I just did the install of the Lamonster Garage gas cap on my wifes 2018 F3T.

Upfront let me say the quality is a 10 out of 10 (as usual for Lamonster). Honestly the longest part was watching the video several times because it looked to easy.

The tool that is supplied to hold the nut was great. HOWEVER...in my case I had it a bit easier. I first took the allen wrench and turned the screw without having to fish the tool under the cap to find the screw. Then I took the took and put it under the screw as I was using the allen wrench to unscrew it. In my case it created enough pressure to keep the nut from turning and I heard the nut fall off (as in the video).

I had the same trouble fishing the new wire as Lamont did in his video but it eventually was able to be fished though. I would highly recommend a flash light that can be shined down in the hole so that you can see the fish wire.

Lastly the supplied connection nut was hard for me to use so I used a wire crimp connector with electrical tape over it.

I would highly recommend this mod. My wife has been having trouble closing her OEM gas cap and we have tried the recommendations here with limited success so Lamonster garage was the best option.

John