Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT USB Smart phone on spyder cuff OR JTs dash mount?

Why or why not?
    What has worked the best from personal experience moving the smart phone S9 out of the frunk (hot box) using Lamonster USB Cable Holder - Cable w/ C cable along with new Lamonster Approved Phone Holder with 1" Ram Ball Mount.
    1) Spyder Cuff design seems the best rout to go but need to know whether everyone is happy and comfortable with the phone holder 1" ram ball locked into the spyder cuff with usb extension mounted right with it?
    2) JT dash mount is also a nice design option but am concerned phone will be to large & bulky, in the windshield area and a distraction.

Would appreciate pros and cons from others with 2018 RT BRP connect USB relocating phone. Thanks a bunch!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

We have value accesories dash mount which is similar. I use a 3 inch double socket and my s9 fit just fine.
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the TricLED top dash bracket and RAM ball, Clamp and X-grip to mount phone on top of dash. I feel mounting to handlebar might not be good for the phone due to vibration.

fullsizeoutput_11ea.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Use same set-up as Flamewinger only put a small bit of Velcro on phone case and dash to "lock" it in place.
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Use same set-up as Flamewinger only put a small bit of Velcro on phone case and dash to "lock" it in place.
    29k miles and it hasn't fallen out yet. Bumps and jolts and the x-grip hold it just fine. You can get the x-grip with an elastic keeper if you want to be sure it will stay. https://www.twistedthrottle.com/ram-...older-w-1-ball
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I shamelessly made/copied JT's mount for our RT. With an X-grip and 3" double ended clamp, the phone stays just fine. also used a Garmin 660LM. Easy to SEE .
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow