Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child swipes F3

Spyder Garage

I can't help but to smell the odor of a BS story. But I am glad no one was seriously hurt that we know of.
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Standard OEM 3 year old...

Think he could ryde away....
    that could make one helluva great poster for a BRP advertising campaign geared to the younger segment of the buying public...
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Se6 will sit motionless on a level surface in gear at idle with no brakes applied. The video seems to show the kid hanging onto something which could be the throttle grip. The dad is surely on the wrong side of the bike to apply the brake or get to the kill switch.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    that could make one helluva great poster for a BRP advertising campaign geared to the younger segment of the buying public...
    I wish Can Am would take my advice and market to parents w small children. My wife never got on my 2W, not once. Not even my old Honda Elite 250 Scooter, lol. However she had no problem “approving” my Spyder purchase, she rides w me a lot and has no problems w my kids riding w me. I was gonna plan a RC group ride tomorrow, but she recommended her & I ride and I take each kid for a ride, they’ve been asking. With the passenger armrests (haven’t bought yet) that passenger seat is extremely safe. I need to buy the armrests, last time I took my son for a ride he fell asleep. Lol.

Has anyone heard any updates on this story?

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

I've been curious myself. Haven't heard a thing. The local newscast here said "see what happens when a 3 year old takes her father's motorcycle for a joyride", & I took the bait. Seems like a slightly different story than "a joyride".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Watched that video several times. A lot of things just don't add up.... how does a 3-year old start an F3 by herself? Starting process requires 4 separate steps using thumbs of both hands in proper sequence. Did the little kid learn that? or was the Spyder already running when she climbed on, or was placed on? Also, must already have been in gear and then she twisted the throttle pretty wide. ... If it wasn't already running and already in gear, is someone suggesting that a 3-year old is big enough to reach her leg down, apply brake with right foot while using SE shift with left thumb. OR, if it's a manual shift, are they trying to convince us the 3-year old operated brake, clutch and shift - a lot of strength and coordination needed from a little kid. And why does the Spyder seem to continue at speed without any apparent occupant until it crashes, heavily, and flips. Did the throttle jam? How? ... Lots of unknowns here. Lots of incredible factors and sequences. Maybe more than a few human errors or some negligence/carelessness. Thankfully, it seems there were only minor injuries to the persons involved; the Spyder wasn't quite as fortunate. Incredible!!!
    I watched the video and I couldn't see a clutch lever. I suppose if the bike was left running the kid could manage to get it into gear if she had watched her dad do it. Kids play on bikes all the time.

Spyder Garage

I smell rotten cheese in Denmark here! I think it was set up and they had someone standing by to video this and in the process something went terribly wrong!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Se6 will sit motionless on a level surface in gear at idle with no brakes applied. The video seems to show the kid hanging onto something which could be the throttle grip. The dad is surely on the wrong side of the bike to apply the brake or get to the kill switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug5283 View Post
    I've been curious myself. Haven't heard a thing. The local newscast here said "see what happens when a 3 year old takes her father's motorcycle for a joyride", & I took the bait. Seems like a slightly different story than "a joyride".
    See my quote from an earlier post. No need to shift, just twist the throttle and off you go!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

once the bike was REVED UP it would have taken off without the dad present (if he was really inside).... story is sounding big BSish…..

Spyder Garage

there is another thread on this same topic
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...87#post1411887

in case you want to see and/or repeat comments

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

After the lawyers are done with this case we'd need to constantly hold the MODE button down to ride.

It always takes one idiot to spoil the fun for everyone.

Spyder Garage

No harm in posting this topic more than once, if anything it serves as an excellent safety topic regarding Spyder

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple