Spyder Garage

Default RT Highway Peg & Hips

Good morning everyone.
    I have an ‘18 RT w floorboards. Every once in a while I get some pain in my hip and wondering if the Highway Pegs will help w that. Normally I notice it on long rides or when stuck in traffic. If I’m in traffic I can just stand up and that’s usually enough to stop the hip pain, it’s not too bad but I’m thinking highway pegs would help me. I’m looking at the Lamonster FBB w Black Diamond LRG Gripper pegs. I’m assuming LRG means Large, but I’m having some trouble looking at all Peg designs side by side. I’ll call Jacob before I order, but I wanted to hear from you guys regarding pegs helping w hip.
    Thank you, have a great day.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I have had both hips replaced and don't use highway pegs because I don't like the way they splay my legs out. I have no hip pain doing anything including spending long days on the Spyder seat. Were I in your boots, before I popped for highway pegs I would begin doing stretching exercises to improve hip flexibility which might alleviate the pain. If you're not so inclined, buy the pegs. The old muscles and bones don't improve without some human intervention.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I have had both hips replaced and don't use highway pegs because I don't like the way they splay my legs out. I have no hip pain doing anything including spending long days on the Spyder seat. Were I in your boots, before I popped for highway pegs I would begin doing stretching exercises to improve hip flexibility which might alleviate the pain. If you're not so inclined, buy the pegs. The old muscles and bones don't improve without some human intervention.
    That was a great idea Jay. I’ve never even thought of stretching/exercising my hips. I Googled it, all I got was “magic pills” pages, but YouTube had some great stretches. As soon as I read your advice I started stretching and it’s already feeling better. Thanks a lot!

Spyder Garage

I get the same hip pain and I have the Highway Pegs. Most of the time I get the pain when I take my feet off the floor boards and then stretch then out to the pegs. I end up standing up to stretch my legs and have even done it at highway speeds. Not fun but it gets rid of the pain.

Let me know if you figure anything out.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    We have the FBB with large grippers, somtimes I ride with just one foot on a peg, sometimes both. I have yet to find that sweet spot as far as the distance and angle of the pegs yet. It does help me stretch a bit, you are spread eagle with these brackets a little but for me not to the point of being umcomfortable. Hope this helps
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Pegs.jpg

I have experienced hip pain on longer intervals on my rides. My guess is because of the 1 riding position you are in. I bought a pair of "floating Highway Pegs" from Spyderaccessories.com, These have HELP tremendously!!!! I like that they are, a little platform and not a peg. You can place your foot on them in MANY different locations/positions on it. I installed both on my bike in 10 mins, they are extremely easy to install. Hope this helps,

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    I’ve never saw those before, thank you! I was looking at the Lamonster FBB pegs. Do the Spyder Accessories Floating pegs attach directly to that black splash guard? I’m gonna check out Pieres site to check them out, I’m sure he has an install video. All of the above posts are greatly appreciated. Good to know I’m not the only one w that problem, and there’s a solution. JayBros recommended hip stretches/exercise so I’ve been doing that daily. We are in the middle of a cold spell in NY now (high temp in 20’s) so I haven’t been riding. Can’t wait to ride again, hopefully those stretches fixed my problem, if not, I’ll get some pegs.
    Thanks a lot Bluwoo, Yeochips, Fire34 & Campermac! And of course JayBros!

Jarred.

Spyder Garage

Brackets for the Floating peg bolt where the splash guard does. it has a metal bracket that rides on top of the guard, It is VERY SOLID...you cant even see it. It is a perfectly engineered product. Quite happy with it. Plus it looks nice, like it has always belonged there.