Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Motorhome-Truck-Spyder

Here are some pictures of my new Spyder travel rig. I travel the US quite a bit in my motorhome while flat towing a vehicle behind. When I got my Spyder this year I had to do some thinking about how to take it with me while I travel and still have a car too. I thought about a Hydra Lift on the back of the motorhome and then tow the vehicle behind. Trouble with that setup would be having to unhook towed vehicle and all tow bars etc just to get the Spyder off. I then thought about a big trailer but length would have been a problem with a 42 foot motorhome and 26' trailer. Plus having to strap both vehicles down etc.

I then came across this device from Amerideck. I load the Spyder on when its level on the ground, a couple straps and hit the button. A hydraulic arm lifts the platform and loads it in the bed of the truck. Very quick, simple and easy. They are made in western Pennsylvania but have dealers all over. I found this unit used on Craigslist for 1400 dollars. New they are around 5000 dollars. This is the 6 1/2" unit which I had to modify it by making an extension to fit the Spyder but it works well. They do make an 8' deck too. I'm going to add airbag helper springs on the truck just to level it out. Now I can flat tow the truck behind the motorhome and still have the Spyder too.
    Attached Images Attached Images