SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HI EVERYONE ! Dave here with great news for NEWBEES & OLDBEES

You New Spyder owners of units you got used, and are not yet quite up to speed
    on them yet.... Have you noticed your radio system does NOT go into your helmet ?
    even though you have a SENA or other brand of Blue tooth headset ?????
    On all of them from 2010 to 2016 and some 2017 models the radio is NOT Bluetooth,
    I can cure that for you easily for 1/2 the cost from your dealer, The unit they sell is the
    very same one I have, it is the SENA SM10 and the correct cable that plugs into the radio
    and the SM10, this converts your audio system to become BLUETOOTH so you can listen
    to your radio, GPS phone and others in your helmet and not blasting it out of your speakers
    for the world to hear.
    The BRP setup is around $399.00 mine is the same $199.00 and the best thing about mine is
    you can install it yourself in about 1 hour or less. Visit www.motorcycledave.com and watch the
    install video there just click on the SENA button up top and scroll down to the video, it's easy
    SM10 & Cable.jpg CALL ME TODAY AND GET YOURS. YOU WILL LOVE IT.
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 01-03-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Newbees & Oldbees"?

Since I don't have a Spyder anymore: does that make me a "Nobee"?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bob....
    That makes you a WANABEE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I got one from Dave and it works great but I dont listen to the radio much,I listen to a mix that I put on a thumb drive(800 songs)it just plugs into the aux jack and then BTs into my Sena headset also from Dave.The Zumo gps also interrupts the music right into my headset while my wife BTs her I phone music into her headset.Also when my I phone rings it goes right into my helmet and I can talk and listen very clearly and the other party says its very clear.I do have a full face modular helmet so that helps but Ive never had a comm system even close to this even on my last Gold Wing which I thought was great.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    You New Spyder owners of units you got used, and are not yet quite up to speed
    on them yet.... Have you noticed your radio system does NOT go into your helmet ?
    even though you have a SENA or other brand of Blue tooth headset ?????
    On all of them from 2010 to 2016 and some 2017 models the radio is NOT Bluetooth,
    I can cure that for you easily for 1/2 the cost from your dealer, The unit they sell is the
    very same one I have, it is the SENA SM10 and the correct cable that plugs into the radio
    and the SM10, this converts your audio system to become BLUETOOTH so you can listen
    to your radio, GPS phone and others in your helmet and not blasting it out of your speakers
    for the world to hear.
    The BRP setup is around $399.00 mine is the same $199.00 and the best thing about mine is
    you can install it yourself in about 1 hour or less. Visit www.motorcycledave.com and watch the
    install video there just click on the SENA button up top and scroll down to the video, it's easy
    SM10 & Cable.jpg CALL ME TODAY AND GET YOURS. YOU WILL LOVE IT.
    This is the way to do it. Forget that overpriced BRP BT setup
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Another +1 for Dave's setup, and his GREAT customer service BEFORE and After the sale.
    My wife love's our setup.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Bob....
    That makes you a WANABEE
    Or maybe a HASBEEn....

Bob, . We still luv ya hangin around!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Really hopes that Dave comes up with a similar concept for the 18s, since BRP decided that FM and Aux audio weren't worthy of routing through the onboard bluetooth. I currently can use the FM on my Sena 10U, but changing stations etc is definitely more difficult without a visual display. It seems that BRP has a good set of audio tools with the Aux, FM, and BRP-connect, just really screwed the pooch only routing BRP-connect to bluetooth! Had hoped it would be fixed with a 19 firmware update, but don't believe that is what I am hearing.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Really hopes that Dave comes up with a similar concept for the 18s, since BRP decided that FM and Aux audio weren't worthy of routing through the onboard bluetooth. I currently can use the FM on my Sena 10U, but changing stations etc is definitely more difficult without a visual display. It seems that BRP has a good set of audio tools with the Aux, FM, and BRP-connect, just really screwed the pooch only routing BRP-connect to bluetooth! Had hoped it would be fixed with a 19 firmware update, but don't believe that is what I am hearing.
    Well Dave you should have stated that you need the SENA SM 10 for the 2018 spyders too and not just for the earlier year models.
    Unless you know something we don't know.
    I am hoping a firmware update will fix this problem with out needing a SM 10 unit.
    JD

Spyder Garage

Is there a preferred model of the Sena bluetooth headsets to use. I have a 2018 Spyder F3T. I will be getting a CB (not sure yet what brand) added and would like to be able to talk with my husband on the CB (he rides a harley ultra limited) using the mic on the bluetooth headset. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Spyder Garage

Hi PUNNKIN
    I sent you a private message but this will also help.
    I can help you with putting a CB on your F3 and not cost you an arm and a leg to do it
    Give me a call 209-887-3283.

ride Safe
    Dave

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Or maybe a HASBEEn....

Bob, . We still luv ya hangin around!
    I was thinking WASBEE!!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)