Spyder Garage

Default How do you use your frunk Audio-in jack?

Wondering what everyone is using and how everyone controls music on your CD player or MP3 player being connected inside the frunk with the lid closed.
    Sounds kind of silly to ask but do you stop, open the hood and pick which track to play or have you relocated this jack to the dash? What am I missing here for it's true purpose?

I Love this site! Thanks.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

If it is Apple devise - a cord should come with your Spyder to connect to in the frunk. On Apple, once plugged in, you can use your controls for the Radio - in Aux mode to skip, back up, or shuffle songs around. If not Apple and different brand, use the other cord that came with it for other MP3 players. You loose the controls for surfing songs, but the volume button will work on it. I have a Sansa MP3 player, I have loaded just for my Spyder - road traveling music. I have the volume turned all the way up on the devise, and then adjust thru the handle bar control for the radio. Again with the other brands of MP3 players, you need to be in Aux mode. The older RTS that we had (2015) had rear truck connection, I could loop the MP3 player to play, and also be charging at the same time with the 12 volt adpt. Can't do that on the 2018 model with connection in frunk. Hope that has been helpful.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

Sorry. I am asking how this Audio-in jack pertains to specific 2018 RTs only with the new BRP system .
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Choose Roadster then 2019 then RTL and the owners manual will have what the 2018 manuals didn't. That is instructions on how the new tech dash works and all the other features of the new ride.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...1-6d007442cd46

Basically the USB is for the smartphone that is also connected via bluetooth. The audio jack is for an iPod or similar device to play through the AUX in the radio system. The USB's in the rear trunk provide power only.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red