Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Single pay for all tolls

Since I don't pay tolls except on rare occasion I don't know how valuable this program is, but for those who do I thought I could at least share the link.

I got an email from GasBuddy.com touting this service so here it is: https://drivepeasy.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used to just throw my EZ-Pass into a storage pocket in the Frunk, and forget about it...
    It always worked!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad I don't have any toll roads in my area. But it does seem like a pretty neat service.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I pay enough for tolls ..Dont need the added cost for added fees..

Spyder Garage

So far...no tolls here.

Glad to see the information posted though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When this is fully implemented, it'll be GREAT for the IronButt rides. I hope it lasts.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is not a free service. I think you would have to drive a LOT where there are "foreign" toll servers for this to be practical.

As EZ pass......or your local equivalent......makes sharing agreements with other networks, you can get the same thing for FREE.
    Alas, that expansion seems to be really SLOW in coming.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After having EZ-Pass repeatedly (over the course of YEARS) mistake my license plate for one owned by an apparent chronic toll-runner's, I don't trust ANY automated toll system anymore. My plate and the toll runner's differed by only one digit ("Y" vs "V") and that was enough for me to receive repeated erroneous fine notices every few weeks/months. It continued even after I paid to change my license plates.

So this system? -- No Thanks.
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    It continued even after I paid to change my license plates.
    How do you figure that is possible ?
    Did you notify EZ Pass that you had changed plates.......and specifically that you no longer HAD to old one ??

Spyder Garage

Twice I got notices from Good To Go toll collection service saying I owed $7.00 for a toll across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Seattle. Supposedly this happened in Oct 2018. Problem was I haven't been to the west side of the state since a few years ago when I watched the Seahawks beat the Dolphins. Twice I called them and twice they pulled up the camera image and confirmed the license plate was unreadable and they were going to void the collection notice. Seems the image is so blurry it came down to someone says "Hey what does this look like to you?" and they worked it out to be my plate number.

But karma came a calling. Last Aug I drove down to Florida. Now almost every road down there is some kind of toll road, or seemed to be, yet I never paid any tolls. My sister said I would get a bill from the state, but I never did. And I'm sure I racked up a lot more then seven bucks in tolls.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    How do you figure that is possible ?
    Did you notify EZ Pass that you had changed plates.......and specifically that you no longer HAD to old one ??
    Yes, I did. Then I learned that, in NY State, when you give up plates they are never re-issued and the "old" plate number stays on your registration record (along with the current "new" plate number)! Even though I notified EZ Pass of this numerous times, the morons there still charged the violation to the old plate owner - me.
    Bert

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No coverage in the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    yet I never paid any tolls. My sister said I would get a bill from the state, but I never did. And I'm sure I racked up a lot more then seven bucks in tolls.
    You got lucky.....maybe.
    Most of the toll roads in the state are NOT "toll by plate".......and not paying the toll will result in a FINE in addition to the toll.
    I don't know how long it takes them to process violations for out of state......but you might not be out of the woods yet.