Spyder Garage

Default fittin her into new garage

Well we moved into our new townhome, now to figure out how to get 2 cars and Spyder in at the same time. It's been a crazy never ending month and a half packing, moving and unpacking and trying to fit it all while getting the old house ready to sell, we are very very tired. The garage is the same size as the old garage (old one was 19'x20' but without the steps) and I had all 3 in there but the new one has a 18" step in the rear and a 9" step on the left side where it will go since the door to the townhome is on the right side. I am going to try her with the back and/or the front to the left. With the front to the left the narrow end will be near the door to give more room to enter the townhome. I think I will have to get either the front or one of the rear tires up on the step. If I put one rear tire up on the step will it bother/hurt anything. I think I will try to use my ramps or make some ramps to get her up there. Thanks, Happy New Year to everyone. I just rode her to the new place yesterday and it was chilly but she's in her new home. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately some inclines/declines will piss off the hyper sensitive brake fluid sensors. Giving you a brake failure orange screen that will go away & come back repeatedly till you restart on flat & level adding fluid will help sometimes
    (Just don't go past max!)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

but as long as you get her down on level ground before starting her up you should be good. Otherwise should not have a problem...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

man this sounds like an old thread ( some one posted the same deal about 3 or so months ago ) ! moved too an odd shaped garage from before ! ( leave on car out )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    man this sounds like an old thread ( some one posted the same deal about 3 or so months ago ) ! moved too an odd shaped garage from before ! ( leave on car out )
    While I probably COULD fit all 3 into my 2-car garage, I choose not to because it would be a ROYAL PAIN.
    One car sits out all the time.
    But I don't have any snow to worry about.......and frost on the windshield maybe 5 days a year.

Spyder Garage

That would have been me. Now I have her here so I can figure it out in the 1st person. Does it affect the brake sensor whether the front , rear or sideways (one front tire up) is higher? I could always roll her down before starting her. Gotta figure it out quick. I'm having knee replacement on the 8th. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you prioritize correctly: your car will be parked outside.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    While I probably COULD fit all 3 into my 2-car garage, I choose not to because it would be a ROYAL PAIN.
    One car sits out all the time.
    But I don't have any snow to worry about.......and frost on the windshield maybe 5 days a year.
    Lucky you, I could only wish, In the old garage I could slowly back her in in front of the Wife's Kia Soul and it worked okay, had to remove 2/3rds of my workbench which I rarely used though. Once I had my 1996 Yamaha Virago 1100 and my 2002 Kawa Voyager and both cars in the garage, now that was tight.
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Already doin that, but the correct way would to have her car outside, lol. She has Raynaud's Disease and is very sensitive to the cold, Karen, not the bike, well maybe both, lol
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Well, finally got her in the garage with both cars with just inches to spare. Put her up on the lift high enuf to get her up on the step (9 inches high and 18 inches deep) and rolled the lift over to get the right frt tire on the step and supported the other 2 tires.
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That’s the way it works with me.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Well, finally got her in the garage with both cars with just inches to spare. Put her up on the lift high enuf to get her up on the step (9 inches high and 18 inches deep) and rolled the lift over to get the right frt tire on the step and supported the other 2 tires.
    now to do it repeatedly smoothly

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I bought a air of wheel dollies at Harbor Freight and used 2x4s to build them up high enuf to have the tires clear the step. Now once she is one the dollies I can roll her anywhere. I roll it into position by the step and raise her to get the dolly off of the right front wheel and push her 18" back and done. No more jockeying here around to get her in place. The first time I tried to get her down with her only on the lift before I got the dollies she twisted and one side went down, aloota fun getting her of the dolly that time.
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I have a J&S Jack. I have lots or room but you can raise th RT on the jack, drop down the stops and release pressure in bottle so bike not being held up by the jack bottle itself. It is very east to roll the bike all over the place and squeeze it into spots that would not be possible if you were simply trying to "roll" the bike itself into.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red