Spyder Garage

Default gas emission level F3 Ltd?

Hi. Can someone tell me the gas emission level of an F3 Ltd 2019?
    I'm having problems in my area for the level emisions. RT 2011 says HC+Hnox 0.8 and that is EuroI.
    So now I have problems to move to some places depending on the contamination level, week day, etc.
    I'm thinking about buy a new F3 Ltd but I'd like to know the level in order to avoid future problems.

Thanks.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cant the dealer tell you this where you plan on buying the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know...

Not a common knowledge question as of yet they are not smoging spyders here but if in Spain they check those levels your dealer or BRP would have to certify that for you. If someone here does know I don't know if that would help you as proof of the level.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good morning Thanks for the answers.
    According to the manual there should be a label in the front compartment where it says what environmental standard meets. I found the one in California and I'd like to know
    the label's content to compare.
    eti.JPG
    Calif.jpg

Spyder Garage

Ah California... they are "Special". I do see that the lable is dated 2018 and I have a 2012 RS which has no such lable in the front storage area but then if I found one it would not help you. May be a newer thing and those with the newer models that do have the lables can help out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    Hi. Can someone tell me the gas emission level of an F3 Ltd 2019?
    I'm having problems in my area for the level emisions. RT 2011 says HC+Hnox 0.8 and that is EuroI.
    So now I have problems to move to some places depending on the contamination level, week day, etc.
    I'm thinking about buy a new F3 Ltd but I'd like to know the level in order to avoid future problems.

Thanks.
    IMHO you are over-thinking this emissions thing. BRP products are sold with each country's Emissions regs. considered. Here in the U.S.A., No veh's. can be shipped into the USA unless the emissions regs. are met..... If you are doing the Importing personally - make sure the Spyder you buy is emissions certified for your country ….. I'm sure the shipping company can assist in this because they can't bring a non-certified veh. into the country ……. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO you are over-thinking this emissions thing. BRP products are sold with each country's Emissions regs. considered. Here in the U.S.A., No veh's. can be shipped into the USA unless the emissions regs. are met..... If you are doing the Importing personally - make sure the Spyder you buy is emissions certified for your country ….. I'm sure the shipping company can assist in this because they can't bring a non-certified veh. into the country ……. good luck …. Mike
    The area where I live, near Barcelona, ​​has begun to restrict the entry of polluting vehicles and later it will prohibit the circulation in the whole metropolitan area.
    I currently have an RT Ltd 2011 that I assumed was in a position to comply with the Euro 3 norm but it is Euro 1 and with that level of emissions I will not be able to circulate.
    So I'll have a Spyder that I will not be able to use.
    I have been looking to buy an F3 Ltd but nobody can tell me which standard it meets. By the date of registration in 2019 would be Euro 4 but I am afraid that the Can Am only
    pass Euro 2 with what in a short time would have the same problem again.
    I have consulted BRP but they send me to the distributor and the distributor is an involved party because he wants to sell.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    The area where I live, near Barcelona, ​​has begun to restrict the entry of polluting vehicles and later it will prohibit the circulation in the whole metropolitan area.
    I currently have an RT Ltd 2011 that I assumed was in a position to comply with the Euro 3 norm but it is Euro 1 and with that level of emissions I will not be able to circulate.
    So I'll have a Spyder that I will not be able to use.
    I have been looking to buy an F3 Ltd but nobody can tell me which standard it meets. By the date of registration in 2019 would be Euro 4 but I am afraid that the Can Am only
    pass Euro 2 with what in a short time would have the same problem again.
    I have consulted BRP but they send me to the distributor and the distributor is an involved party because he wants to sell.
    WTF …. this is Bizarre ….. this is the first time I have ever heard of a Country … De-Certifying … a previously certified Vehicle ……. If this is true a lot of owners of any vehicle/s are going to be surprised that they Also have to get rid of their current veh's….. might cause RIOTING ….. like what is happening in France over the Carbon Tax ……. jmho …..good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes. The laws in France and Spain are governed by those of the EEC. They are the same exactly.
    The vehicles are correctly certified according to the years of registration and with all the revisions
    to the day but for environmental reasons they do not allow us to circulate.
    I neither understand but is for this reason I'd like to buy a new one only if the last norm for motorcycles
    applies. Otherwise, unfortunately I will have to change the brand.