Thread: F3 fobo

Spyder Garage

Default F3 fobo

I just purchased a 2018 F3L and love it. Traded in my 2013RTL in on it. Took off my FOBO from my RTL and went to install them on F3L only to find very short valve stems. I have tried several extenders. any ideas... I don't really want to have to tear down my tires and put new valves on.

Thanks
    Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have F3 wheels and mine almost touch the wheel. Maybe a 1/16th or a 1/32, but I've never had a problem with them since I've owned them.

Spyder Garage

Have you put FOBO on?
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, 4 of them. One on each wheel and one on my air ride Schrader valve under the seat. They all work great with no problems. Best thing about them is you can check your tire pressures anytime without having to stand on your head. Everyone I know just loves checking the tire pressure in their rear tire. Once you've finished that job you're done with your exercise for the day.

Spyder Garage

I guess maybe we have different wheels. Here is my valve stems. I don't think I can attach my FOBO's ,but maybe you can help me.IMG_0254.jpg

Thanks
    Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    I guess maybe we have different wheels. Here is my valve stems. I don't think I can attach my FOBO's ,but maybe you can help me.IMG_0254.jpg

Thanks
    Rick
    Rick,

Have you tried putting them on? I don't have the fobo units, but do have the garmin ones and was convinced that they would not fit my wife's 2018 F3L stock valve stems. I purchased metal valve stems from an auto parts store, and since I have an extra wheel from my 2015 F3S tried to install one to see how it fits. It did not. So I tried one of the garmin sending caps on the stock stem and it fit! With the stock stem being so short there should be no problem with the geo forces from the sending unit cap.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes, I have, I contacted FOBO and they suggested I change valve stems, which means tearing down brand new tires. Not going to happen, until I need tires.
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rick, I think you're right. I have silver five spoke wheels and from your photo your stems look as if they may be set further toward the center of the wheel than what mine are. Anyhow, screw an FOBO on it and see what you have. They also make valve stem extensions but I don't think you'd like the looks of them on your wheels. Just buy one extension, the shortest one you can find, and try it out. You never know...................

Spyder Garage

Try putting them on if you have not already done so. I have a 2017 f3t and they are tight but are working fine on the bike. They appear to not screw on all the way but do work and have not come off after a year of use. Best of luck.
    Btw had the silver wheels on it first and traded friend for all black wheel from his rt and worked fine on both, tight like i said but worked fine.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try using valve stem extenders, the rubber type.
    2012 RTL , Brown