Spyder Garage

Default A few questions about the Ryker (900 vs. Rally)

Hello Spyderlovers!

My name is Rob and I am new here. I live in The Netherlands and used to have the 2013 RSS and I loved it. Now I am really interested in buying a Ryker 900 and/or Rally. I have a few questions and maybe some of you can help me answer them. I will only ryde on the normal roads.

- what are the benefits of the Rally vs. the 900? (on a normal road, not offroad)
    - Is the Rally better for 2 persons or the 900?
    - What is the difference in tires and what are the effects on a normal road (asfalt)?
    - how much does the backseat cost for a second person?

Thanks for any answer!

Spyder Garage

Rob I went with the 900: because of the wheels and rear fender I will add the rear rack and the FOX shocks. 2 up same. You still have to add back rest and seat. Tire on road to me is no big deal. Go to BRP web site SHOP or Ebay and check out seat and backrest cost. Just what I think. You are going to love it.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to the spyder world and this awesome site as to your questions.... they are both 900 engines though the ralley has more performance choices not needed for normal ryding. We have seen questions as to the noise of the ralley tires... You can check the BRP site as to the cost of the passenger seat and other acc...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/user/BRPServiceVideo/videos

This link shows you how to attach Most of the various Accessories! No real advantage for a Rally on normal roads. Research the BRP Ryker site and numerous videos posted on You Tube under "Can am Ryker".

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Rally has “Sport & Rally” modes. Reduces the “nanny” kicking in. Before I got to see them in person, I was 100% sure I wanted the Rally. But after riding the 900ACE, not sure Rally is “necessary”....the 900ACE has tons of power, can spin rear tire without upsetting the nanny. I was very impressed w the 900ACE. I’ll probably still get the Rally, but the 900 was just awesome. Go see them in person, much better than pictures. Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Almost forgot. Rally also comes w Max Mount ($300) and Aluminum Handguards ($75), included in package.

Spyder Garage

Go see them in person (As Said Above) . I sat on a 600 same as 900 and the seat did seem a bit hard "Compared" to the feel of my F3 below. It feels much smaller when you sit on it in person. I'm ordered the 900 and may add a better seat if needed?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I’m looking forward to hearing about the stock seat vs Comfort seat. Comfort seats really add a lot of money to purchasing price.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Almost forgot. Rally also comes w Max Mount ($300) and Aluminum Handguards ($75), included in package.
    Got the MAX Mount in my deal on the 900 ace. Also did 300 miles on stock seat worked great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    Rally has “Sport & Rally” modes. Reduces the “nanny” kicking in. Before I got to see them in person, I was 100% sure I wanted the Rally. But after riding the 900ACE, not sure Rally is “necessary”....the 900ACE has tons of power, can spin rear tire without upsetting the nanny. I was very impressed w the 900ACE. I’ll probably still get the Rally, but the 900 was just awesome. Go see them in person, much better than pictures. Good luck.
    Agree 100%. Mine came down to rear fender and wheels. For me: Rally Mode is something I don't need. Like you said Sport Mode does more than I need.

Spyder Garage

Thats a bunch of really good questions there and great info back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another thing to note. The Rally comes with a much better shock/spring package than the standard 900. It's a $1700 to upgrade the standard 900 with a better shock package. You'll have to be the judge on whether or not upgraded shocks are needed for pavement riding. I would say yes based on my RS ( RS handled much better with upgraded shocks) but I haven't ridden a Ryker yet to know for sure.