Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    We want to pinstripe our bike and need help to pick colors, and info and/or pictures would help.
    Chris, I have an idea, paint your dashboard( see any of my posts) the same color. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here,
    Hey How are things in Furnley?
    Having owned and built several custom motorcycles and cars over the years, some have even been in
    magazines... I learned long ago not to depend on others opinions on colors, If were you I would go to a
    Pro. Pin stripper, and or a Pro. automotive/motorcycle painter, they are in the business of mixing and matching colors
    they will have color samples that they can show you and put side by side or on top of each other so you can see what
    they look like together. You would be amazed at the colors that go great together you would never have picked...
    Always go with a pro. You will have to live with your choice for a long time...
    Ride Safe
    Happy Hew Year
    Dave

We want to pinstripe our bike and need help to pick colors, and info and/or pictures would help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscofield84 View Post
    I got my bike pinstriped at the Deadwood 3-wheel rally last year from Jeff Dastrup. He was listed as one of the vendors, so I contacted him ahead of time for the work. I took some ideas, had some ideas of colors, but gave him the final control over what he did. Very satisfied with the work. My bike color was Black Current. Many layers of flecks/deep underlying colors. Went with Red, Silver, and a copper tone. Good luck. I would pick a black - orange - silver for colors for your bike.
    I had Jeff do the Dragon on the front of my Spyder. It is hand painted, by brush. Very beautiful. He did mine in 2017 at the last Red Rock Spyder rally in St George.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I had Jeff do the Dragon on the front of my Spyder. It is hand painted, by brush. Very beautiful. He did mine in 2017 at the last Red Rock Spyder rally in St George.
    I've tried contacting Jeff without much luck. Do you have any contact info for him?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes I do Pete, But it will be tomorrow before I can get to it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

As other mentioned, find a well respected artist to do the stripes. Talk with them. Share the colors you or your wife truly dislike. No sense in getting an accent color, even if it is best, that you simply do not like that color.

Consider, do you want just stripes, or other tidbits like the stripe artwork / shields. Once you have an agreed upon idea, let the pro do his or her magic.

Also, you might find they want to place a few “sample” on the Spyder to gage your reaction to tne colors. Have no fear, the samples will remove without harm.

As for the Cognac color as a base, myself I would avoid black since the Spyder itself has a lot of black to begin with. I suspect a lighter color will be more lively than a darker color in regards to the main stripe color. At a guess, I would believe a certain silver color base stripe, with almost any accent color on top of or tightly next to the silver could work. However the silver needs to be wider and more powerful. Maybe silver with cherry red. Something less noticed could be simply a gold or metalic brown.

Spyder Garage

Wraps vs paint...both achieve a goal of a different look.

Wraps or wrap segments are a cost effective way to get that different look and in most cases, at least for small wraps, are fairly eady to install. Wraps do have that can be removed feature that painted surfaces do not have.

Painted stripes, pinstripes, artwork or details is not for everyone. In some ways it requires confidence in your decision of how you expect it to look, AND, for most, confidence in the artist.

In my eyes, painted graphics, stripes or artwork is more high end. Stickers work, but are still stickers.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That was easy, I hope we all made your decision an easy one. Lots of good thoughts in this thread.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Wraps vs paint...both achieve a goal of a different look.

Wraps or wrap segments are a cost effective way to get that different look and in most cases, at least for small wraps, are fairly eady to install. Wraps do have that can be removed feature that painted surfaces do not have.

Painted stripes, pinstripes, artwork or details is not for everyone. In some ways it requires confidence in your decision of how you expect it to look, AND, for most, confidence in the artist.

In my eyes, painted graphics, stripes or artwork is more high end. Stickers work, but are still stickers.
    I agree. But, that is not what the OP was asking. I see very few posts here that directly answer the question being asked.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Yes I do Pete, But it will be tomorrow before I can get to it.
    I just called him this morning and he's very interested in attending the Ryde-Ins but can't make Yuma because he's doing a car show that weekend.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chris, do you have a painter already and just want help from the community about which colors and designs? Or, are you also looking for a painter and / or event where you can get it done?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I agree. But, that is not what the OP was asking. I see very few posts here that directly answer the question being asked.
    UtahPete, while it is no doubt difficult to be you or in the case of others, including myself, to even come close to your fictional expectations of what you believe you are.

Your reply is empty and worthless.

You scolded me stating a reply did not answer the persons question regarding pinstripes. I am truly let down by your lack of knowledge regarding the subject matter of pinstripes. You as a person, self endowed to know all should have obviously realized that pinstripes can be applied both in painted on form, or as a pinstripe tape. Addionally, as the scholar you proclaim to be, had you read each word I have posted in reply to the original post, an immediate second paragraph did suggest my ideas on possible color combinations.

Yes, I did read where the original poster was planning for painted stripes, which in my lowly opinion is a better choice. However, with the overall support for adhesive type graphics, wraps, and even various types of stripes, my post shared ideas about that method vs painted artwork.

Sorry my inadequacies have failed you again, as so many others here have failed you also. All the best with your irrelevant posts too.