Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by germanspyderrider View Post
    ...... - but my model is ST - not RT.
    Does ist work with the magnetics from lamonster..??
    Sorry Germanspyderrider, the Magic Mirror Magnets only work with the RT's & their 'integrated into the body panels' mirrors, each of them being held on by 3 metal pins slotted into plastic slots on the mirrors!

IIRC, your model Spyder has mirrors that are bolted on; but I think Lamonster Garage & maybe others might sell re-location or extension arms for yours... best to check with them tho.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I can confirm the original clip wires do get bend very quickly. I had one 3000 mile service and one fix of the panels not being put back together properly and three out of four wires are already bent.

We installed the magic mirrors right after the X-mas and I can say we both had to find a YouTube video by someone else to find out, how to install them, because there were no instructions included. We just started our own installs and fixes after last bad experiences with repair shops and we had a hard time understanding what the online document states.

It seems as the instructions on new gadgets are starting to be fade out lately.
    I got a GoPro 5 black as well with no manual at all, just a little Quick start guide that was missing crucial steps. As a first time GoPro owner, it was a challenge to figure out, how to remove the cam from the box mount. We had to find videos on youtube again, just to figure out, how to operate it.We had to find videos on YouTube again, just to figure out, how to operate it. Even GoPro’s web site states to figure out steps based on personal experience.

It would be really nice to receive instructions with pictures and description on how to install these expensive gadgets. Magic Mirrors are great but not cheap, they deserve some installation paperwork, which is very easily produced these digital days.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by INfox View Post
    I can confirm the original clip wires do get bend very quickly. I had one 3000 mile service and one fix of the panels not being put back together properly and three out of four wires are already bent.

We installed the magic mirrors right after the X-mas and I can say we both had to find a YouTube video by someone else to find out, how to install them, because there were no instructions included. We just started our own installs and fixes after last bad experiences with repair shops and we had a hard time understanding what the online document states.

It seems as the instructions on new gadgets are starting to be fade out lately.
    I got a GoPro 5 black as well with no manual at all, just a little Quick start guide that was missing crucial steps. As a first time GoPro owner, it was a challenge to figure out, how to remove the cam from the box mount. We had to find videos on youtube again, just to figure out, how to operate it.We had to find videos on YouTube again, just to figure out, how to operate it. Even GoPro’s web site states to figure out steps based on personal experience.

It would be really nice to receive instructions with pictures and description on how to install these expensive gadgets. Magic Mirrors are great but not cheap, they deserve some installation paperwork, which is very easily produced these digital days.
    The install video and the PDF file are on the page that you order the product from. On any of our products that's the way we do it.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-am-spyder-rt/

Spyder Garage

Just received my Magic Mirrors yesterday......putting them on today plus power plate.....thanks LaMonster
    2016 RTL , White

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Russell Cullen the inventor of the Magic Mirror posted this tutorial on the installation of them
    When I purchased mine from him before Lamonster took over the company
    I used this You tube video by playing each stage then putting it on hold, doing that stage on my RT before moving on to the next stage until the installation was complete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS-R...&feature=share
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    … The upper OEM BRP connection was never an issue, and ... It actually holds the mirror better than three magnets …. if " DGoebel " had it set up the way you do His would'nt have come off..... imho the tethers are such a simple thing, that guarantee's the mirror won't hit the ground.... Yes His didn't either and I'm very surprised that they didn't. The lamp wiring in the mirror is the smallest used because the lamp is not a lamp it's an LED which doesn't need thick wires..... I always use mine...…. Mike
    Blueknight911? Ive seen your name a few times around here on a few topics. Are you sure you know what you're talking about and you're logic is correct??
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

It is okay to disagree. Just asking that it be kept civil. That is what these favorite discussions are all about.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I purchased a set last year. Great idea. In my opinion I would think this would be like this from the factory.!!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Docster View Post
    Blueknight911? Ive seen your name a few times around here on a few topics. Are you sure you know what you're talking about and you're logic is correct??
    First allow me to Thank You for your service in the Air Force & the Patriot Guard …. However from the " laughing " emoji am I to gather that you think my " logic" is not correct " ??? … I spent dozens of hours researching the " use of magnets " to hold the RT mirrors on …. and if you want that info I will gladly send it to you in an E-mail …… PM me your address if you want it …… Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, BK911 is among the all time DIY'ers on this site. If you like DIY you can put together and stall magic mirrors for under ten bucks, well......maybe twenty bucks including drinks.