Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Mods - new Adapter for the seats - need a lot of help !!

I still have no ryker here, without some chnages on the seat-position I cannot use it for us !!
    so maybe someone can help me with following ..

I want to set the original Ryder-seat 3-4 inch higer and the origianl passanger-seat exact on the same height (direct behind the driver-seat - like on a F3..but everything could be smaller)
    I do NOT want to change anything on the Frame-System, it should stay absolut original without any new wholes or so !!

So my idea is to make a new "adapter" which is fixed with the 4 x M6 screws which normally hold the frame of the passenger-seat and four "new" wholes to fix this frame more to the back-wheel and high enough that it does not touch the wheel when full loaded..

should be easy to install (?) when its finished -

frame-neu.jpg

I`m not a good fotoshopper or technical painter. so maybe someone can bring that to a better professional diagram, or maybe its an impossible idea ??

chris56
    (retired-ryker-ryder ?!? but 2up)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks to me like you have the hard part already done. cueman

Spyder Garage

Alpe-Adria.jpg

forgot to say - we used a Spyder GS ten years ago for our 25y-honeymoon, which was an adventuere ..
    ( this year hopefully with the new RYKER .. seems its built for the "1.000 mls over the Alps")
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I think you would be better if you bolt to the top of the seat plate instead of the sides. Just installed the max mount. Make a rectangle box instead of a C brace. Leave the max mount where it is just raise your seat. How your drawing is it looks like you raising the passenger seat also.

Spyder Garage

Seat-Box-new.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    I think you would be better if you bolt to the top of the seat plate instead of the sides. Just installed the max mount. Make a rectangle box instead of a C brace. Leave the max mount where it is just raise your seat. How your drawing is it looks like you raising the passenger seat also.
    Thanks - good Idea, but I also need the max-mount a little to the back and higher, there should be the space for a topcase with a backrest and maybe a "new" version of the passenger seat - could you give me an idea of the size of the Box ??