Thread: Ryker IMO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker IMO

After a couple outings I would like to tell what I think so far. I have a Rally Edition and this 3w not only moves out quick, but handles quick also. I have had probably 6 or 7 side cars so I didn't have the problem of adapting from two wheel style to 3w style. Ryder input is minimal and Rally output is much. New ryders be careful not to over input or you may over do it. This is a nimble and quick handling machine and needs time to "get the feel of it" before you try to master it. My RPM was approximately 5,820 @ 60mph. and 5,920 @ 65mph. To me, this machine feels planted and I feel as one with the road. I'm having a blast even in the NE Ohio cold. The stopping ability is also quick, so be careful of people behind you. I've read that the tour pack wasn't worth $200. I've found out that it will carry my 1/2 helmet, gloves, rain suit and best of all it is a good back support for me. I feel it's worth it. I also have the wind shield and, although small, it works surprisingly well for my 5' 9" tall. I also have the back seat, front auxillery LED's and the transport cover on order. Does anyone know if the front LED's are plug and play? Things that I may change if I were to tour on it to make it more comfortable. Rubber covered foot pegs or small rubber floor boards, larger diameter hand grips, and the one side saddle bag. Other than getting the special tools needed and spare belt I think that's it. :2thumbs: cueman

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and keep having fun.

Spyder Garage

Good review cueman

Spyder Garage

I really like and relate to your driving review, cueman. I thought it really described much of the same feelings I had driving it. The one thing I didn't feel was the quick brakes. The brakes on the one I drove felt a little weak. Maybe it needed a little more break-in like you have. The brake pedal was adjusted low for me, so that might have had a lot to do with it. We couldn't get to adjust up. It might have been froze. It was 19* F when I drove it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Sounds like your a happy camper..: nice review and thanks for posting it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

ROCK ON
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default front auxillery LED's

front auxillery LED's are plug and play. You will have 4 holes to drill in the hood. Very easy. I put 1 on my Ryker. Looks great and works great. I know you are having FUN.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you, my friend. Is there a separate switch or do they come on with the dim lights only? Happy New Year, cueman

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your Ryker, ENJOY. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Thank you, my friend. Is there a separate switch or do they come on with the dim lights only? Happy New Year, cueman
    come on when you push the wake up button (start).

Spyder Garage

Good review cueman, and on the bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    front auxillery LED's are plug and play. You will have 4 holes to drill in the hood. Very easy. I put 1 on my Ryker. Looks great and works great. I know you are having FUN.
    Are they mostly for Night OR do they help with being seen during the daylight hours?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi All, I went for another ride in the country yesterday and would like to update my experience. It was in the lower 40s when I left and 37 when I got home. I now have a battery tender plug in wired to the battery and also wired up my heated clothes plug in cable. Both are fused with proper size fuses. I have a heated jacket liner and heated gloves that plug into a variable heat controller. Went for a nice ride and had to turn the heater down, as it was too hot in a very short time. My Rally "The Flying Monkey" ran flawlessly through the cold to warming up prowess with no hesitation at all. I noticed that on patched back roads that I really feel the imperfections in the foot pegs mostly, probably due to them being hard mounted to the frame and no rubber on foot pegs. Not a problem for me but may be for some. To be fair, I did stiffen up the suspension to 4 bars on the front KYB's and the rear close to the max with damper set to #3. This works very well in sweeping turns, and to me, worth the bit of harshness on imperfect roads. Now remember, I'm about 250lbs. seldom with a passenger. It was dark when I got home and I may have to adjust the headlight as oncoming traffic flashed me a couple times when I was on dims. Either that or they were wondering what the heck is that and who the heck would ryde something like that in the winter. LOL Well, got to meet the wifey for lunch. cueman

Spyder Garage

That is awesome!!! Glad the lights are bright!! Everyone I know calls it the bat cycle as if Batman would be driving it.

A little warmer here today in KS/MO. Ready to stretch the legs of my Rally with my riding partner. Added a topical gel pad to the rear seat for more butt comfort along with lumbar support for me. Dash cam bracket is a total bust so that may need to be removed/replaced. Cup holder and GPS mounting brackets seem to work well so far.
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Keep up the the reports and reviews guys. We're looking at getting a Ryker for my wife in the spring, if she likes the test ride. The only experience she has is lots of miles on the back seat with me. She's a great snowmobiler, so I think she'll catch on quick.
    All the reports, both good and not good, give us a good feeling for what she'd be getting into.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After a couple outings I would like to tell what I think so far. I have a Rally Edition and this 3w not only moves out quick, but handles quick also. My RPM was approximately 5,820 @ 60mph. and 5,920 @ 65mph. To me, this machine feels planted and I feel as one with the road. I'm having a blast even in the NE Ohio cold. The stopping ability is also quick, so be careful of people behind you. I've read that the tour pack wasn't worth $200. cueman
    Thanks for the detailed report. I haven't seen a RYKER as of yet. I know the Spyder dealers in my area are not happy about BRP's mandated minimum order for the Ryker. I've got a few observations/questions:
    1. The RPMs @speed seem a little high for a triple. Is the Rally Edition "geared" differently from the standard 900cc version????
    2. I hope the lid on the Ryker tour pack is not as flimsy as the one for the F3.
    My wife got her 3-wheel endorsement last summer. Don't know if the Ryker 900cc would float her boat.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Sounds like fun but 6000 rpm at highway speed doesn't bode well for long-distance runs.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

The 900 and 998 GS/RS and early RT's liked to be run at 5500 rpm plus all the time. I have over 100,000 miles on this configuration of engine--with no mechanical issues. I do not like the loud volume though.

Am guessing this will not be a problem for the Rykers. Looks like we are going to have many, beta testers for the game. Time will tell.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Thanks for the detailed report. I haven't seen a RYKER as of yet. I know the Spyder dealers in my area are not happy about BRP's mandated minimum order for the Ryker. I've got a few observations/questions:
    1. The RPMs @speed seem a little high for a triple. Is the Rally Edition "geared" differently from the standard 900cc version????
    2. I hope the lid on the Ryker tour pack is not as flimsy as the one for the F3.
    My wife got her 3-wheel endorsement last summer. Don't know if the Ryker 900cc would float her boat.
    Well MikeT, To the best of my knowledge, the only thing I can think of right now is the Rally has a 15" rear wheel and the regular 900 has a 16" rear wheel. What I don't know is if the tire diameter is different. Maybe somebody that knows will chime in. As for the tour pack lid being flimsy, I would agree. I would have liked it to be better but, it is what it is. cueman

Spyder Garage

Default Belt?

After a couple outings I would like to tell what I think so far. I have a Rally Edition and this 3w not only moves out quick, but handles quick also. I have had probably 6 or 7 side cars so I didn't have the problem of adapting from two wheel style to 3w style. Ryder input is minimal and Rally output is much. New ryders be careful not to over input or you may over do it. This is a nimble and quick handling machine and needs time to "get the feel of it" before you try to master it. My RPM was approximately 5,820 @ 60mph. and 5,920 @ 65mph. To me, this machine feels planted and I feel as one with the road. I'm having a blast even in the NE Ohio cold. The stopping ability is also quick, so be careful of people behind you. I've read that the tour pack wasn't worth $200. I've found out that it will carry my 1/2 helmet, gloves, rain suit and best of all it is a good back support for me. I feel it's worth it. I also have the wind shield and, although small, it works surprisingly well for my 5' 9" tall. I also have the back seat, front auxillery LED's and the transport cover on order. Does anyone know if the front LED's are plug and play? Things that I may change if I were to tour on it to make it more comfortable. Rubber covered foot pegs or small rubber floor boards, larger diameter hand grips, and the one side saddle bag. Other than getting the special tools needed and spare belt I think that's it. cueman
    Shaft drive, right?

Spyder Garage

Yes it's shaft drive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The belt is for the CVT tranny. probably not needed.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L