Thread: GearBrake

Spyder Garage

Default GearBrake

Has anyone used the GearBrake (Smart Brake Light Module)
    I'm interested in the "Flashing" model.
    Wondering if they activate (flash) too much and annoy people following you.
    I think the principle is great... bikes often slow down without applying the brakes... and might not be noticed by other drivers.
    Just don't want to be irritating to people following.

https://gearbrake.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have one on my spyder, however, that "flashing" while sometimes being annoying and irritating can be a good thing-it'll get you noticed. Dale

Spyder Garage

I have the Gear Brake unit on my 2014 RT Ltd and it gets many compliments. I also have TricLEDs High Brake light mounted on the trunk lid plus their three brake LEDs and they all flash.

Best safety addition fopr the Spyder.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gjklockhart View Post
    Has anyone used the GearBrake (Smart Brake Light Module) I'm interested in the "Flashing" model. Wondering if they activate (flash) too much and annoy people following you. I think the principle is great... bikes often slow down without applying the brakes... and might not be noticed by other drivers. Just don't want to be irritating to people following. https://gearbrake.com/
    Have you seen the previous thread about 3rd brake lites?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

pjweimer,
    Did you have any trouble connecting both the GearBrake and the TricLED's together? Did they both have the OEM "plug n play" connectors?
    I'm planning to use the Gearbrake module in conjunction with a Custom Dynamics high mount brake light and I believe both will have the OEM connectors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gjklockhart View Post
    pjweimer,
    Did you have any trouble connecting both the GearBrake and the TricLED's together? Did they both have the OEM "plug n play" connectors?
    I'm planning to use the Gearbrake module in conjunction with a Custom Dynamics high mount brake light and I believe both will have the OEM connectors.
    Both the Gear Brake and the TricLED LED strings have plug and play connectors. Thought I had videos on YouTube showing both installs... maybe not, can't remember for sure.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin