Spyder Garage

Default Could use mod design help

Good morning guys and gals,
    This is my first post to SpyderLovers.com, I don't have a Spyder yet, I am working with my local dealer (Abq., NM) trying to figure out how to make my mods. I am a hemiplegic paralyzed on the left and although the SE5 has most everything I need I have to figure out how to get the controls on the other side of the bike. I spent most of the last 20 years designing and building an HD trike that I could ride, although it worked fine I am tired of breaking axles, swingarms, frames, and anything else you can think of that would leave me stranded and screwed on trips. Now I am looking at the Spyder.

What I need to do is get the shift switch, the start, reverse, turn(s), high/low, and horn buttons on the right. The kill and flashers can be relocated to the dash. That may sound like a lot for one hand but my HD has all that plus a clutch. IT CAN BE DONE! We really a determined lot, eh?

From the looks of the SE5 stock controls if the shift switch housing came to the right it would be A) backwards (no biggie), and B) in the way of the throttle cable (problem). The rest of the needed switches are all on the left. Is there anyway to move these switches to the right panel where the others would come out?

I apologize if this is long, but I find it easier to explain in detail where I have been for the last 20 years.

If anybody has experience changing the location of stock switches, I would really appreciate some advice. I have seen some of the other mods yo guys have done, I am impressed all this time i thought I was good just moving switches, shifter, clutch and re-designing the brake system on an HD, but you guys ROCK!!!

Thanks again, Pockets

Spyder Garage

welcome
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

welcome I have not read anywhere on this forum where someone has moved all the controls to one side, however if it can be done i am sure someone on this forum can figure it out as we have some very tech smart mechanics.

Spyder Garage

welcome
    You might want to look through Mikes post as he had to move everything to the right on his Spyder.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1642

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome