldom post or visit SL anymore.

Ignore list is a good feature and no doubt I have been allowed to participate on others list too.

Sorry Pete, no hard feelings.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    UtahPete became #9 on my ignore list, but then again after taking a look at it, pretty certain 5 of them seldom post or visit SL anymore. Ignore list is a good feature and no doubt I have been allowed to participate on others list too. Sorry Pete, no hard feelings.
    No hard feelings, but without knowing WHY you did that, I am still in the dark about it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Unless your post pertains to Pete's question, stop posting in this thread, last page of non related posted deleted, yes i nuked Bob's too.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Self-righteous, condescending blowhard who seems to think he's the smartest guy in room pretty much sums it up for me. Since you apparently don't understand why some of the respondents have said what they have, I'm also inclined to think that you come up short in the categories of self awareness and introspection. Only you know for sure what motivated you to solicit feedback, but I suspect that it might not be working out the way that you hoped.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    Self-righteous, condescending blowhard who seems to think he's the smartest guy in room pretty much sums it up for me. Since you apparently don't understand why some of the respondents have said what they have, I'm also inclined to think that you come up short in the categories of self awareness and introspection. Only you know for sure what motivated you to solicit feedback, but I suspect that it might not be working out the way that you hoped.
    Actually, it is working better than I had any right to expect.

Self-righteous, condescending blowhard who seems to think he's the smartest guy in room" Yeah, I do that. I can be a real jerk sometimes. Especially in print. No excuses or apologies for the way I am.

But, I do apologize to those who felt intimidated, bullied or condescended to by it - that's just not right.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Utah, I think your great !!!!!!!! You are the Best !!!!!!!

I'm just seeing if my post will last, It seems everything I post under these new hidden rules is locked or "nuked" ………… 3 for 3 for far, so I'm batting a 1000

Wish you the best !!!!! Besides your politics, you seem to be a good guy. BTW, Who cares what these internet people think of you, I don't...…....
    I've come to appreciate you also, although I'm mystified why that is.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

All I can say is Pete was kind and helpful to me when I was new here (as were some others, I haven’t forgotten that kindness, you know who you are) and looking to join the Spyder club. We even spoke over the phone. I don’t have enough history here to comment on how “crotchety” Pete may have been but I’ve seen a few posts that could perhaps have been more kindly stated, and Pete you aren’t the only one I’d make that comment to.

The problem when people say “I’m just speaking the truth” or some variant of that (in my opinion) is sometimes license is taken to be flat out rude about it. You can speak a truth with emphasis and still do it without firing all the bullets in the chamber in my opinion. So that would be my only comment to you Pete, when you feel the emotion behind the response that you have typed don’t hit send yet, step away for a few and then come back to it and see if you want to reword it. Maybe have your wife read it.

I will commend you though at taking a shot at trying to get feedback to consider, most folks aren’t interested and board posts is a risky medium to give it a shot, so good on ya!

Other than that I hope to meet and ride with you sometime. That goes for all of you actually.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    All I can say is Pete was kind and helpful to me when I was new here (as were some others, I haven’t forgotten that kindness, you know who you are) and looking to join the Spyder club. We even spoke over the phone. I don’t have enough history here to comment on how “crotchety” Pete may have been but I’ve seen a few posts that could perhaps have been more kindly stated, and Pete you aren’t the only one I’d make that comment to.

The problem when people say “I’m just speaking the truth” or some variant of that (in my opinion) is sometimes license is taken to be flat out rude about it. You can speak a truth with emphasis and still do it without firing all the bullets in the chamber in my opinion. So that would be my only comment to you Pete, when you feel the emotion behind the response that you have typed don’t hit send yet, step away for a few and then come back to it and see if you want to reword it. Maybe have your wife read it.

I will commend you though at taking a shot at trying to get feedback to consider, most folks aren’t interested and board posts is a risky medium to give it a shot, so good on ya!

Other than that I hope to meet and ride with you sometime. That goes for all of you actually.
    Thanks. I'd like that. When are you coming to a Ryde-In?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Three on my banned list, you, one just like you and one that doesn't matter. Sorry, just the way I feel based off countless insensitive remarks and remarks that were uncalled for. Also major differences in opinion. Sometimes I think you post for the sole reason of hitting someone. Wasn't going to post but you did ask. Waited for a while.
    Thanks. I just took you off my ignore list and now there are none, I believe.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    No hard feelings, but without knowing WHY you did that, I am still in the dark about it.
    Pete, if you go back and reread my post, shown as #15 in this topic, I beleive my reasoning was explained there.

I myself, did go back and reread my post, #15, the mentioning of “worthless fluff” is the area to focus on. Those were my words being kind with minimal trauma in how you read it.

Essentially, your poor attitude towards others, the meaningless posts, your posts trying to point out insignificant faults in what others are doing or have done, in a nut shell, you take the fun out of it.

If it is not fun, helping others, or in some way adding details, most times, but not always, I want nothing to do with it here on SL. Spyders are simply hobbies, toys in our lives and getaways for many people, when the fun of that is lost, why bother. You posts tended to not add to the fun, merely frustrated others, and sometimes induced a bad side to show.

That whole Karma thing, or buy your time and it will come to you, well actually me. While I did not enjoy doing it, you let your guard down and needed info, even revived an old topic. Not what I preferred to do, but went mostly all in to unload onto your posts similar answers you would give others. Karma is mean.

Apparently something clicked for you to start this topic about yourself. With hope from reading posts you understand what you presented and why there was no fun in it. Yes you remain on my ignore list, overall because I deem your posts worthless to me, and by having you on the ignore list I can select to open and read or not. Over the past few days since you began this topic, your posts here in this topic are the ones I have read, anything else from you remains not read.

I sincerely offer you all the best hosting your event. As others mentioned, face to face you are a great guy. Possibly someday we shall meet, until then, ride safe, and if you want to, and I quote from a mural of an old west salloon bar fight that was on the wall in a now closed steakhouse, “Taste your words before you spit them out”.

Spyder Garage

Sorry Pete I put you on my "Ignore list " last year I could not handle the way you responded to posts and your continuing correcting the spelling in the posts in a very sarcastic manner, so there you have it a plain and simple explanation.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    Actually, it is working better than I had any right to expect.

Self-righteous, condescending blowhard who seems to think he's the smartest guy in room" Yeah, I am that. I can be a real jerk sometimes. Especially in print. No excuses or apologies for the way I am.

But, I do apologize to those who felt intimidated, bullied or condescended to by it - that's just not right.
    Pete, are you aware your response here is acknowledging that you are "self-righteous, condescending blowhard" and the "smartest guy in the room"? You're saying that's the way you are and you do not apologize.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pete, you and I have had some great disagreements, conversations, and yes even an argument or two. I however have never put you or anyone else on an ignore list because everyone has some good things to add or say at some time. I never agree with any of your politics, your gun views, religious views, and a lot of your social views, but I enjoy reading when you post about your trip across Canada, and other rides you have done.
    I also thank you for your input when I PMed you about good out of the way places to ride on our Utah trip we are planning on taking this year. I reviewed what you sent and we will be incorporating a lot of what you suggested in the ride.
    The only problem I have is that when you seam to not have an answer for a response on a topic, you can drop to attacking on a personal level, my problem is when that happens, I follow suit even when I shouldn't. A discussion about all topics can take place without personal attacks.
    Sometimes I think you should read something, think about it for a bit, then respond, but read your response before you post it, think about how someone else will take it, make the needed changes, then post.
    I would never want a single person on here, even the ones I disagree with the most, to leave this forum, they have all had some great points at one time or another that helped me out, or made me think about changing the way I view things.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Pete, are you aware your response here is acknowledging that you are "self-righteous, condescending blowhard" and the "smartest guy in the room"? You're saying that's the way you are and you do not apologize.
    Patti, I was trying to say that, yes, I can come across as a real jerk sometimes and that is probably not going to change much at 72. It's just part of who I am and I don't feel like I need to apologize for who or what I am. I do apologize for the negative impact that has had on others. There is a reason I have so many failed relationships in my past and I recognize that I'm the common denominator in all of them.

I continue to work on changing what I can so that I will have better outcomes in my life and this is part of that process I think. Years ago, when my life revolved around religion, I remember there was a campaign involving an acronym on a button. The acronym was for some catchy little phrase like 'Please Be Patient. God Isn't Finished With Me Yet'.

I'm not finished with who I am yet. Not an excuse for bad behavior but an explanation perhaps.

BTW I edited that post slightly in order to use clearer language.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    Sorry Pete I put you on my "Ignore list " last year I could not handle the way you responded to posts and your continuing correcting the spelling in the posts in a very sarcastic manner, so there you have it a plain and simple explanation.
    I'm sorry. That was wrong.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Pete, you and I have had some great disagreements, conversations, and yes even an argument or two. I however have never put you or anyone else on an ignore list because everyone has some good things to add or say at some time. I never agree with any of your politics, your gun views, religious views, and a lot of your social views, but I enjoy reading when you post about your trip across Canada, and other rides you have done.
    I also thank you for your input when I PMed you about good out of the way places to ride on our Utah trip we are planning on taking this year. I reviewed what you sent and we will be incorporating a lot of what you suggested in the ride. The only problem I have is that when you seam to not have an answer for a response on a topic, you can drop to attacking on a personal level, my problem is when that happens, I follow suit even when I shouldn't. A discussion about all topics can take place without personal attacks.
    Thanks for making the distinction between opinions and behavior. I appreciate your observations and thoughtful responses.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete: I always kind of appreciated the directness of your remarks. Guess I must be a direct guy also.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Patti, I was trying to say that, yes, I can come across as a real jerk sometimes and that is probably not going to change much at 72. It's just part of who I am and I don't feel like I need to apologize for who or what I am. I do apologize for the negative impact that has had on others. There is a reason I have so many failed relationships in my past and I recognize that I'm the common denominator in all of them.

I continue to work on changing what I can so that I will have better outcomes in my life and this is part of that process I think. Years ago, when my life revolved around religion, I remember there was a campaign involving an acronym on a button. The acronym was for some catchy little phrase like 'Please Be Patient. God Isn't Finished With Me Yet'.

I'm not finished with who I am yet. Not an excuse for bad behavior but an explanation perhaps.

BTW I edited that post slightly in order to use clearer language.
    This explanation isn't really better. I'm hearing, "That's the way I am. Sorry you don't don't like it. But, oh well."
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    This explanation isn't really better. I'm hearing, "That's the way I am. Sorry you don't don't like it. But, oh well."
    Patti, thanks for saying that is what you are hearing, rather than what I am saying. I may never be able to give you what you want.

I accept that some of what folks are reacting to is behavioral on my part, which I have the ability and responsibility to change if I want to, and I do.

But, some aspects of my posts that people find objectionable are just part of my personality, which people like or not. I don't feel I should have to apologize for my personality or my opinions.

Through the responses I'm receiving here, it appears there are people who agree with the above, and those who don't. There are also people who can understand the complexity of human behavior and those who have to see everything in black or white.

For the latter group, once they have decided they don't like me, for whatever reason, rational or not, they can never accept anything I say at face value. They will always dislike and criticize me. That's just life and I get that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I believe that the way you state something can be rude and condescending. If you would try to be helpful and use English that made sense it would help. Example is the following exchange with a relatively new member. If you had used a something like the following perhaps it would not have come across as being rude.

I don't have any input on the GearBreak but another alternative would be something like the Helmet-mounted 3rd brake light.

Quote Originally Posted by gjklockhart View Post
    Has anyone used the GearBrake (Smart Brake Light Module)
    I'm interested in the "Flashing" model.
    Wondering if they activate (flash) too much and annoy people following you.
    I think the principle is great... bikes often slow down without applying the brakes... and might not be noticed by other drivers.
    Just don't want to be irritating to people following.

https://gearbrake.com/

Have you seen the previous thread about 3rd brake lites?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I believe that the way you state something can be rude and condescending. If you would try to be helpful and use English that made sense it would help. Example is the following exchange with a relatively new member. If you had used a something like the following perhaps it would not have come across as being rude.

I don't have any input on the GearBreak but another alternative would be something like the Helmet-mounted 3rd brake light.
    It wasn't intended to be curt, but now that you point it out I can see that at the least it was lazy of me. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    If I said how I really feel, I'd be banned. And that will be my only comment on this thread.
    Actually no you wouldn't, just dont curse, Pete has asked, so you're allowed to tell him how you feel.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Pete, if you go back and reread my post, shown as #15 in this topic, I beleive my reasoning was explained there.

I myself, did go back and reread my post, #15, the mentioning of “worthless fluff” is the area to focus on. Those were my words being kind with minimal trauma in how you read it.

Essentially, your poor attitude towards others, the meaningless posts, your posts trying to point out insignificant faults in what others are doing or have done, in a nut shell, you take the fun out of it.

If it is not fun, helping others, or in some way adding details, most times, but not always, I want nothing to do with it here on SL. Spyders are simply hobbies, toys in our lives and getaways for many people, when the fun of that is lost, why bother. You posts tended to not add to the fun, merely frustrated others, and sometimes induced a bad side to show.

That whole Karma thing, or buy your time and it will come to you, well actually me. While I did not enjoy doing it, you let your guard down and needed info, even revived an old topic. Not what I preferred to do, but went mostly all in to unload onto your posts similar answers you would give others. Karma is mean.

Apparently something clicked for you to start this topic about yourself. With hope from reading posts you understand what you presented and why there was no fun in it. Yes you remain on my ignore list, overall because I deem your posts worthless to me, and by having you on the ignore list I can select to open and read or not. Over the past few days since you began this topic, your posts here in this topic are the ones I have read, anything else from you remains not read.

I sincerely offer you all the best hosting your event. As others mentioned, face to face you are a great guy. Possibly someday we shall meet, until then, ride safe, and if you want to, and I quote from a mural of an old west salloon bar fight that was on the wall in a now closed steakhouse, “Taste your words before you spit them out”.
    For some reason I didn't see this post until just now. That's the most helpful feedback I've received in a very long time. I'm sure others have been saying the same thing, but it didn't get through to me the way this did. Thank you.
    2014 RTL Platinum