Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

can you take it off your spyder and send it to me, cause I Guarantee you I need it more than you...... lol just kidding Lamont,, enjoy..
    mine will come in due time.

Spyder Garage

Rode around again today and I've been using just my middle finger to stop. Stops just fine in every situation so far.

Spyder Garage

I received my ISCI floorboard and brake set up the other day and also a Bruce Fabrication exhaust Wednesday. After looking at the instructions, I decided for the money I had involved, I would take it to my dealer to install both the floorboards and exhaust. They were very impressed with the quality of the merchandise and made the statement that there was a lot of thought put into this project. In talking with ISCI, when the new front brake lever comes out, I have to send back the current one they sent me and also be sure and mention that I have NMN risers. In over 60 years of riding, I am geting used to not putting my foot down when I stop, but I still reach for the handbrake. Also, as I understand, this system ties in and works as part of the existing braking system.
    Last edited by HD2CANAM; 06-21-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

Spoke with ISCI and their response was they are looking to have dealers install these hand brakes and will not be selling them to individuals to install, due to liability reasons.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Amen.... Great Mod.... really should be part of the spyder off production.
    I AGREE

Spyder Garage

quote:
    Spoke with ISCI and their response was they are looking to have dealers install these hand brakes and will not be selling them to individuals to install, due to liability reasons. 06-19-2009 04:11 PM

what did they tell you for a price to send it to a dealer?
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bah! Just follow the directions I sent you Seth...11K miles on my setup and its just fine...ditch that cable...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks like a really good setup i'm definately going to be adding this one. But my Dealer pretty much said a while back that they won't add a hand brake to it as it puts a liability on them so looks like once its out i'll be taking a nice trip to have it installed by ISCI if they are going to be doing installs.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You will have to find a none Spyder dealer to do the install as authorize dealers will not do the installation as it will not only void your warrantee but they could loose the right to be a Spyder dealer if BRP catches them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    You will have to find a none Spyder dealer to do the install as authorize dealers will not do the installation as it will not only void your warrantee but they could loose the right to be a Spyder dealer if BRP catches them.
    By law a modification cannot void your warranty unless it can be shown to have caused the specific, warranteed failure. Even then, it cannot void any other, unrelated part of the warranty. Dealers that spread this gossip are not to be trusted. I understand their potential liability, and they can choose whether or not to install a mod, but they should explain that they are not comfortable with it, or don't want to be bothered, not that it affects customer warranties.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Well, considering they already sent one to an end-user and 'let' them install it - I think this is another rumor (like the 110mph limiter).

If they don't sell to end users - then they automatically lose 50% or more of their potential sales.

They will probably just have some release that you sign stating that you agree to have it professionally installed.

I do agree that finding a Spyder dealer to do the install will be difficult.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Well, considering they already sent one to an end-user and 'let' them install it - I think this is another rumor (like the 110mph limiter).

If they don't sell to end users - then they automatically lose 50% or more of their potential sales.

They will probably just have some release that you sign stating that you agree to have it professionally installed.

I do agree that finding a Spyder dealer to do the install will be difficult.
    Rather than a waiver, most companies sell this sort of thing "for off road use only" Seems that exludes them from being liable if used on road and anything happens.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My dealer said he is up to the task, and told me that many potential buyers had inquired about it.

Spyder Garage

I would think that a "for competition use only" clause would be enough. I don't understand the difference between adding a hand brake and swapping out the foot pegs and foot brake lever for running boards and a brake pedal. While I do think its honorable they want to make sure its a safe install, I think many people are as competent, if not more so, than some dealership mechanics. Besides that, once the product is out the door they cannot possibly keep track of it forever. Just look at how many mods have been taken off and sold on the for sale board on this site alone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRP will never touch this mod.

Make us sign a waiver and sell it to us now...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it's a simple bolt on mod, bleed brakes and go.. a monkey or sloth could install this.. Sell it to us now please.. us legless handicrapped guys need this now..

Spyder Garage

I received the ISCI parking brake extension today. This came with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Looks like a smart business move to me. I'd do the same... except it wouldn't be all CAPS.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    that looks good, now ISCI sell me the brake mod..... PLEASE !!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    By law a modification cannot void your warranty unless it can be shown to have caused the specific, warranteed failure. Even then, it cannot void any other, unrelated part of the warranty. Dealers that spread this gossip are not to be trusted. I understand their potential liability, and they can choose whether or not to install a mod, but they should explain that they are not comfortable with it, or don't want to be bothered, not that it affects customer warranties.
    -Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ferno View Post
    that looks good, now ISCI sell me the brake mod..... PLEASE !!!
    ez dude..ur gonna blow a gasket

Spyder Garage

Venom had a post that said they were goin to be for sale soon, in addition to having dealers sell them.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice mode for the handicap.

It is a nice mod for the handicap, but for the regular Joe it is a novelty. I would like to see the spyder have independent brakes, but that will never happen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nater1 View Post
    It is a nice mod for the handicap, but for the regular Joe it is a novelty. I would like to see the spyder have independent brakes, but that will never happen.
    One man's novelty is another man's necessity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    JiM

http://bimjo.deviantart.com/
    http://bimjo.blogspot.com/